The online racing simulator
Quote from lfsrm :chipset has nothing to do with fps's, with his specs he can play probably every game in the market with high/ultra setting.

I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
16GB DDR Matched 1600 Memory
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB
Hann-G 27" Wide HDMI Monitor

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :

He said more than 60FPS which is a very conservative guess. Even with a single GTX 760, I manage 100+ FPS with settings turned rather high. 2 GTX's just adds icing to the cake.
I just read, this is a modified GTX 680, just with the O/C higher speeds..Nothing to moan about, but just a re-badged older GPU.

Quote :The release of the GeForce GTX 770 is a little bit of a weird one, really this is a GeForce GTX 680 in disguise.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles ... _windforce_review,23.html

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB

Fordie

what kind of problems H chipsets have ? the store actually asked me if i wanted to switch to b85 d2v for the same price as the h81 hd3 , was it a mistake to not listen to them ?

cant wait to play AC
Quote from Fordman :I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB

Fordie

I dont know the reviews you talking about but many hardware website have a problem with "entry prices" hardware which calling them all shit... anyway what I know is the Z chipset is useless if you dont have unlocked CPU for overclocking, depend on motherboard brand B or H series are just fine for 99% of time, of cours you can find some high end motherboard with special sound controller or double bios, but all this has nothing to do with chipset or performance ingame.
While we are discussing specs, I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz.

8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

When playing the game the CPU gets a hammering and I get a popup saying my CPU is at 97% and a windows settings popup that wants to down grade my desktop display settings.

I just run the basic display settings as is.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :what kind of problems H chipsets have ? the store actually asked me if i wanted to switch to b85 d2v for the same price as the h81 hd3 , was it a mistake to not listen to them ?

cant wait to play AC

If you brought it all as a package, then you will be fine, as they know what they are doing. I only said H chipset, as I had H61 and my GTX didn't work with it, so I upgraded to a Z77 ( only because what i read )

Quote :LFSRM - anyway what I know is the Z chipset is useless if you dont have unlocked CPU for overclocking,

Runs perfectly fine here, no O/C or Unlocked CPU

Fordie
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :
When playing the game the CPU gets a hammering and I get a popup saying my CPU is at 97% and a windows settings popup that wants to down grade my desktop display settings.

I have herd this alot on the AC forums, but I haven't or seen that message as yet...thank god. Does it happen on every track or when you drive Snoopys Ring circuit....this track seems to hammer the hardware, maybe that's why I haven't seen that message

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Seriously??? I have lower specs than him and I am hitting around 120-130fps with a 1080p HDMI resolution.
OK I have more Ram (double), but his GFX card is better than mine, his processor is better than mine, and he has SSD, I don't.
Regards

Fordie

PS - Oh wait, just seen his problem, he has H81 chipset...this will bring his FPS down quite I bit, so you might be right Bose

Motherboard, RAM or SSD doesn't effect on fps. CPU and GPU are those which give performance.
Quote from Fordman :If you brought it all as a package, then you will be fine, as they know what they are doing. I only said H chipset, as I had H61 and my GTX didn't work with it, so I upgraded to a Z77 ( only because what i read )

Runs perfectly fine here, no O/C or Unlocked CPU

Fordie

ofc that work fine, but there is no performance difference between chipset Z B or H, only overclocking capabilities with Z series if you have Intel core I5/7 xxxxK ( K for unlocked ).

so nothing wrong with H81 chipset shimon-ifraimov .
Jeez peeps, like I said, I had a H61 shitset, and my GTX didn't work, full stop, so I upgraded, I had to. I was only going on what I read "O/C forum, Tomshardware, to name a couple of where I found reference to this and performance issues with certain H** motherboards and GTX cards.

I said, he would be fine ( shop built ) and I know chipset's doesn't make a difference, but sometimes they "do" with compatability issues with certain types of GFX cards. a Quick google and you find this, as well as many others:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/D ... hua-H61-uATX/td-p/2517883

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Jeez peeps, like I said, I had a H61 shitset, and my GTX didn't work, full stop, so I upgraded, I had to. I was only going on what I read "O/C forum, Tomshardware, to name a couple of where I found reference to this and performance issues with certain H** motherboards and GTX cards.

I said, he would be fine ( shop built ) and I know chipset's doesn't make a difference, but sometimes they "do" with compatability issues with certain types of GFX cards. a Quick google and you find this, as well as many others:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/D ... hua-H61-uATX/td-p/2517883

Fordie

when i read HP on your link...., you know that manufacturer have special and modified motherboard with in most case cheap bad qualities compound, there is nothing to do with Asus,msi,gigabyte...etc motherboard who are better quality builded.

I thought you had "normal" H chipset motherboard, so you can't really compare manufacturer motherboard with major hardware brand.

ps : sorry for my approximative english.
I just bought Xeon 1231v3 processor for my next computer build, will be my first self-built one. H97 motherboard because I can't overclock a Xeon and I don't care about that really, just adds more power consumption and barely affects fps. Still going with my old GPU as the GPU I was looking for got a little price bump so I'm just waiting a little longer.
Quote from fatalunfair :I just bought Xeon 1231v3 processor for my next computer build, will be my first self-built one. H97 motherboard because I can't overclock a Xeon and I don't care about that really, just adds more power consumption and barely affects fps. Still going with my old GPU as the GPU I was looking for got a little price bump so I'm just waiting a little longer.

Z chipset are only for who's want overclock their K CPU, there is no différence between H or Z or whatever thats what am trying to say.
Such discussions, much specs
W​o​w
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam / inappropriate language
Quote from Fordman :I have herd this alot on the AC forums, but I haven't or seen that message as yet...thank god. Does it happen on every track or when you drive Snoopys Ring circuit....this track seems to hammer the hardware, maybe that's why I haven't seen that message

Fordie

It's on any track any combo, basically just playing the game
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :It's on any track any combo, basically just playing the game

LE:
Do you usually join servers with more clients than track's pitboxes ? Because if you do, that is where the problem is currently (<< info from Kunos).
Quote from luchian :LE:
Do you usually join servers with more clients than track's pitboxes ? Because if you do, that is where the problem is currently (<< info from Kunos).

It can be playing the game not online. I like the race events built into the game and it can happen just practicing. Online I'm on my own server with one other at the moment with 3 clients.

I don't get the message most times but 2 or 3 minutes into playing the first thing I notice is the CPU fan working it's butt off. Which is a after market Noctua.

I have 3 auto settings on the ASUS motherboard for overclocking and it's on the middle setting. Which from memory gives everything a slight boost from standard. I did this because I thought the game would need a little bit more.

I was getting this issue on the base settings as well. Next time I play I'll check the CPU usage before and during the game to see the difference.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :It can be playing the game not online. I like the race events built into the game and it can happen just practicing. Online I'm on my own server with one other at the moment with 3 clients.

I don't get the message most times but 2 or 3 minutes into playing the first thing I notice is the CPU fan working it's butt off. Which is a after market Noctua.

I have 3 auto settings on the ASUS motherboard for overclocking and it's on the middle setting. Which from memory gives everything a slight boost from standard. I did this because I thought the game would need a little bit more.

I was getting this issue on the base settings as well. Next time I play I'll check the CPU usage before and during the game to see the difference.

I find this odd. I have a friend with a previous generation of quads (Q8400 @2.66) and he doesn't have this kind of problem. I don't think the issue is the CPU directly. Don't have any suggestions though..
I am running a i7 2600k with 8gig RAM and average 60FPS using high/ultra graphic settings. I have raced with tons of AI and various multiplayer combos. I have only seen the CPU warning once, on a very laggy server.

GPU = AMD HD6800 series

I can't say that i know the solution or cause of your issues, but it is not necessarily the specific CPU because it is working great for me on a similar combo.
Anyone racing online?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Anyone racing online?

Will be shortly

Have you joined the Steam Group? Let me know your steam name ( pm me ) and I will send you an invite, easier than trying to cut and paste

Fordie
got my pc runing today and installed AC , the game is freaking awesome !
to me some time to get it runing (directx issue , update issues , controller setup etc..)

ok now a few quastions

what lfs servers are out there ?
what kind of settings are best for G27 wheel
and how do i adjust car seat (up down )
how can i add pedels,fps,track map, to show in my hud while racing ?

thx :]
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :
how can i add pedels,fps,track map, to show in my hud while racing ?

Just move your mouse to the right edge of the screen while on track. You'll see the list of apps you have instaled. The one called "Render stats" have the pedals and fps.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG