The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :I have exactly the same thoughts, in the future it might be the best if you ignore my posts, thanks for your cooperation.

Wouldn't the best way for me to ignore your posts is to simply not make them at all? That way the NSA can't track you and read your mind!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Wouldn't the best way for me to ignore your posts is to simply not make them at all? That way the NSA can't track you and read your mind!

Dawes leave it for the play ground mate....Its his opinion so let it be...Move on

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Dawes leave it for the play ground mate....Its his opinion so let it be...Move on

Fordie

Except being senselessly paranoid isn't an opinion, it's insanity.

We all get tracked somehow. By using the internet there's inherently a trail created. By even having a job there's a trail of information with employment records and payment. So unless you're actually doing illegal jobs, and being paid in clean unmarked bills, you're being tracked in every facet of life.

The caveat being is that none of us are that interesting for the gathered data to be actually investigated on.

That said, I guess I should expect insanity from cargame considering how bipolar he is towards LFS. He slags it off at every chance he gets, but then proceeds to continue to run servers and be a member of the community.
Nords 0.7.0 :woohoo: runs smoother then 0.5.0, how is this possible? nobody knows, even Snoopy

-fixed white edges of trees
-added slight bumpiness to the whole track. Feedback welcome.
-bumpier carousels
-improved pit area
-texture and mesh fixes
-added skidmarks (still placeholders, a more sophisticated driving line texture planned)
-added more trackside objects
-changed road textures
-rails mesh fixes
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Still doesn't help me, I still can't join my own server.
I keep getting requesting car list timed out.

With this problem can anyone decipher what the problem is with this message that comes up in the server DOS box while I'm trying to enter the track.

No car with address 192.168.0.125:64157 packet ID63.
I used to have that same issue with LFS. I had to join with localhost instead of externally. AC I don't think has that ability yet.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I used to have that same issue with LFS. I had to join with localhost instead of externally. AC I don't think has that ability yet.

I might have to sit on this one until they do a major update to the server.

It's just about done my head in, I've tried that many different settings through my router and firewall.

I even stuffed my network up and had to rebuild everything because I clicked on something in a hope it would work and then I couldn't log back into my router. lol
Quote from Hyperactive : I'll try the vsync on next and I'd be really really surprised if with vsync I get best results....

Don't.. I thought snoopy lost his mind and completely killed the track surface with 0.7.0 cause i felt nothing and i couldn't control the slides at all. Then i realised i played with the settings last night and left the in-game Vsync On. Horrible..
I play with Vsync on believe it or not AC is the only game where I use it
No problems in sliding department
Boris do you drive with virtual steering wheel on?
Yes, wheel is on.. I don't know man, i could be imagining things. Everything looks so smooh with Vsync, no screen tearing and other stuff, but i felt everything is really really delayed when it comes to driving and reactions..
Just limit FPS to like 5 FPS below the used Hz of monitor. Give it a try again, should work.
I keep it at 59fps locked, but it's completely different matter when i lock it with Vsync.
I meant, turn the VSync on with 60hz and limit FPS to 55.
Quote from Kristi :I meant, turn the VSync on with 60hz and limit FPS to 55.

That's what I have and it's fine.

0.7.0 is terrific, the Karrussell seems quite bumpy now, doesn't feel quite right in the 312T, but that's three seconds out of 7 min so I'll forgive that.
well i fixed my laggy shitty nord,by putting shadow to very low,and cube map to low vsync on and frame limit to 54. i dont see any difference in graphics,but now i can complete lap !
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, wheel is on.. I don't know man, i could be imagining things.

No you are not imagining, when the virtual wheel is on you can clearly see the lag, but I you drove with the wheel off your will not see it and you will not notice it
Quote from e2mustang :well i fixed my laggy shitty nord,by putting shadow to very low,and cube map to low vsync on and frame limit to 54. i dont see any difference in graphics,but now i can complete lap !

0.6.2 or 0.7.0?

my settings was >

0.6.2 - sweetFX off (gains ~20fps ) 8x af, 2x aa, shadows very low, hdr on, world detail very high, cubes low, faces 1 - and still stutters at some places

0.7.0 - sweetFX on, 16x af, 2x aa, shadows low, hdr on, world detail ultra, cubes low, feces 2 - and zero stutters, I can even play with medium shadows, but I want some fps headroom for MP
Quote from Kristi :I meant, turn the VSync on with 60hz and limit FPS to 55.

this sounds like really really crazy... really?
That virtual wheel thing, does it lag behind only with vsync or generally?
Quote from kars19 :0.6.2 or 0.7.0?

my settings was >

0.6.2 - sweetFX off (gains ~20fps ) 8x af, 2x aa, shadows very low, hdr on, world detail very high, cubes low, faces 1 - and still stutters at some places

0.7.0 - sweetFX on, 16x af, 2x aa, shadows low, hdr on, world detail ultra, cubes low, feces 2 - and zero stutters, I can even play with medium shadows, but I want some fps headroom for MP

didnt bother in the other versions than 7.0
Absolutely mental this car, wonder if it's really this wierd to drive irl.. doesn't give much feedback, bounces all over the place, still a massive trill on the ring.. dat whine!

Huayra at the Ring
OK playing Dumb here
Can I ask...what is this big thing about the Ring....I am just asking as you are all so excited about it..I just don't get it.

To me....its a track that is over 6mins per lap, with humps and bumps in random places and "don't look at the tree's" I have seen that you cannot have "door to door" racing on it and there must be an update every 2-3days.

Like I said, playing dumb here, but what is all the fuss about

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :Absolutely mental this car, wonder if it's really this wierd to drive irl.. doesn't give much feedback, bounces all over the place, still a massive trill on the ring.. dat whine!

Huayra at the Ring

O' Boris you did this lap with the default tires , next time try this car with the semis, much more enjoyable car will be more softer and less bouncy and laptime will be more realistic, somewhere in Zonda F and Koenigsegg CCX region
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG