The online racing simulator
Anyone having fps stutters with 0.50 version?
Unable to connect server
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone having fps stutters with 0.50 version?

Not stutters but it's really hard on the GPU, my GTX 770 is running at 99% GPU usage in some parts.

Quote from Hyperactive :Unable to connect server

I broke it, works again.
Something is wrong, I just can't seem to join with the freejoin thingy. The server appears to me as a booking server without booking proccess.
Quote from troy :Not stutters but it's really hard on the GPU, my GTX 770 is running at 99% GPU usage in some parts.

I broke it, works again.

i get about 150+ fps on max settings.
I haven't yet tried even half of the cars but the ktm is amazing fun at mugello. The sound of the car makes it a bit difficult to hear the shifting points but it is such amazing fun to drive the car. The last turn in mugello is just amazing with the ktm. Get it just right and the car goes in and out in nice tiny 4 wheel slide.

I'm finally getting my ffb settings work for me. I'm currently using 66% gain, 76% filter and 39% damping. The effects are all 0% because all they seem to do is to shake the wheel. What I have figured out is that too much filter makes the wheel overshoot the return to center after turns but too little and I get those annoying shaking and vibrations of the wheel. Still need to adjust things a little bit as I'd want the ffb to be little stronger and faster without feeling notchy or vibrating. I use fanatec 911 turbo s.
Quote from Kristi :Something is wrong, I just can't seem to join with the freejoin thingy. The server appears to me as a booking server without booking proccess.

Download and install that Kegetys mod again
Guys, I'm try the create a dedicated server and all goes well until I try to enter.

I get requesting car list timed out. After several retries I get sent back to the server list to re-enter.

Any ideas

Thanks
Make sure both ports are opened and routed to your server. I tried with HTTP port at the default but that didn't work. Set the ports to some higher number (think I use 9700 and 8600 (UDP/TCP) now) and it works like a charm.
Quote from atledreier :Make sure both ports are opened and routed to your server. I tried with HTTP port at the default but that didn't work. Set the ports to some higher number (think I use 9700 and 8600 (UDP/TCP) now) and it works like a charm.

I tried your numbers plus a few others and I still get the same message.

I have a feeling it might be in the config as the server connects ok.
Got a long list of cars? There was an issue with the server init string getting too long with many cars in the list, dunno if they fixed that yet. Try with one car, just to be sure.
Quote from atledreier :Got a long list of cars? There was an issue with the server init string getting too long with many cars in the list, dunno if they fixed that yet. Try with one car, just to be sure.

I had 3 clients with one car. I then changed it to two cars still no luck.

When I get sent back to the booking part I can't change cars or cancel the booking.

Thanks for your help atledreier.

Does a static IP play a big part in things?
As long as your ports are directed to the correct IP that shouldn't matter at all.
Quote from atledreier :As long as your ports are directed to the correct IP that shouldn't matter at all.

Thanks again,
When searching google for this problem I found one person having the same problem but it was all in German and I don't think he got a reply as he wasn't quoted further on.
I'm giving up for the night I'll have another go tomorrow.
For teh lulz

Note: this is not a physics bug - it's by (my) design.
Quote from amp88 :For teh lulz

Note: this is not a physics bug - it's by (my) design.

LOL...Think you need the Aero Dymanics pack from the Factory....well that's what they always say in F1

Fordie

Who came up with this idea of MP?

1st online race ever:
Qualy: 2nd - so podium place
Race start, everybody crashes into to me since I was still in the previous race about to start screen.
Result: I won on a combo I never drove on, by 2minutes.
Transported to pits, I magically drove through everybody else sitting in pits, and booted off the server?

Also, booking sucks

It's alpha, but everything about it is wrong....
Attached images
heaven_is_where_the_police_are_british_the_chef_tshirt-rd86d7ed182f848de8e7ca53de6e5e758_va6lr_5.jpg
Pro tip - don't race in random public servers with random people
Quote from kars19 :Pro tip - don't race in random public servers with random people

That's not a pro tip. That's basically not racing online at all.
saw your name trying to join my server, krane
but everyone was just flying around even before anyone could start. worked next "session" though.

sometimes this mp works quite ok already, but often it doesnt.

well, lets hope they improve it big time.
I'm a bit surprised that the general calibre of random competition is very low, perhaps this is the Steam effect, but I have not had a good race in a random host yet. Usually there'll only be one or two within 5 seconds per lap (and I'm not exactly at wr pace myself), and the chances are one of those two won't survive lap one, 75% won't finish the race.

Much better racing in LFS open servers. Hopefully it will be easier when this booking crap gets the boot.
Main reason - servers are not admined. Because there isn't even such option.
Quote from Da Hoe :saw your name trying to join my server, krane

Oh that was yours?

That was the 1st Green Hell server I joined, was seriously sad to find it didn't work, thought it was something wrong with the track period, affecting all servers.... the next one did however work and had awesome race with 'Hensen'

Now where to find my race history, to find out the server Hoe was hosting........ guess not.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG