The online racing simulator
Quote from Mp3 Astra : I did turn into an aeroplane at one point, but I guess that's to be expected.

Epic Starscream quote.

Anyway I tried this last night, never got online. What's the simplest, fastest, easiest method to just get online with anything anywhere (I can't hope to pick which combo I want to drive on, it's not like it's 2014 or anything).
Quote from sinbad :Epic Starscream quote.

Anyway I tried this last night, never got online. What's the simplest, fastest, easiest method to just get online with anything anywhere (I can't hope to pick which combo I want to drive on, it's not like it's 2014 or anything).

Just find a server in booking mode (there's an option to show servers taking bookings), you may have to wait a minute or so but it's the fastest way to get online

Hopefully someone will be able to host a server again soon, we had some good racing last night, I even got a pole
I've got a server with BMW Z4 GT3 and MP4-12C-GT3 at mugello, 24 slots. 5 min booking window, 10 min prac and qual, 7 laps race.

Name: NDR.GT3
Pass: mudkipz

teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com for voice

(I gave it the BMW 1M for my personal use :P)
Is it me ( i guess it will be ) but the brakes on the BMW 1M S3 are crap and there is no where to change them....Is that right?

Fordie
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :tip: Don't put a 100 car grid on a track with 30 pit stalls

I just broke everyones computer XD

I was only going to put a 16 slot to start with, as we still don't know how many packets per car is required ( LFS 1 - AC 0) on that one LOL although I did ask, and got told to install Wireshark

Anybody else have a good answer for that??

Fordie
Okay! Forgot to forward the ports on one of my routers, that's sorted so I can see it now. 5 minute booking window, I'm doing a test loop through it, then at let's say 18:45 UTC I'll restart the server with the 5 minute booking window
Quote from R3DMAN :I get propper bad sound distortion if more than 20 cars are on track.. Anyone else get this?

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Just had a couple of races - surprising how similar to LFS the netcode feels. With that said, certainly needs refinement but it's super impressive how good it is at this stage. I did turn into an aeroplane at one point, but I guess that's to be expected.

Quote from Fordman :I was only going to put a 16 slot to start with, as we still don't know how many packets per car is required ( LFS 1 - AC 0) on that one LOL although I did ask, and got told to install Wireshark

Anybody else have a good answer for that??

Fordie

The CPU overload issue apperas when the server is setup with more clients than the number of pitboxes of that track.

INFO: Most of the tracks, 24 pitboxes. Magione 18. Drift track 5, Drag 2
Don't go over it, and all should be fine .
Quote from luchian :The CPU overload issue apperas when the server is setup with more clients than the number of pitboxes of that track.

INFO: Most of the tracks, 24 pitboxes. Magione 18. Drift track 5, Drag 2
Don't go over it, and all should be fine .

Cheers Lychian as if I would host a drift or drag...not my bag baby LOL

Fordie
Quote from dekojester :Okay! Forgot to forward the ports on one of my routers, that's sorted so I can see it now. 5 minute booking window, I'm doing a test loop through it, then at let's say 18:45 UTC I'll restart the server with the 5 minute booking window

so that's 19:45 GMT.just checking as I am waiting for finally my first race online ....with people I trust ROFL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :so that's 19:45 GMT.just checking as I am waiting for finally my first race online ....with people I trust ROFL

Fordie

Yes, in about 15 minutes from this post - it's on my Win7 Desktop here in americaville, eastern half though - hopefully no ping / connection issues. if it only worked on linux/wine!
booked
yay i am in...stilling in pits but at least i am in after being told 3 times, server is not available...lets see how we go LOL

Fordie
Why can't I move...what am I waiting for...LFS update PMSL

FOrdie
Quote from dekojester :Yes, in about 15 minutes from this post - it's on my Win7 Desktop here in americaville, eastern half though - hopefully no ping / connection issues. if it only worked on linux/wine!

Still sitting in your pits mate while you fly around, nothing is functioning except the ESC key...what am I doing wrong

Fordie
Quote from dekojester :Yes, in about 15 minutes from this post - it's on my Win7 Desktop here in americaville, eastern half though - hopefully no ping / connection issues. if it only worked on linux/wine!

Any chance of resetting since there's only 2 people? :P
My pitlane man is not lifting his board, like your's did, just noticed

Fordie
Quote from de Souza :Any chance of resetting since there's only 2 people? :P

Yes, will restart now - check the list in about a minute
Cheers!
dekojester I sat in your pitlane, and nothing was working. You all took off, and I still sat there not gear shift worked, nothing...I must be doing something wrong, must I ???

I reloaded and waited and joined again...again nothing, no accel, no brake no gear shift, nada.....

Please help somebody !!!

Fordie
That's weird.

E: I don't know if it's the same thing or if anyone has that too, but most of the servers I've been the majority of people are just there standing in the pits and never do anything. It's quite disappointing.

The sessions ending while you're still in the track and could complete the lap is quite annoying. Also, no replay saving ability as of yet, I take it?
Actually had a race at Mugello in the 500. Decent enough netcode.
Shame they can't do the rest of it even half-decent. It's a crap gimmick on top of the worst multiplayer racing game system, pretty much ever.
"Sure I'd much rather sit and watch a clock count down than do any...you know...driving or whatever..... ....... Hey nobody else joined! Good thing I sure do love watching clocks count down! And when I'm through with this pesky race thingy, if I actually do find one, I can do it all over again, because I have to!"
Wow.

And if they were going to restrict multiplayer in its early phase (if that's the excuse for this nonsense) they should have restricted the combinations allowed, the number of participants, not limit it to some random piece of crap lobby system.

Can you tell I dislike it? It will probably be a game that falls into the "not quite worth the effort" pile.
Sound thing happens on single player also.
Fordie, search for "GT3 Race Server" its my server and there is a race every 30 ish mins. Usually a full 15 ppl grid. Its the same server me and triston was racing on earlier, lag free.
There's even an easy way to solve this booking shit; implement a 10 car limit per session for example, and force all players to load those cars upon joining.

Sure it would take longer to get in to a server, but rather that than this fustercluck of a system.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG