The online racing simulator
Quote from R3DMAN :Is anyone else slightly worried about hit detection from the new FB video?

not really. on the huayra video there is a bit of contact after last turn. it seemed to be handeled pretty well. It's still too sensitive (they said) and they'll be tweaking it.
Fingers crossed.
Quote from Flame CZE :Skins by Töki aka Roland: http://banfwd.tk/ And yes he raged at the skin templates.

Are the devs aware of the problem? I don't know how the wireframes for the skins are made by I'd imagine they are done in the 3d program. I'd imagine better wireframes would save some time for the developers as well and it's not too late to fix them.
Quote from Hyperactive :Are the devs aware of the problem? I don't know how the wireframes for the skins are made by I'd imagine they are done in the 3d program. I'd imagine better wireframes would save some time for the developers as well and it's not too late to fix them.

Yeah they know about it, but doesn't seem to care. We have to deal with it and spend some more time on adjusting everything properly.
What are the costs of running a little site like that toki? I could do with something similar for my skins.

Ta.
Quote from R3DMAN :What are the costs of running a little site like that toki? I could do with something similar for my skins.

Ta.

Hosting is ~ £30 a year, WP itself and the theme are free. TK domain is also free. Host has only 500mb storage but I keep everything on dropbox anyway.
I keep all my stuff on mediafire atm.

I might look into it.
or you can go to weebly or wix and let it host for free (if you want an own domain use cloudns.net (also free))
Mallory Park - WIP
As a lover of UK tracks, this WIP is out and I have tried it. Its actually very good. No GFX around the track as yet and there is no pitlane, you start on the grass, but the track is totally driveable. I tested with the E30

Looking forward to this release.

What I like about this as well, is this guy is learning how to model, and has done this from scratch

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... eleased-for-testing.9065/

Fordie

458 GT2
Sex on wheels!!

SLS GT3
Been trying Vsync again and actually quite liking it. Before I was running with it locked to 121 or 124fps, but even with graphics on minimum I couldn't hold this even when I was myself on the track, never mind with AI (and this is with a GTX770 & 5760x1080 res). Turned vsync back on, locked the FPS to 60 (to stop it jumping between 59&61) and it seems much smoother than I've ever seen vsync before, definitely smoother than my frames jumping around from 100 to 120, plus it lets me turn the AA&AF back up and actually get a good image quality. Maybe when MP comes I won't be quick enough with the slight graphical lag, but it's basically a new game for me now, I was sick of AC looking like complete shit yet running terribly at the same time.

Nords is brilliant, very bumpy but unreal in the F40.
Quote from fwj515 :
458 GT2
Sex on wheels!!

SLS GT3

Nothing new. Those have been there since september.
Quote from DeKo :Turned vsync back on, locked the FPS to 60 (to stop it jumping between 59&61) and it seems much smoother than I've ever seen vsync before, definitely smoother than my frames jumping around from 100 to 120

Why not limit it to 100 FPS? I've noticed a big difference in input lag with vsync on at 60 FPS and no vsync, 100 FPS limit. Beyond 100 FPS it didn't seem to bring any massive input lag benefits.

Tearing is pretty horrible though, which is weird because LFS doesn't tear at all at when locked at 100 FPS.
Doesn't that have to do with the multiple buffering system?

Screen tearing differs a lot from game to game. I've noticed. Most games I play don't need vsync actually. For me AC seems to be okay without vsync though.
Matrixi, locking at 100fps makes it far less smooth than locking it at 60 or 120(ish) for me, by an absolute mile. It brings in a serious micro-stutter at all times, feels like when I'm going round a corner the car is stuttering round it, it's not nice at all. I actually have the same problem with iRacing, in the 70 - 110 range it's an absolutely stuttery mess for me, 120-124 is perfect and 60 is passable. There is also the advantage of 60fps vs 100fps which lets me bring some eye candy back in.

I never really had a problem with tearing, that's not one of the reasons I went with vsync to be honest. I also didn't actually notice any increase in input lag either, which goes against everything I've ever heard and experienced with vsync too. This is obviously with all the usual nvidia settings (pre-render=1, max performance, LOD clamp).
I am also using Vsync, I experimented with bunch of different settings and this is the smoothest way for me Yes there is tiny lag, but I only notice it when the virtual steering wheel is on, not a problem for me because I don't use the virtual wheel, so I don't notice the lag, believe it or not

2 smoothest way is capping the frames at the same refresh rate as your monitor (in my case 60fps) It's the same smoothness as with Vsync, but no lag this time.
Biggest drawback is horrible tearing all actors the monitor just above the middle, may be some are okay with that, but I just can't stand it.
What pisses me off so much is that I have to play in nVidia Inspector to get graphics like I should from lurking the in-game settings menu...
I always used v-sync, but I did have weird 'jitter' problems.
Capping FPS to 55 fixed it for me! It's butter-smooth now!

Note: using 3D Vision @110Hz, so 55Hz is half of that.. or 55fps
How come you run it at 110 instead of 120?
Do you find that fixes the minor ghosting issues? (trees against a bright sky etc)
Quote from DeKo :Been trying Vsync again and actually quite liking it. Before I was running with it locked to 121 or 124fps, but even with graphics on minimum I couldn't hold this even when I was myself on the track, never mind with AI (and this is with a GTX770 & 5760x1080 res). Turned vsync back on, locked the FPS to 60 (to stop it jumping between 59&61) and it seems much smoother than I've ever seen vsync before, definitely smoother than my frames jumping around from 100 to 120, plus it lets me turn the AA&AF back up and actually get a good image quality. Maybe when MP comes I won't be quick enough with the slight graphical lag, but it's basically a new game for me now, I was sick of AC looking like complete shit yet running terribly at the same time.

Nords is brilliant, very bumpy but unreal in the F40.

Did you try with your original settings and a frame limit? Using something like 83 (anything that is not a direct multiple of 30 or 60 should not produce screen tearing). Vsync adds steering lag which is just bad.

Here is a image I drew some time ago:

The red bars represent the additional lag the vsync adds. The vertical black lines show when the monitor updates. The red balls show the moment the gpu starts drawing new image. The dotted red line box shows what kind of image the display draws. In the bottom you have three examples that show the age of the different parts of the frame you are seeing at that fps and with a 60hz monitor. The white lateral line shows where the screen tear appears in these examples. In 60fps/60hz the screen tear can be everywhere. When you look at those numbers it is clear that more frames do help with input lag.

In the bottom I've added another example with 83fps on 60Hz. Now 83/60=1,38 which means the screen tear will be in different place on each frame. This makes it a lot harder to see.

Screen tearing happens when the frame is cut at the same spot on your screen when the monitor refreshes. For example if you have 120hz monitor and your machine outputs 60fps. Now 120/60=2 which means you get essentially a tier in the middle. And a very noticaable one. If you have 60Hz monitor and run at 60fps you may or may not get a tear somewhere. On the other hand if you have 60hz monitor and output 120fps.

Basically 60fps/60hz is just really really bad for screen tearing.

Notice how the screen tear is always in different "height" at the bottom 4 "tear" pics.
MP is out \o/
It's out! It's out! It's out!
Yay!
4 real?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG