The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Oh dear. Track surface is ridiculous and it completely kills my framerate.

He's got a shitload of work to do on that track. Think ill just wait for the official laser scanned version.

Yeah I agree Moose, this is what I posted "This is what I am afraid of, unfinished polished content being released way before it is finished....Stuff like this will kill AC. I am up for public mods, but please at least make sure they are drivable and finished before they are released"

I think that is a fair and true statement

Fordie
I think you're judging early mod content a bit too hard there. Give the bloke some time to work out the bugs, and it'll be better. No need to download/use it until then.

Imagine if he hadn't released it, then the thread would be full of "OMG RLS IT ALREADY PLZZ I DUN CARE" -people.
Quote from Matrixi :I think you're judging early mod content a bit too hard there. Give the bloke some time to work out the bugs, and it'll be better. No need to download/use it until then.

Imagine if he hadn't released it, then the thread would be full of "OMG RLS IT ALREADY PLZZ I DUN CARE" -people.

I don't think I was to hard, it was obviously incomplete to a level that was laughable...so why release it, that was my point. Yeah, what he is doing it great but not at this level....Show a preview or someting like that, no release the half done content and expect praise??

Fordie
I'm not interested in the crappy mod-tracks either. I like Dorifto because it feels like someone put some effort into making it drivable enough, and whilst it's very plain, it doesn't look like it's from 1999. I think some tracks are released purely because people want the plaudits, even if it's garbage.
BTW. There comes our hardcore racing multiplayer weekend.
Quote from sinbad :I'm not interested in the crappy mod-tracks either. I like Dorifto because it feels like someone put some effort into making it drivable enough, and whilst it's very plain, it doesn't look like it's from 1999. I think some tracks are released purely because people want the plaudits, even if it's garbage.

Spot on Sinbad, that's what I think as well

Fordie
I had to laugh.. aspec7878 just said he would help the guy making the Nords conversion. This is the guy who has converted loads of peoples tracks with getting permission and all of them are completely half arsed unfinished rubbish.
Quote from Fordman :I don't think I was to hard, it was obviously incomplete to a level that was laughable...so why release it, that was my point. Yeah, what he is doing it great but not at this level....Show a preview or someting like that, no release the half done content and expect praise??

Fordie

The thing is, YOU have the power to not use it in the half-assed state. Other people are free to experiment with it and possibly be motivated to do better conversions than what has been released so far. It's a free mod that doesn't cost a dime after all, nothing lost.

Remember that this is all happening with a hacky Blender exporter, not official tools. It seems like a lot of people are under-estimating how terrible the current exporter/mod tools really are, I can only predict that things will be of higher quality with the release of the official tools and documentation, whenever that happens. I'm amazed that we've even gotten the kind of mods that we have now, all things considered.

Anyway, releasing incomplete stuff for the public is important in my opinion, thats the way bugs and glitches are discovered after all, it works for complete games aswell as mods.

Regarding the Nordschleife, do I think he should have improved it further before first release? Sure. Do I think these quick and dirty conversions are "killing AC"? Nope. AC is still every bit as good as it was before, and crappy mods can be ignored until/if they're improved.
Its the early release of a sim from a small Italian company, with mods made during the last weeks and a hacky converter available for only a few either.

Things will get better, looking at the (still WIP) Corvette DP from the USCC mod team the future looks bright.
There is loads of Mods I am waiting for, and just looking at the "previews" they look really good but they are previews, which was my point. Mods are good very good for AC or any other game really, just as long as they are playable and make you think, "wow this WIP is good" not OMG what on earth is this.

I know I don't have to download the mods, but who wouldn't just to test

Fordie
Quote from cargame.nl :No, you don't read so lets do it one more time;

Do you need bold?

Lets do it with bold;

The thing is... Nothing was ready last week, something was made up to buy more time. Stupid move.

What they were going to release on 25th was not finished, it's early access. Meaning, if they had released it, it wouldn't have been finished, they'd have continued working on it. What they were going to release on Friday just gone was not finished either. All that happened was they spent an extra week, minus one day, working on it and in that time unexpectedly broke something. To say they deceived you would be working on the assumption that you were getting a finished product of a multiplayer, which is idiotic.
Still silent eh..
Early 2009 vs. Next Friday after Bank holidays... What's better.
Its done when it dones, or ready when its ready, herd that before anywhere LOL

Fordie
Quote from Kristi :That was a statement for today and not the following 5 years. Don't be so desperate.

How exactly does that make me desparate? illepall

Considering they're still doing internal beta testing rounds for just feedback rather than specific bug hunting, I'll be surprised if it's released before friday.
removed.
quote removed

I read it, and I think (if mein Deutsch doesn't suck too much) that it means that they are going to release it when it's done (no ETA). it's just that they will not wait till friday to release it if it's done.
That's what I read into it as well. Not that it'll be released before friday, but it'll be released when it's done, they won't wait for a friday to release.
Yeah they posted also on twitter. Release ASAP when it's done, not waiting until friday.
looks much better now.. gunna give it a try
What settings are you guys using for g27? I use these settings, but they feel very strange, not like any car I've driven before:

http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... h-g25-g27-settings.77244/

Very "sharp" vibrations, lots of noise from the wheel, when turning slightly it's almost like it's grinding its gears..

Nordschleife
Finally a decent sim where I can practice on the 'ring before going down there for the sixth time the end of this month
Who'll be the first to make a btg laptimer app?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG