The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't think of a decent Nissan otherwise. I think they're most famous for the driver aids calculator on wheels, but I can't imagine how anyone who enjoys driving even a tiny bit could like that.

Ok, I'll bite. I take it you're specifically talking about the GT-R models here as the GTS Skyline or the Silvia/SX range are as plain RWD's as plain can be.

While I can't talk with experience on the R35 as I haven't driven one, atleast the older the GT-R cars still manage to feel natural even with the 4WD system working its magic when required. It's hard to describe for people who haven't driven them, but most of the time they feel just like a powerful RWD car with tons of grip.

Kovalainen seems to really enjoy driving his R35 aswell, he doesn't seem like a guy who would buy a car that he doesn't like to drive.
Quote from tristancliffe :Oooh... Maybe the Deltawing/ZEOD thing. I can't think of a decent Nissan otherwise. I think they're most famous for the driver aids calculator on wheels, but I can't imagine how anyone who enjoys driving even a tiny bit could like that.

Yes,
GT-R is really good and easy to drive in real life (I drove it on the Silverstone).
But It will be quite boring in AC...
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. That's I can say, folks. We constantly are getting updated with the best cars in the world, as this one, for no charge (well, up to this moment). There is no need to complain about this case. We just need to be thankful to Kunos Simulazioni for doing tremendous job keeping us occupied with many cars and tracks. The quantity is good, especially when it's solid. Win-win scenario.
What I'm looking forward to, is how they're going to simulate the 4WD system. It's a pretty complex thing to simulate accurately, but I guess they're going to be getting information from Nissan to get it right.
Quote from Matrixi :What I'm looking forward to, is how they're going to simulate the 4WD system. It's a pretty complex thing to simulate accurately, but I guess they're going to be getting information from Nissan to get it right.

Its interesting to think about how such a system works. In real life it relies on data coming from wheel speed sensors, g-sensors and so on, but in a game these values can be taken directly from the engine and would be (sort of) too correct for an accurate real life simulation. So they have to build in noise onto these values ... can anybody follow my thoughts?
+1 for both Matrixi and ACCAkut.

@Matrixi
I hope they provide a documnented API for electronic controls in the physics system so car models (offical or 3rd-party) can program whatever active system (engine, drive-line, suspension, steering, active aero) there is. It would make this sim kind of like rFP.

@ACCAkut
Many games/sims are actually feeding the aid subsystems with data like abosulute slip rate, which are hard to acquired in real life, taken directly from the physics engine. LFS is an execption in which the ABS/TC data input only comes from drive-line, so the behavior is realistic and not perfect. I hope AC enforce the same limitaion on all modeled car electronics, which is probabaly more inportant than error modeling.
Why is Spa constantly chaning the curb colors from orange to red? I see that they will be orange in AC.. i generally hate how orange curbs look on tracks..
Quote from JackDaMaster :

'Stole their design'. The ZEOD was designed by the same guy who designed the Deltawing. Fact check before you post shit. Also, the hybrid system would be easy to model if they were given the right information (like I assume McLaren did with the brakesteer system on the 12C). And even so, a basic hybrid system is not hard to figure out.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1889 ... oz-lawsuit-against-Nissan
That was a great read.
120 Y !!!!!!!!

Yay, a real race car............
Quote from MadCat360 :And the R35 has no more or less gizmos than any Ferrari or Lambo... it's all about marketing. The F430 Scud has practically the same smart diff and everything.

R35 has two active LSDs plus one active center coupler, all of which are quite fast and strong, providing 3 DoF across the whole AWD system. I can't think of another road sports car with a drive-line layout offering such control ability to the algorithm. Ferrari FF might be as close as you can get in terms of layout design, but it's still pure RWD most of the time and the cute front can't do much. The EVO has more aggressive control than R35 on the rear thanks to asymmetric AYC couplers, but there's no active front LSD.
Quote from Keling :R35 has two active LSDs plus one active center coupler, all of which are quite fast and strong, providing 3 DoF across the whole AWD system. I can't think of another road sports car with a drive-line layout offering such control ability to the algorithm. Ferrari FF might be as close as you can get in terms of layout design, but it's still pure RWD most of the time and the cute front can't do much. The EVO has more aggressive control than R35 on the rear thanks to asymmetric AYC couplers, but there's no active front LSD.

You missed the point. The Ferrari has the same ability to alter the attitude of the car, and does so (not so subtley, I might add). Why is that a dream to drive but the Nissan is intrusive and lame? People have a huge cognitive dissonance over this. No one seems to think that computer controlled suspension is bad (12c), but torque vectoring to make a very powerful AWD platform less pushy and lame is... lame?

I mean seriously. Imagine if the R35 had a viscous center with Torsens on each end. You'd get on the gas and it would push like a 500hp FWD car. It would be super lame. The vectoring makes it responsive and awesome. But somehow that's interfering.

The new 911 has all wheel steer, and people seem to like that. That system is directly interfering with your steering control by choosing to steer out or steer in depending on what it thinks you want and people don't see it that way. It's amazing.
Overly sorted road/race cars on simulations tend to be a bit lame, I am with Sinbad on that one.

Need some old shit heaps
Adaptive damping is one thing, but in general I think active anything (other than aero?) is a driver aid. And nobody who likes driving wants driver aids, do they? I can see how they might stop grannies from crashing, but I thought driving enthusiasts liked the art of driving.

Sadly I'm wrong. Most enthusiasts like being shit at driving and needing an unintelligent computer to help. That's lame to me.
Quote from tristancliffe :Adaptive damping is one thing, but in general I think active anything (other than aero?) is a driver aid. And nobody who likes driving wants driver aids, do they? I can see how they might stop grannies from crashing, but I thought driving enthusiasts liked the art of driving.

Sadly I'm wrong. Most enthusiasts like being shit at driving and needing an unintelligent computer to help. That's lame to me.

I don't think it's lame at all to race with cars wich have more advanced technique build in. It's still a car and you'll need different tricks and skill to become the fastest.

I once thought the same like you did, until I drove the f1 2006 in LFS. It's a blast to race, just like the FO8.
And it doesn't have traction control, yaw control, ABS, active differentials, active aero... So it passes the test.
Quote from tristancliffe :And it doesn't have traction control, yaw control, ABS, active differentials, active aero... So it passes the test.

f1 has TC
Oh yeah, they did back then didn't they. I tended to turn it off anyway. More fun.
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh yeah, they did back then didn't they. I tended to turn it off anyway. More fun.

that's your opinon. But calling everyone who uses those things bad drivers is total nonsence
I agree with Tristan.

My favourite cars so far are Ferrari 312, F40 and BMW E30, those which doesn't have extra aids. Cars like 12C (not GT3) feels quite boring in sim.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in AC but those cars get tired after release imo.
I agree with him too. And what's more, I only drive cars with H shifter so basically there are less than 10 cars in the game for me.
Just out if interest checked how popular are hotlaping in AC vs LFS with similar GT cars, so many years has gone by and the LFS has so little HL's compared to what AC has got in ~1,5 months.
Attached images
jfjfjpg.jpg
ddddee.jpg
Quote from kars19 :Just out if interest checked how popular are hotlaping in AC vs LFS with similar GT cars, so many years has gone by and the LFS has so little HL's compared to what AC has got in ~1,5 months.

The last time I checked, the XRT isn't really a GT3 car like BMW Z4 GT3 is..
Quote from Iginla :The last time I checked, the XRT isn't really a GT3 car like BMW Z4 GT3 is..

My bad wanted to compere with the XRR
Quote from kars19 :Just out if interest checked how popular are hotlaping in AC vs LFS with similar GT cars, so many years has gone by and the LFS has so little HL's compared to what AC has got in ~1,5 months.

LFS requires the actual effort to upload. AC hotlap apps automatically record any valid lap, so it's not quite a fair comparison. Not to mention AC is single player Hotlap-mode-only at the moment (basically, AI racing only kind of counts), and add to that the way the novelty of that combo wore off for most people years before the charts were last reset. If you had looked at that combo 2 months after S2 was released there would probably have been more entries than there are now.

There are lots of reasons why the AC chart has that many more entries compared with an LFS equivalent.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG