The online racing simulator
that's brutal. Fastest I managed so far was a ~6:30 with the 599XX on the Reverse run. Still crash out on 90% of my tries
Aris on FB:
"As you've probably have guessed by now, tomorrow update of Assetto Corsa will include the first taste of AI. In order to contain the hype and lower expectations, let's focus on the word "taste".

For this first AI update, we won't give you the complete grid AI enabled. There will only be some special events quick races, with some cars on some tracks that will give you a taste as I said of Ai races.
I know that everybody wants the full monty, but I'm also sure that you understand that we need to test the performance of the AI on various systems, check for bugs, improve it and so on. It is far easier for us to do so on some specific scenarios, than having to control the whole Assetto Corsa grid at once.

We're pretty satisfied with how AI is coming along, but we also want to make it better and that's exactly what we're going to do once the update is out. We will collect your impressions and reports and work our asses for the next update to make them even better and offer you as soon as possible the whole AI functionality. I'm pretty confident you're going to like what you will experience tomorrow and I'm sure you will be hungry for more. Tiny bit of patience and we will deliver, you know already that we are listening and working constantly on this.

As a side note, of course you're going to get a couple of new cars and some new upgrades too, plus a complete rework of our tyre model (yikes!)... it's subtle, nothing too drastic, but we think you'll like it even more.

Ok back to work to put the final touches on tomorrows update, thanks for listening"

yes, BMW 1M plus some variations on the e30.(c)Stefano Casillo
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Wow, they really like the E30... It has so many versions already.
Mo E30's, mo problems.
Quote from kars19 :plus a complete rework of our tyre model (yikes!)... it's subtle, nothing too drastic, but we think you'll like it even more.

upcomming ac release announcements:
- scirocco
- rockingham
- update delayed indefinitely
Quote from Shotglass :upcomming ac release announcements:
- scirocco
- rockingham
- update delayed indefinitely

Nono, its Scawen's tyre model ;D
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Wow, they really like the E30... It has so many versions already.

must be V8 swap
much torque
very power
Insert picture *one can not simply rework tyre model*
tyre model update?

give my f. 3D Rift support pronto!
Quote from cargame.nl :tyre model update?

give my f. 3D Rift support pronto!

I'm missing the Chinese and far-east languages more...
"Even in its unfinished state, there's a variety that matches the likes of Gran Turismo"

"It's debatable whether Assetto Corsa's handling model is the equal of Gran Turismo, Forza or iRacing"

Ahh casual racers, they're so cute when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.
Quote from Matrixi :"It's debatable whether Assetto Corsa's handling model is the equal of Gran Turismo, Forza or iRacing"

Ahh casual racers, they're so cute when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.

It's nothing compared to a guy on Racedepartment acting so professional and in the end of his post compared AC sound- and suspension model to Gran Turismo 5, and GT5 ends up as a winner. That left me laughing for... minutes.

Then you watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_QdM_Tx4c8
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :"since release"

they are so fakin dumb

I heard people were already playing it, so they must have released it!

/cpt_obvious
Quote from Matrixi :Ahh casual racers, they're so cute when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.

Don't take it too serious, just think of it as BlueFlame ranting about some other game then LFS and you won't care about it anymore.
Patch is live..
Early Access Update 0.5
posted by 4thworld @ 04:44PM on January 17, 2014
- AI & Race Events
- End Race simulation
- New Race special events
- Session Ranking app fixes
- Driver Names displayer
- Proximity Indicator & damage displayer follow GUI
- Small GUI fixes
- Special events have pre-determinate parameters such as Temperature
- Warning for high CPU occupancy
- Real time position
- Steam Achievement fixes
- fixed suspension animator in replay
- chase camera shake parameters exposed in launcher
- Modifications on tyre model combined forces grip. Tyres more sensitive in combined forces, cars more sensitive under braking and acceleration. Resulting in use of traction control more interesting even on racing cars
- Modifications on tyres heating modeling.
- BMW Z4 35is drift upgrade
- BMW M3 E30 group.A is now the early model with less power and no ABS plus chassis modifications and 5 speed gearbox
- BMW M3 E30 DTM version is now an upgrade to the early model and retains only the 6 speed gearboxes.
- BMW 1M series
- Lotus Evora GTE
- Modifications on Ferrari F40 suspension toe links
- Modifications on Tatuus FA01 aerodynamic drag.
- BMW Z4 35is toe fixes and tyre compound fixes
- Pagani Zonda R ABS levels
- Ferrari 599XX Evo default alignment setup modified to cure oversensitive steering.
AI is obviously too slow on alien setting, but what amazes is that I have no significant fps loss with 12 cars on griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd....! Might go lower when the full grid appears but I thought it would be much worse. Well done Kunos. Because this was really the first time I could test it with 10+ cars and the optimalization looks cool.

Really can't wait for multiplayer races. LFS is GONE forever...

Tyre physics much more alive, back end wants to step out much easier on lower gears, i can feel more bumps on the road.. Totally forgot that every change like this, the hotlap times have to be reset.. Going aprox. 2 seconds slower now with F. Abarth on Imola..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG