The online racing simulator
I thinnk Nordschleife and Brands Hatch are the most awesome of the list
Here is how it stands at the moment:
Attached images
Vote tracks.JPG
What was the point of putting the Nordschleife on that list? Anyway I voted A1-Ring, Portimao and Brands Hatch.
Having trouble staying in my pants when I imagine a laser scanned Nordschleife finally in a sim with proper physics. Oohhohoo...
Voted for Hockenheim , Monaco and of course the Nurbrummmring
Whats the big deal with the Nordschleife anyway? The most overrated track in video game history. I think it's too long to give fun races. For hotlapping, sure, but for racing... meh there are so many more fun tracks to chose from.

IMO!
Its not over rated, its only because its a legendary track that can be used daily! And its well made.
Quote from The Very End :Whats the big deal with the Nordschleife anyway? The most overrated track in video game history. I think it's too long to give fun races. For hotlapping, sure, but for racing... meh there are so many more fun tracks to chose from.

IMO!

Quote from The Very End :Whats the big deal with the Nordschleife anyway? The most overrated track in video game history. I think it's too long to give fun races. For hotlapping, sure, but for racing... meh there are so many more fun tracks to chose from.

IMO!

Agreed.

IMO!

well then put it in the game for that exact reason, hotlapping. Its IMO! the most rewarding track just for running laps on your own, spent hours circling it with hundreds of cars in GT4.

Voted A1 Ring, but only because I expected Nordie to take 1/3 of the votes anyway.
Nurburgring is a fashion statement.
Quote from Karlokarlo :Its not over rated, its only because its a legendary track that can be used daily! And its well made.

Quote from undertaker00 :

Quote from ACCAkut :well then put it in the game for that exact reason, hotlapping. Its IMO! the most rewarding track just for running laps on your own, spent hours circling it with hundreds of cars in GT4.

Voted A1 Ring, but only because I expected Nordie to take 1/3 of the votes anyway.

I agree with you on that, it's probally a great amount of fun for hotlapping. But personally I would rather see a big library of race tracks to do races on first, than hotlapping tracks. But I might be one of the few on that.

Quote from R3DMAN :Nurburgring is a fashion statement.

Why can't you race at the ring? Because it's not airport runway wide? Real life 24 hour endurance racers don't seem to complain too much about it...

TBH, I've had awesome races at the ring in Forzas and Turismos, can't see what the fuss is about, this track must happen.
I have no doubt you can race on the ring, but I think with it's abnormal size it would just end up beeing a lonely race. Unless you have a grid with like 50-60 cars or so.
Quote from Matrixi :Why can't you race at the ring? Because it's not airport runway wide? Real life 24 hour endurance racers don't seem to complain too much about it...

TBH, I've had awesome races at the ring in Forzas and Turismos, can't see what the fuss is about, this track must happen.

It's the fashionable thing to say you cant have good races at the ring. It is of course complete nonsense. Had some great racing there in other sims. You do need two things to make it a successfully event though... talent and patience.

Anyhow, it's romping away in the lead of the poll. I bet all the hipsters that think its cool to call it overrated and rubbish to race at will whip out their credit cards to buy it the moment its released.
LOL I'M A HIPSTER NOW?
I'd love to see the a1 ring. Great vistas and quite a lot of elevation changes.
Nurburgring raceability really comes down to car counts. if we can have big fields of AI and multiplayer cars, then it should be a great track.

But even 30 cars on the 24 hour layout is gonna be pretty sparse.

PS, they just posted a picture of modern Monza on the facebook. Guess that's the track coming on Friday.
Quote from The Very End :I have no doubt you can race on the ring, but I think with it's abnormal size it would just end up beeing a lonely race. Unless you have a grid with like 50-60 cars or so.

I don't agree, the best races I've had at the ring have been with no more than 3-4 players and most often with slow stock cars like AE86. From what I've seen with RF, high player counts often just lead to messy races, as you have people driving who haven't bothered learning the track before racing there, and that's where the ring differs to other tracks. Anyone can race at shorter tracks as they're quick and easy to learn, but the ring requires time and practice before you can race on it without being a hazard to everyone else.

Like Moose said, the track requires patience, if the drivers know their stuff (both driving and track wise) then the racing is also very good.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I'd love to see the a1 ring. Great vistas and quite a lot of elevation changes.

It's a nice flowing track, but nothing special
F1 Onboard - 1997 Michael Schumacher A1-Ring
Voted for the 'mighty ring' No other track in the list even compares. The 'rush' it can make when attacking it with some seriously powerful car (60'-70' CanAm) + bias ply tyres, going uphill full throttle at 'Kesselchen' or taking that blind downhill corner 'Antonius Buche - Tiergarten' @ 300km/h+
...and quite frankly if i never did a race on the Nords in AC i'd still want it there.

If you only have 20-30 mins to get your fix of sim driving in for the day i can think of no better way of spending it than a few laps of the ring.
Quote from The Very End :LOL I'M A HIPSTER NOW?

Master every single corner of the green hell in a sim and the go an do some laps in real life. Then tell me again that it is overrated

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG