The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
The GTR race is effing bs and is rigged. It and the cone challenge are my only 2 non golds. Stupid gtr ai keeps ramming me off course so I get an off course or car collision.
M4 to GT6 coming this Thursday they say

Been noticing a lot of mini updates getting downloaded
Wonder why they won't let you customize the GT6 anniversary cars. At least wheels and aero kits. My standard alpine looks cooler because of the molded wing and removed bumper lights!
This comes as no surprise to me, but sales of GT6 are 5 times worse in the first few days, than with GT5. Aside from the lack of innovation, launching it along with the next-gen consoles was probably not good idea as well.
People get bored of things and that's no one's fault.

Who is innovating in the SIM space? iRacing?
Quote from Blade3562 :Give me more cone challenges screw these silly races

And goodwood is by far the best

Update: so Gran Turismo thinks the mark 1 gt40 is the worst handling car ever created even though it destroyed Le Mans. My maxed performance Cuda AAR handles better than a stock gt40.

This game makes no sense!

Update 2 even the bloody AI struggle to control the car. Such a dissapointment

A car form the 60s you would think has no chance against a car with modern parts in it., regardless of what class it raced in.
Quote from Mustafur :A car form the 60s you would think has no chance against a car with modern parts in it., regardless of what class it raced in.

In the classic muscle challenge... only time I've used it.
Lol so I better stay on GT5?
I have gotten gold on everything except the goodwood red bull. This is total bs. If you even coke within 5 feet of a wall it says you hit it. Then bam dq. This mission can burn in hell lol.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :It's actually really bad. I work in an Electronics store and overall nationwide we've sold something like 6 units. One of those was me

Digital downloads might be a factor, that wasn't an option GT5
Quote from CoolColJ :Digital downloads might be a factor, that wasn't an option GT5

With psn prices? I doubt it. Only a minority would be so keen/lazy that they would pay such a premium.

I received my pre order on Saturday. Played for about 45 mins that evening and haven't touched it since. If you can't make your mind up, don't bother. If you are obsessed by gt then you might like it, some things are a bit better than 5, but I've never been so underwhelmed by a Gran Turismo game. I never liked 4 all that much but still it felt quality, this doesn't. All these promises that the hardware can't really deliver, and no real thought put into what anyone but photo mode kids want.
Quote from sinbad :With psn prices? I doubt it. Only a minority would be so keen/lazy that they would pay such a premium.

It depends where you live I suppose. For me, PSN is the same cost as a physical copy, with the added benefit of no physical copy and being ready to play the morning of release. I know from others from IRC have said that buying physical games is about 10€ cheaper than PSN.
In the UK new releases on PSN are basically between £49.99 and the frankly ridiculous £59.99. The gt6 pre-orders ranged from £32-35, the most anyone would pay in a high-street shop is £45.
GT5 is £49.99. I paid £32.

Maybe it's just in the UK, but they really do not make it appealing. They clearly pay no attention to the prices the shops are selling for. I remember when Driver came out and it tanked a bit, within a few weeks it was under £20 in the shops, whilst on the PSN store it was still £59.99. Talk about your profit margin.

To my mind digital downloads should be right at the bottom of the pricing scale.
Caved in and bought it.

First Impressions: drives better than GT5, and I notice that the cars behave quite a lot less erratically under braking than in GT5.

And I found the goodwood festival of speed rediculously easy on all three cars. It's almost impossible not to get gold when you manage to get through the course without ramming any bariers.
lol standard car........
Quote from Blade3562 :I have gotten gold on everything except the goodwood red bull. This is total bs. If you even coke within 5 feet of a wall it says you hit it. Then bam dq. This mission can burn in hell lol.

I got round twice in 50 or so attempts. The only reason I kept at it was the exhaust note.
Honestly, whoever thought that knocking over cones, especially in the moon, is fun deserves a proper kick in the balls...
Quote from LineR32 :I got round twice in 50 or so attempts. The only reason I kept at it was the exhaust note.

Got it after two and a half hours. You have to turn your controller steering sensitivity up to 7. I only got a 31.331 without that. Then I put it in automatic mode.
Quote from JJ72 :lol standard car........

Had it in GT5, yeah it looks like crap but it's an awesome racer
Quote from DejaVu :Had it in GT5, yeah it looks like crap but it's an awesome racer

Whole your on that track make sure to get the hidden gem achievement
Yeah. I preferred to use the cockpit view, but in GT6, they render the windscreen from inside too, so especially in the the standard cars, the view's way to dark to drive properly on anything but well lit tracks. So I too use the bumper cam.

And here are some photo mode pictures. Also, I tried to take comparable Standard Car pictures in GT6 and 5 to take a look at the improvements, and they are better than expected, allthough thanks to the restrictive photo mode on standard cars in GT5, they're harder to make out than in game. I noticed mesh updates (3D grille vs. flat texture, exhaust pipe), Bump maps (door creases) and overall sharper textures.
Attached images
Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit.jpg
Goodwood Hillclimb.jpg
GT5_1.jpg
GT6_1.jpg
GT5_2.jpg
GT6_2.jpg
GT5_3.jpg
GT6_3.jpg
GT5_4.jpg
GT6_4.jpg
And the M4 is now out. Didn't have to pay real $ for it, and it's a winnable car so don't have to pay CR for it either.
BRZ with semi-racing exhaust sounds pretty good for a GT game...

Interesting that PD recorded different sounds for the BRZ, Scion FR-S and FT86 even if they use the same engine. Wonder if that translates to the sports/semi-racing and racing exhausts as well

You expect the BRZ, FT86 and Scion FR-S to sound and behave closer to the real things, since PD spend so much time with them and measuring them on track
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Had my first drive around Mt Panorama in the AU. Laptimes pretty similar to what they are for me in rFactor/iRacing, although GT is a lot more forgiving so it only took a few laps to get up to speed. They really seem to have this track nailed IMO. Really wish we had newer/more detailed Supercars though.

Well all the newer tracks are laser scanned for sure

Quote :PD scans tracks for a long time, they just do not brag to much about it.

They scan the surface and they have a specially equipped car that captures surface data for suspension engine as well, on top of other video-equimpment that records the driving on some track with 8 cameras in the same time.

pic of one of their scanning devices

Bought the Monaro - stuck a wing to make it look like the 24 hour racer, time for some Bathurst
Sounds a little better than in GT5, top end of the rev range is where it goes bad, same for the 22B - you get that Boxer throb with the exhaust upgrades, but lose it in the upper revs...
I wish we could drive around in photo mode. So much detail. Have played in 2 days. I bought my 2000gt and drive to play the game was over. No other premium cars I fancy.

I really hope mid ohio will come. Closest world famous car track near me. (Nelson Ledges is better known for bikes, but is the most fun track I've done)

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG