The online racing simulator
All sorts of things! Sometimes you want to be very progressive off the brakes to keep the front end tucked in, other times you need to come of the brakes quite quickly to help rotate the car (induced oversteer, basically).

By coming off the brakes and allowing the front to work (less lateral load transfer, and less tyre saturation), then the back can't always 'keep up', which results in a pointy car (or a loose rear end).

Need to try this update though, especially since the throttle map change. Haven't had a decent chance to sit down and go through the new cars/tracks. Damn it!
Quote from R3DMAN :youtube link

basically you could shave another .2 off by not shaking the steering wheel left and right on the exit of corners.

You could also shave some time being earlier on the throttle by then having less steering angle on the end of the corners.

It looks to me like you was trying to drive the car like a FWD...

MUUUUUCH to much steering angle on the exit of corners / Turning in to corners too early, and very late on the power.

I think you should work on getting some more confidence in the car and try to push your limits a bit, try fx for one lap to go on the throttle earlier to see where that leads you.

Basically it's the same story for every corner, a bit too much steering angle, and a bit too late on throttle..

(Having not played the game i stamp my post invalid, thus, it would be something I'd say if i had watched that onboard lap in real life).
ive managed to drop the time down to a 1'54.656 now.. that was with completely messing up Piratella i can save at least .2 there now.

i cant say i've put this much time into a lap for years. lol
Quote from R3DMAN :when you lift off brakes the front end is unloads does it not?

weight shifting forwards over the front wheels helping turn in taking the weight off the rear which in turn makes the rear step out, lifting off the brakes makes the weight return rearwards putting weight back over the rear wheels.. why would that cause the rears to break traction?

I can't talk about car physics as I am clueless to be honest, but cars yaw and do all sorts of weird things, especially through the first braking zone at imola. So where the weight is being shifted isn't black and white.

I load the front end as I turn in, the car is then yawing and we have small direction change. So lifting of the brake isn't a pure front to back affair... etc...

My point being all sorts of weird things go on and all I know is AC correlates pretty well with my real world experience.
Native mouse steering support confirmed in next major update.

Quote :We saw a lot of requests from AC fans for mouse steering so we implemented it and it will be available in next major update.
I opened this thread just to be clear on the subject and avoid new threads.
--4thworld

Just got update 0.3.2!?! Where can I see the changelog?
in the game

Early Access 0.3.2
- Fixed lingering launcher process under certain exiting conditions
- More descriptive launcher startup problem descriptions when setting up user folders
- Added a check for restoring fullscreen launcher windows on triple screen setups on session end
I find it weird how on the parts of the Silverstone circuit that aren't the new layout and AC version looks real and the iRacing one doesn't.
Quote from e2mustang :yeehaaw.. other 40 pounds out the window

It's not like people aren't playing with 360 pads already- it won't change much and I'm quite sure you'll be able to keep them out of a multiplayer race if for some reason it's necessary. In LFS I had some great races with mouse players. It's not a control method I would even consider for a racing game of any kind, but I don't think it's such a bad thing that they're doing it.
Quote from sinbad : I'm quite sure you'll be able to keep them out of a multiplayer race if for some reason it's necessary..

Why would you want to keep them out?
I use G27 for racing but why would you not have this?
How exactly do people manage such little travel for steering in sims?
Quote from Keling :How exactly do people manage such little travel for steering in sims?

Drift.
You totally misunderstood the post of e2mustang though. He was waiting for mouse support so it's more of a shut up and take my 40 bucks style of throwing.
Quote from kars19 :Why would you want to keep them out?

I wouldn't, but I see now I did misinterpret e2mustang's post, I thought he meant that his money was now wasted.
i hope they just flat out copy the way mouse works in lfs
Wouldn't you rather LFS copy everyone else so you could still play LFS?

You have too many posts.
I suspect he probably doesn't have enough posts actually. He generally represents the voice of reason which is now limited on this forum.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I suspect he probably doesn't have enough posts actually. He generally represents the voice of reason which is now limited on this forum.

I dunno if you can even trust shot anymore. He's going to regularly be using a Macbook Pro.
Quote from Shotglass :i hope they just flat out copy the way mouse works in lfs

Nope.

I hope they go for raw input. Linear response and completely independent sensitivity are both needed in LFS or AC.
Quote from CheerioDM :Wouldn't you rather LFS copy everyone else so you could still play LFS?

You have too many posts.

"I really liked a burger I bought at fast food joint A. So I requested fast food joint A changed their burgers to be like other fast food joints."
Quote from Shotglass :what do you mean? lfs already has completely linear response if you set the steering linearity setting accordingly

But many people do prefer acceleration for GUI navigation. With raw input you can have accelerated response for cursor and linear response for steering at the same time.

Reading raw input also means steering travel is not limited to cursor travel, like it is in LFS now.
The d1 spec m3 is a blast. Forget the drifting, although that's fun too. Stick the semi slick tyres on, tame the setup a little so it's not quite so pointy, and go for lap times. Brilliant.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG