The online racing simulator
To see how they compare, mainly to just f**k about and do shit you wouldn't in your own car
Real life doesn't have an endless free supply of fresh tires or fuel. Real life doesn't allow you to travel around the worlds racetracks in seconds without paying yourself sick for ferries and flights. Real life doesn't allow you to change your cars setup by clicking your mouse buttons a few times. Real life doesn't allow you to trash your car around without a single worry of your safety or what happens to your car.

Seriously BF, we all know your stupidity is beyond human measures, but atleast try to think for once.
Well, the E30 M3 is an iconical car to say the least. The Silvia... not so much. Most japanese car enthousiasts (especially drifters) would love to see this car in the game but the chances it will be a likely zero. It doesn't bring anything special compared to the other cars in the game. And they're not that great in stock form...

A GT86 would have a greater chance to be in the game then the Silvia, but would not really be a addition to the game for me. Don't get me wrong, I've driven the car for quiet a time and love the handling etc... But I find it too slow on track.

And it's also pretty cool that they stuck an E46 M3 engine into the E30, would be my choice in real life too! (or use my M3 engine)
Quote from BlueFlame :Again, all you want to see is a GT86 which you own in reality. Why would you wanna waste all your free time spent not driving your GT86 driving one in a sim? :S

Quote from Scrabby :Well, the E30 M3 is an iconical car to say the least. The Silvia... not so much. Most japanese car enthousiasts (especially drifters) would love to see this car in the game but the chances it will be a likely zero. It doesn't bring anything special compared to the other cars in the game. And they're not that great in stock form...

A GT86 would have a greater chance to be in the game then the Silvia, but would not really be a addition to the game for me. Don't get me wrong, I've driven the car for quiet a time and love the handling etc... But I find it too slow on track.

And it's also pretty cool that they stuck an E46 M3 engine into the E30, would be my choice in real life too! (or use my M3 engine)

this
Quote from BlueFlame :Who wants a simulator based on average road cars? You can just step outside for that.

Quote from Scrabby :
A GT86 would have a greater chance to be in the game then the Silvia

Actually nope, as Toyota didn't qualify in to the second round of voting while Nissan did. Sadly it'll never get more votes than that GT-R race car.

I'm also going to get a lot of flak for this, but while E30 M3 may be iconic, it's also a shit car when it comes to technical design. While BMW gave it a different floor plate and chassis compared to standard E30's, they still stuck with the catastrophically bad suspension geometry that all E30's share. If given the choice between stock E30 M3 and a S13-S15 Silvia in AC, I'd take the Datsun ANY day.
Quote from Scrabby :Well, the E30 M3 is an iconical car to say the least. The Silvia... not so much. Most japanese car enthousiasts (especially drifters) would love to see this car in the game but the chances it will be a likely zero. It doesn't bring anything special compared to the other cars in the game. And they're not that great in stock form...

Imagine what they could do with the GT86 platform...

Fredrik Aasbø put a NASCAR engine in his monster, and many drifters have a Supra engine in it. There's also a supercharger kit and loads of TRD parts that could easily come as an upgrade package.
Hmm yes, that's true! Does remind me of Forza 5 now though. Being able to put many other engines in many other cars.
Well, that's what the drifter crowd does, innit?

For racing I think the supercharged TRD 86 would be awesome!

Coilovers, bigger brakes, a tiny bit of downforce and bigger wheels/tires along with 260whp and a little more torque would make for an excellent racer.
Speaking for myself:

Slow road cars are boring for hotlapping.
Computer assisted road cars (MP4-12C, any Skyline) are boring full stop, in reality or simulated.
Cars that are difficult to drive are most fun for hotlapping.

With multiplayer (which, for me, is AI, as I don't have much interest in racing random people of dubious intent) then the whole thing changes, and it's less about "the car" and more about "the race". So the slowest cars in the world often provide FAR better racing than anything quick or difficult. UF1000 racing can be tremendous fun on the right circuit.

Hopefully when multiplayer is added, there will be sufficient interest and sufficient options to enable me to play against people I know with a similar mindset - I don't want to play against people that aren't as serious as me, or are too willing to utilise any unrealistic advantage (e.g. LFS's old ride height aero glitch), because that's not fun for me. The best online racing, since LFS S1 and the early S2 days, was in nKP when it came out, because only the nerds were playing it.
Quote from BlueFlame :Who wants a simulator based on average road cars? You can just step outside for that.

Holy shit, you really are braindead aren't you? Millions of people have bought GT and Forza over the years, so yeah, lots of people want to drive road cars. Plus you can't just step outside and drive a Ferrari F40 or a Pagani Huayra. ****, even if you do own these cars you can't track them at any time you want - you have to wait for a date, pay the fee, make the trip, share the track, wait for your run group in most circumstances... if you just wanna hop in a brilliant sim with a desirable car, what the hell is wrong with that? And what's wrong with wanting to run a flag to flag race with road cars? They are fun to race, fun to throw around, and offer something different from the on-rails handling offered by most race cars.

And I don't see anything wrong with wanting our own cars in the game. I want my RX-8 in the game quite badly. Almost half my miles in GT5 were spent driving the RX-8, and that will probably be the case again with GT6. We bought our cars because we like them in one form or another and it's understandable that we would like those characteristics in a simulator too.
Quote from MadCat360 :Holy shit, you really are braindead aren't you? Millions of people have bought GT and Forza over the years, so yeah, lots of people want to drive road cars. Plus you can't just step outside and drive a Ferrari F40 or a Pagani Huayra. ****, even if you do own these cars you can't track them at any time you want - you have to wait for a date, pay the fee, make the trip, share the track, wait for your run group in most circumstances... if you just wanna hop in a brilliant sim with a desirable car, what the hell is wrong with that? And what's wrong with wanting to run a flag to flag race with road cars? They are fun to race, fun to throw around, and offer something different from the on-rails handling offered by most race cars.

And I don't see anything wrong with wanting our own cars in the game. I want my RX-8 in the game quite badly. Almost half my miles in GT5 were spent driving the RX-8, and that will probably be the case again with GT6. We bought our cars because we like them in one form or another and it's understandable that we would like those characteristics in a simulator too.

Since when was a Ferrari F40 or a Pagani Huyara an AVERAGE road car?

There's nothing WRONG with a different opinion. I'm just saying I don't understand WHY someone would want something that they can quite easily go outside and get instead. Which is an obvious hyperbole as costs permit for real life driving.
Heh Tristan, I've found it to be completely opposite regarding street cars and hotlapping.

The E92 GT racer and the Formula are propably the worst cars for me in AC when hotlapping because they're so easy and drama free, then again they also punish you the most for small mistakes. Street cars have their own floppiness and a wider margin for error when tickling the limit of their chassis' that gives me an epic adrenaline rush, both in real life and sims.
Quote from BlueFlame :...I'm just saying I don't understand WHY someone would want something that they can quite easily go outside and get instead..

It's been explained at least twice above, and since you spend 99% of your life on this forum I wonder why you are still asking the same question.
I find that since g force is non existent, sim cars with softer suspension and less grip are typically more entertaining. Power can be fun, but equally rewarding in a sim can be a slow car which demands real technique and precision to maintain momentum, and I'd rather have to deal with soft rolly suspension than 10mph faster cornering speeds too. It's not that I don't like race cars, I just don't see the necessity, or any real advantage over a road car. Lap times are irrelevant, as is what is affordable in the real world. Xfgti was as fun and rewarding (at least until locked diff became the norm) as any gtr class car. Most people don't look at a car roster in a game and think, "what's the cheapest car here that I can't afford?".
Anyway, I'd love some historic race cars in ac, but I am not crazy about modern gt3 cars at all.
no way am i voting a silvia DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Quote from NitroNitrous :It's been explained at least twice above, and since you spend 99% of your life on this forum I wonder why you are still asking the same question.

Well if I have it's a rhetorical one. I know alot of you agree with me here : on road car vs race car but you're just a pack of arseholes that just clique together to attack my views because you're too closed minded to form your own.
Would rather eat my own cum then waste my vote on a shitty Nissan Silvia in AC. Lets get some olds crazy race cars in instead.
little update just been downloaded.

Early Access 0.3.1
- Fixed McLaren MP4-12C toe settings and values on setup screen
- Centered cockpit on McLaren MP4-12C
- Fixed McLaren MP4-12C RPM dial range of motion
- Fixed setup values errors in the Lotus 2-11
- Modifications on Abarth 500 front headlights
- Tweaked wind noise for open cars
- Throttle map modifications for all cars
- Corrected Lotus Exige Roadster Semiautomatic gearbox ratios
- More UI content translated in Russian
- Removed redundant messages from log to improve performances
Quote from tristancliffe :Speaking for myself:

Slow road cars are boring for hotlapping.
Computer assisted road cars (MP4-12C, any Skyline) are boring full stop, in reality or simulated.
Cars that are difficult to drive are most fun for hotlapping.

With multiplayer (which, for me, is AI, as I don't have much interest in racing random people of dubious intent) then the whole thing changes, and it's less about "the car" and more about "the race". So the slowest cars in the world often provide FAR better racing than anything quick or difficult. UF1000 racing can be tremendous fun on the right circuit.

Hopefully when multiplayer is added, there will be sufficient interest and sufficient options to enable me to play against people I know with a similar mindset - I don't want to play against people that aren't as serious as me, or are too willing to utilise any unrealistic advantage (e.g. LFS's old ride height aero glitch), because that's not fun for me. The best online racing, since LFS S1 and the early S2 days, was in nKP when it came out, because only the nerds were playing it.

Exactly.

Except I do still enjoy hot-lapping the road cars.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well if I have it's a rhetorical one. I know alot of you agree with me here : on road car vs race car but you're just a pack of arseholes that just clique together to attack my views because you're too closed minded to form your own.

Are you for real? Or are you just sitting behind your monitor conjuring up the most undiluted, distilled & concentrated literary feces you're capable of; and cackling like a hyper-moron every time you hit "Submit Reply"?
Quote from BlueFlame :Well if I have it's a rhetorical one. I know alot of you agree with me here : on road car vs race car but you're just a pack of arseholes that just clique together to attack my views because you're too closed minded to form your own.

as much as it pains me.. i agree with you about the silvia.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hopefully when multiplayer is added, there will be sufficient interest and sufficient options to enable me to play against people I know with a similar mindset - I don't want to play against people that aren't as serious as me, or are too willing to utilise any unrealistic advantage

Dont worry fella. Once MP is up and running our team will have a server or two up and running for sure. I've no doubt we can make it invite only for the serious LFS guys and iRacers.

I sure as hell wont be stepping into public server land. Clean, quality racing with serious racers is what it's all about.

And on another subject.....

Today's update was awesome. The throttle mapping change in itself was the single best update since release. The response of the 458 now is magic.. far more like it should be. You actually need throttle control now.
I agree with Moose. The Steam access doesn't do much good for the Public racing community, I reckon. Whereas in LFS and iRacing, nearly only the "hardcore" part of the playerbase was staying in the game, therefore it was possible to actually have fun doing public races, in rFactor which was less challenging and attracting a less-skilled playerbase (on average), it was nearly impossible to do a proper public race.

This will be especially true with the race cars, I think. Road cars might have a few nice races on public, because they are not as difficult to handle, also more forgiving on mistakes. But we'll see how this Steam attention affects the Multiplayer.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG