The online racing simulator
And am I the only one struggling driving fast with the Ferrari 458?
For example: First turn at Imola, approaching at high speed, braking and suddenly the rear end steps out and it's gone...
Part of that is the tyres, but yes, the car is very unstable under braking if you are still turning slightly. I found the street tyres overheat very very quickly (half a lap of smooth but quick driving = 106 degrees), so the car is very oversteery. Changing to slicks seems to make very little difference to lap time, but they are very difficult to overheat, and so the car maintains a better balance for longer.

Suspect there is a bug with the street tyres - too much 'grip' causing overheating with the other parameters of the model, or just low a number in the 'rate of heating' box.
Are they slicks on the 458 or semislicks?
You can choose between normal tyres and semi-slicks.
Quote from Scrabby :And am I the only one struggling driving fast with the Ferrari 458?
For example: First turn at Imola, approaching at high speed, braking and suddenly the rear end steps out and it's gone...

Creepy cause I mostly suffer from understeer issues. It handles a lot like a badly set up FZR in my opinion. Understeers at entry and midcorner, and oversteers on the exit. Good thing I was a big fan of that kind of handling, at least used to it.
Yeah, it's quiet a challenge and rewarding when you get the hang of it. E92 M3 is now my favorite car, trying to keep improving. Will have a go at the 458 tonight. Hope online racing becomes available soon, would be cool to race with fellow LFS'ers! (and have a decent private server)
Aight, so to my defence - I am a retard, deal with it!
But - when trying to drive the GTR BMW car (or whatever it is called), I just... I just feel like I can't see shit! The cockpit veiw is so, well windshield is so small that I canot make out what's going on around me even with moving the head etc.
Others with same experiences?

For now I am doing the panzer / hood (what you call that) cam.
Quote from The Very End :Aight, so to my defence - I am a retard, deal with it!
But - when trying to drive the GTR BMW car (or whatever it is called), I just... I just feel like I can't see shit! The cockpit veiw is so, well windshield is so small that I canot make out what's going on around me even with moving the head etc.
Others with same experiences?

For now I am doing the panzer / hood (what you call that) cam.

You can you dev apps and chage fov/ seat position in game

For the drifters here an example of a good drift in Assetto corsa

Assetto Corsa - BMW e30 Drift

It really shows off the quality of the physics and has the best FFB of all the cars so far.

I just sat down and played with the setup, doing 12 lap stints, tweaking a bit,another stint. Ended up running 120 laps I gained time every stint, the car just keeps giving you more and more as you learn its handling, which is sublime.

I think this has to be one of the finest sim cars ever made.

The other lovely thing about driving for a few hours is the dynamic lighting. Starting at 8.00AM when its quite dark and just driving as it turned to full daylight really added to the immersion factor.

The more time you put into it, the more it keeps giving.

/fanboy mode
I wouldn't call it fanboyism
It's just really good allready and gives so much more what iRacing etc is missing: Road cars.
@ TVE: Dont' think you'll see much more in real life either.
Quote from The Moose :I just keep coming back to the X-Bow.

It really shows off the quality of the physics and has the best FFB of all the cars so far.

I just sat down and played with the setup, doing 12 lap stints, tweaking a bit,another stint. Ended up running 120 laps I gained time every stint, the car just keeps giving you more and more as you learn its handling, which is sublime.

The other lovely thing about driving for a few hours is the dynamic lighting. Starting at 8.00AM when its quite dark and just driving as it turned to full daylight really added to the immersion factor.

/fanboy mode

Whats your KTM pb at Magione?
Quote from BlueFlame :Whats your KTM pb at Magione?

Not driven it there yet. I'm addicted to Imola at the moment (and i don't think I'm particularly fast tbh, still think there is lot to get out of the car.)
Quote from The Moose :I just keep coming back to the X-Bow.

/fanboy mode

You aren't the only one

lfs/iracing /rfactor2 fan boys friends of mine since they tested / buyed assetto corsa don't wanna do anything , and yee even alone you can do a lot of laps without wanting to go out
Stop it people, still not ready for screwing down the steering wheel..
Quote from The Moose :Not driven it there yet. I'm addicted to Imola at the moment (and i don't think I'm particularly fast tbh, still think there is lot to get out of the car.)

KTM at Magione is epic.. let me know what time you get if you do laps there.
Quote from BlueFlame :KTM at Magione is epic.. let me know what time you get if you do laps there.

Give me something to aim for.. what times are you doing ?
can someone with good looking graphics and properly set ffb pls copy&paste his/her settings? can't set it up properly, something's always disturbing me.
Quote from The Moose :7th lap Got to be loads more in it.

I actually meant 1.20.4 but nevertheless welldone. It wasn't a particularly quick lap, it was just clean. Did you make any changes to the setup? I was running default fuel etc.
Quote from BlueFlame : Did you make any changes to the setup? I was running default fuel etc.

Higher rear pressures +2 clicks, lowered front ride height, - 2 clicks all round on rebound dampers. 23l fuel
Allrighty! How the hell does people do 1.11 laps with the standard setup on 458 + Silverstone? The lowest I got is 1.13.2xx. I might be able to do a high 1.12, but getting to 1.11 seems insane
Quote from The Moose :Higher rear pressures +2 clicks, lowered front ride height, - 2 clicks all round on rebound dampers. 23l fuel

Went a touch quicker with those settings.

There are always fckers who can go 2 seconds faster then you

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG