The online racing simulator
Forced to use 900' degrees, can't do mad slides like in LFS, can't custom in car camera, can't hide virtual wheel, there is more... just first impression on the bright side, physics feels better then iRacing's
edit: clutch simulation is poor compared to LFS, u can't roll from standstill using just a clutch on a flat ground, + e30m3 with 200hp bogs down when doing donuts in 1'st gear :lol
Quote from kars19 :Forced to use 900' degrees, can't do mad slides like in LFS, can't custom in car camera, can't hide virtual wheel

You can't hide the wheel but can hide driver arms and fix the wheel but you're not forced to 900 degrees and I don't suppose you'd be able to do mad slides when an E30 only has 240~ hp and weighs about 1500kg [off the top of my head].

I mean you can slide, but not really drift and in road cars this is quite normal behavior really when they're generally leant more towards an open diff setup. Think about it this way, you're more liable to spin out in a stock M3 than you are to hold a 'mad slide'. There's too much weight and not enough power.

I guess all you can do is tweak the settings, max front splitter and harden the rear tyre and anti roll to hell and see if you can what you want out of teh car then.
Actually it's only 1200kg so to be honest it should be able to hold some kind of slide. I couldn't even get any oversteer in that thing. So definitely something wrong there in the game engine but I still wouldn't go so far as to say you can do a 'mad slide' in a stock E30 though.
I can do mad slides in XRG with 140hp, tyres in normal temp. just by unsetteling the balance of the car, even when using 'realistic' road car setup, with soft suspension, zero ARB in the back, open diff, or soft (25%) clutch type

e30 with 193hp, ~1100-1200kg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWaQZ9rhqrg
I can easily replicate this in LFS (twaek), not so sure about AC
****! Of course it gets released when I am on a weekend drunk trip to Goteborg ; Give oppinions and videos I can masturbate to!
I hope to download tonight and have a play. Depends how quickly my download completes, as my home broadband cannot be described as quick. Will let my PC take a break from hard drive recovery (my 200 hour scan was due to finish 2 hours ago, so hopefully can boot into Windows and start downloading)

First stop, for me, the Tatuus. And seeing if the AiM datalogging works too.
- Still no native mouse steering, had to use PPJoy & GlovePIE, and tweak a configuration file.
- The car data page is broken, scroll bar moves, but nothing happens.
- Turned lock view to horizon off immediately.
- I have an i5-3200m and a 630m GT, all graphics options at minimum at a resolution of 1280x720. On the rare occasion FPS drops to 58 for a second or two, but most of the time it's very stable between 60 and 85, and "feels" smoother than in the tech demo.
- The Abarth is a pig, E30 is nice, new M3 is okay, M3 GT2 = rails, Z4 understeeeeeer, 458 is mental without traction control, 49 through the forests of old Monza is scary, Formula Abarth is quite nice, Exige and Elise SC are okay.
- The X-Bow is by far, far, far and far and away the easiest and most comfortable car to push hard with, it's.. amazing :')
- The forced off-track penalty can be removed by editing race.ini
Quote :[LAP_INVALIDATOR]
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4

Quote from kars19 :I can do mad slides in XRG with 140hp, tyres in normal temp. just by unsetteling the balance of the car, even when using 'realistic' road car setup, with soft suspension, zero ARB in the back, open diff, or soft (25%) clutch type

e30 with 193hp, ~1100-1200kg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWaQZ9rhqrg
I can easily replicate this in LFS (twaek), not so sure about AC

That vid you posted is a 6cylinder motor, the one in AC is only 4 cylinder
I'm loving it, I think it feels absolutely brilliant and 100x better than iRacing even this early. The KTM & the E92M3 are my favourites so far.

Performance isn't great, but it does look good. I've turned it down quite a lot, but I asked Kunos about frame limiting and he said Vsync will give the best experience. I'm usually extremely wary of vsync, but it seems to work great in AC, no lag and smooth as butter graphics.
e92m3 flappy paddles only
Loving it so far, tech demo ran terrible on my gtx 295 but a new gtx770 solved that issue

Love watching the replays Hoping this can expand successfully for the future and that the modding doesn't turn it all crazy
Feels good, but LFS force feedback still remains unmatched.

Atleast AC drifts feel somewhat natural, until hitting high angles.
Attached images
2013-11-08_00016.jpg
2013-11-08_00018.jpg
2013-11-08_00043.jpg
2013-11-08_00047.jpg
how is working for you with multiple input devices? Couldn't get the tech demo to work with my DFGT/Sidewinder based setup, and neither got a reply after the "we will look into it" post, nor could I work it out myself
Assetto top seller on steam!

time to troll the iRacing forum
Totally neglected it got released on my birthday! It's gotta be a sign of some sort..
OMG.....it's happening!
Attached images
AC.JPG
You guys are seriously kidding me here. Just having a convo on FB about this.

You are spending £30 for a early release demo, with no multiplayer, no AI and only 4 tracks, just to get a taster, and then when the full version comes out, you only get 20% discount off the FULL price on the game.

I thought IRacing was a rip off, this is insane

Fordie
You can buy a spanking new 2013 model 56K modem for half of that price!
Quote from Fordman :Fordie

Quote :Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.”

Pls.
Quote from Fordman :You guys are seriously kidding me here. Just having a convo on FB about this.

You are spending £30 for a early release demo, with no multiplayer, no AI and only 4 tracks, just to get a taster, and then when the full version comes out, you only get 20% discount off the FULL price on the game.

Fordie

Well you don't buy it twice.
Quote from Fordman :You guys are seriously kidding me here. Just having a convo on FB about this.

Fordie

Someone is drunk.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG