The online racing simulator
Quote from IsaacPrice :Pretty conflicting reports about that. I heard the G sensors were fitted incorrectly, then other people are saying he has gone back there for further checks etc. Not really sure what the exact situation is, seems like he is just a bit sore rather than any real doubt over being in the next race.

Either that or they faked his injuries so they didn't get penalized for the pass off the track on Sutil or whoever it was.
Quote from Rappa Z :Are PDVSA free to go from Williams though? Last I saw they were committed for another two years, which means they will probably have to fork over some cash if they want to leave too.

they are working on settling the contract but Williams want to hang on to their dough.
Quote from BlueFlame :Either that or they faked his injuries so they didn't get penalized for the pass off the track on Sutil or whoever it was.

That makes a lot more sense.

Just hope Williams can get their act together next year.
Quote from TexasLTU :He suffered 28G in that episode with Vergne (jumping over the curbs) at 270 kph, so it was mandatory to have a look in medical centre.

When I saw alonso going over the kerbs I was kinda wondering if that did hurt. Hitting those kerbs with the bottom of the car can very easily cause compression fractures to your back. Definitely smart move to check it at least imho for alonso.
At a lower speed and on a bigger kerb, I compressed a vertebrae in my back in June. Hurt like hell - could barely breathe for 2 laps - but managed to limp to the finish in 4th before the medics lifted me out of the car. Can well imagine Alonso is having some discomfort after this one.
Quote from tristancliffe :At a lower speed and on a bigger kerb, I compressed a vertebrae in my back in June. Hurt like hell - could barely breathe for 2 laps - but managed to limp to the finish in 4th before the medics lifted me out of the car. Can well imagine Alonso is having some discomfort after this one.

Yep. Richie Stanaway broke his back a season or two ago from running over a curb. Doesn't tend to look as painful or damaging as it usually is.
Dennis had a similar incident which resulted in this :

That's because Dennis is just that bad ass
Dennis did a wheelie and then banged a thousand models and dawesdust
u left out the man word after the sentence
What you did there I see
Reports say Hulk has a possibility at Force India. If he returns there I could see him as a top 5 in driver champ. Not a bad alternative. Worst case scenario is staying with Sauber and hope Sitrokin bring's in the dough.

Hoepfully he gets the Lotus gig, but McLaren apparently is getting ready to give Perez the boot. This could be an opportunity for Hulk but he must keep in mind Magnussen is looking to take that seat one day if not next year. Apparantly Magnussen is linked with Marrussia...

Massa is angling for Williams. I hope Maldonado is forced to settle for Sauber at the best. The guy is a freaking looney.
Hulk is going to Lotus, the deal with quantum has been done now we are just waiting for Lotus to confirm.
I'm personally not too sure. Maybe he's already signed up with McLaren?

Who knows. I doubt it and we will probably see him at Lotus.
It was widely documented by most news outlets that if the Quantum deal worked out Hulkenburg would get the drive, if not PDVSA would buy the 35%. Lotus was Nico, Quantum want Nico, it's very difficult to see Nico not being at Lotus next season.
I agree, but who knows.
Räikkönen going to a back surgery, since he can't sleep without strong painkillers. Surgery is on next week and requires 4 weeks of rest. That means his season is over.

Source: MTV
Quote :Fernando Alonso and his Ferrari team will not know until Monday whether he will be able to race in the US Grand Prix at Austin next weekend.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport’s Pino Allievi, were Alonso to fail his medical check, Ferrari would draft in Jules Bianchi, who races with Marussia but is part of the Ferrari young driver programme.

Source:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/ ... aikkonen-tries-2014-seat/
Quote from Stig209 :Räikkönen going to a back surgery, since he can't sleep without strong painkillers. Surgery is on next week and requires 4 weeks of rest. That means his season is over.

Source: MTV

Or....it's an operation to get his 'back'pay which is missing after Lotus 'back'peddled on the contract.

Source: Twitter joke
Hehe that was first thing that crossed my mind when I read that piece of news
I guess his back would be perfectly fine in Lotus would've paid him money.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG