The online racing simulator

No I do not have a wife or girlfriend.
Do you wear those at the same time?

Scythe HDD stabilizer... too bad the threads were machined wrong on one rubber bit and it snapped when I tried to force a screw in hoping it would catch on the correct threads. Time to RMA.
Out of interest: in what kind of situation would you need that?
In a sound-proof room in a complete silece, so you wouldn't hear the hdd vibrating(you can still hear it spinning most likely).
I currently have my HDD "mounted" (sitting freely on rubber feet) on the bottom of my case as I've removed all the 3.5" bays for more airflow. The stabilizer would allow me to fit the HDD to one of the 5.25" bays properly with rubber damping. As I don't have a single optical drive anymore, that would atleast make some use of the 5.25" mounts.
I'd be interested to know if you find it any good.

I have something similar from Sharkoon because HDD noise was driving my crazy. It also meant I could empty the HDD cage (more airflow) and move them up into the 5.25" bays for neatness.

Rubbish example:

I did have it fitted using just three rubber dampers for a while and it did certainly remove the humming noise, however seeking could still be heard slightly. What I'm thinking about doing, is getting a 1TB 2.5" laptop HDD, put it in a 2.5"->3.5" sound damping enclosure and fit the enclosure to the Scythe dampers and in to the 5.25" bay.

For the best sound damping, this is the right way, however it can't be done in most modern cases with quick release optical bays. It's also ghetto as hell and the elastic does wear out and need to be replaced after some time.

Quote from Matrixi :I did have it fitted using just three rubber dampers for a while and it did certainly remove the humming noise, however seeking could still be heard slightly. What I'm thinking about doing, is getting a 1TB 2.5" laptop HDD, put it in a 2.5"->3.5" sound damping enclosure and fit the enclosure to the Scythe dampers and in to the 5.25" bay.

For the best sound damping, this is the right way, however it can't be done in most modern cases with quick release optical bays. It's also ghetto as hell and the elastic does wear out and need to be replaced after some time.

I considered this back when I had a fair few HDD's in my PC - http://www.silentpcreview.com/tichepc-hdd-vib-killer

Nearly pulled the plug but it was £40+ and a long wait at the time.

People are still using HDDs?
Are SSD's affordable in 4TB shape?

Last time I checked they weren't.
Even 1TB SSDs (which I consider minimum for misc storage) are ~600€, not to mention filling an SSD with photos and videos is just a massive waste.

2TB standard HDD for 95€ instead? Yeah.
I use Samsung 840 pro 256gb as main/os and 1.5tb WD black and 640gb 4wd blue has storage. I wish i had 512gb ssd so i could put all my steam games on there :/
Came in a package of Air Heads bars.
Attached images
WP_20131004_005.jpg
More silent PC upgrades, semi-passive Seasonic 660W.

Wouldn't these be cheaper for making your PC silent?

Maybe. I think I'd rather use my Sennheisers though.

Also, time for another RMA. This Seasonic has coil whine from hell, yippee.
nearly all seasonics do
the only ones that apparently have had it fixed (thanks to silentpcreview) are their latest line up of fanless psus
Will try one more of these, if that has equally bad coil whine I'll change brand to something else. No idea what.

How bloody hard can it be to make a quiet and well built PSU anyway? Old Corsair had a noisy fan, this has noisy coils/transformers.
So let's post here something finally

New toy to school Asus X550CA-XX423H

Oh,another Asus user,mine has proper Windows though...
few purchases

comes with bmw dealer software to coderead and program modules

oxygen free for powa for my headphones(which is still the best on planet sony xb500)

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG