The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from JazzOn :The only one that is over reacting is you. You're ona forum of people that appreciate good physics. If the drving in a game, that always was about driving, is not of interest for you, then fine. Nobody was out to destroy your little perfect world.

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to understand what you wrote. Still, thanks for making my statement true.
While I also loved the driving physics in IV, but guys, what the actual hell is wrong with you? We all played this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... e=player_detailpage#t=42
And we all loved the game.

As far as I can tell, the car handling in V is a lot more varied when it comes to vehicle types. Sports cars going over curbs WILL look stupid in any physical scenario, in real life the suspension would just collapse on any sports car when you're going over a ~15cm curb. (doing any significant speed) SUV's on the other hand seem to have very little change from IV, it's just the sports cars that look weird. Also take into account that it's still the same game engine at heart, but roughly 4 times more assets and graphical bling has to run on it, so the poly count has to be lower, so the curbs have less bevelling, the roads don't have as much polygons as in IV etc. It will look and feel different, no matter what you do, even if you keep the driving physics exactly the same.

And lastly, the rigging in IV was actually quite horrible, wheels were glitching horrendously when you were stationary, (or moving slowly) this time it looks as if they're actually solved that by making physics a little less sensitive.

Anyway, I'm no way canceling my preorder over this, for god's sake, GTA used to have the most stupid driving physics ever, IV was just a fluke, an accident, if you will.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :words

The roads in GTAIV were much, much more rough than the roads in GTAV as well. Gave that feel of dem shit new york roads yo, therefore all the cars in GTAIV were about as softly sprung as a ****in pile of cotton wool

It'll be fine guys don't worry no need to be rustled
One thing I've actually thought about is, what if there's actually difficulty settings this time? I can't remember any GTA game ever having it, but it's just a thought.
The physics don't look very good but I hope that it won't be too much of a factor to ruin the feel of the whole game

Gameplay stream in Estonian
The cars in GTA V with blown tires, in the rain, on sand, have more grip than most sport cars in GTA in the dry on a nice piece of tarmac.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Gameplay stream in Estonian

Why on earth does he has an overlay with him on it? Why would want to see that?
Quote from Bose321 :Why on earth does he has an overlay with him on it? Why would want to see that?

Beats me

The city looks awesome during the night
There's also a special ability that let's you drive in slowmotion to steer faster or something in case you even can't handle the kart physics of GTA V.

http://i.imgur.com/4BZxnGK.gif
Quote from Bose321 :There's also a special ability that let's you drive in slowmotion to steer faster or something in case you even can't handle the kart physics of GTA V.

http://i.imgur.com/4BZxnGK.gif

That's only with Franklin. Trevor can do 2x damage while taking 2x damage at the same time. And Michael is essentially Max Payne (bullet time).
Quote from Taavi(EST) :While I also loved the driving physics in IV, but guys, what the actual hell is wrong with you? We all played this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... e=player_detailpage#t=42
And we all loved the game.

As far as I can tell, the car handling in V is a lot more varied when it comes to vehicle types. Sports cars going over curbs WILL look stupid in any physical scenario, in real life the suspension would just collapse on any sports car when you're going over a ~15cm curb

No, i didn't liked it xD
What Vice City made so great, was the setting, music and teh references. The driving wasn't that fun.

However, from what i understand and seeing videos, the issue isn't the suspension, but cars just wont break loose taking soem of the fun away from driving. Not just sportscars, but ordinary stationwagons drive like on rails.

Less wobbling is something i very much welcome.

Quote from nathan246 :I'm sorry, I'm just trying to understand what you wrote. Still, thanks for making my statement true.

What more are you trying to understand? Your statement, which really is more whining because soemone said something negative about your precious, wasn't, and still isn't, true.
Well it could be worse, We'll have to live with it. It very much depends on the car. Every car I've driven so far felt different. Some super cars were very grippy, but Feltzer (known from IV) for example, was getting alot of oversteer at sharp corners and wasn't quite easy to controll. Patriot (the Hummer H3 lookalike) fellt almost like in GTA IV but with a bit more grip and stiffer susspension, I could lose grip quite easly, it was okayish.

It might be not that bad after you get over the fact that IV physics are no more. It's still way better than Saints Row's drive model for example. I think the bouncy susspension is what I will miss the most from IV.

What's good - framerate seems to be better compared to IV and at the same time it looks alot better in most aspects.
I need it.
kinda looks like GTA IV just with a new map
May we forget the dricing physics for a second and look at another very important aspect of a good GTA game: leaked soundtrack track listing (incomplete)

looks/sounds quite good for me. only a classical station is missing so far
Quote from ACCAkut :only a classical station is missing so far

yeah...theres nothing better than mowing down a group of peds while listening to mozart
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :yeah...theres nothing better than mowing down a group of peds while listening to mozart

Well it would be my first choice, if the option is available.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :kinda looks like GTA IV just with a new map

Oh no it doesn't. Sometimes the view is breathtaking. Yesterday when I was drivng from Blaine Country into Los Santos, my jaw droped. All these trafic lights and afterglow above the city, the view was unreal. Or when I was driving through Blaine Country and looked at the sunset, my god. The sun hiding behind a mountain and a bit of fog above the lake, the view was umbeliveble. I wish I could take a photo, but I'd have to login to XBL. Selfies are hilarious.

Lighting engine in this game is a masterpiece. It's hard to believe that this is running on a 8 year old console and it runs smoother than IV. Some sacrifices have been made, for example explosions, fire and some other effects look worse than in IV, but I'm ok with that as long as it helps to keep the framerate stable.

People look waaaaaay better compared to IV and animations/euphoria have been greatly improved.

I kinda start to like the new drive model. I wish they went more into realism rather than arcade, but oh well.

Game is pretty epic so I have to go now.

One more thing - sound track and engine sounds - awesome.
Damn you Amynue, you make me so jelly....

When the game comes out on consoles, I must resist buying it, I wont play GTA on console, have to wait for PC relase
u dont have to wait for pc release,u have to wait for torrent link to the leaked version
lululululuullu, pc version hasn't been announced, so yeah, I doubt I will see a torrent version some time soon.
- Dunno when PC version will come
- My GPU won't run it anyway
- Can't wait to play it

So GTA V will become my second PS3 game ever

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG