The online racing simulator
"I'm sorry - the fingers you have used to type are too fat. If you require a special dialling wand, please mash the keyboard with your palm now."

This GT lineup...
Quote from tristancliffe :I bought my PC in 2007, and it's only an i7 (dual?) Shuttle, and it's fine with the tech demo.

also...first i7 was released at the end of the 2008.

edit* wich was the reason why i got my q9400 pretty cheap in 2009.
Might have been 2008 then. Quite a long time ago. Then I spent most of my money on racing for real, not worrying about shadow quality in computer games.
Only an i7
I'm fine with how the tech demo runs, maybe they'll optimize it some more but i have around 90-100 fps alone on the track with pretty high settings on my quad-core Phenom, 4gb ram and 6870..
I've only got a lil' dual core g860 3.00ghz and 1GB hd7770 but it does well enough for 60fps looking really beautiful, or 100fps with eye candies turned off, at 1080p. It doesn't like the dust much though, big fps killer.
Yeah, my computer won't even render the simulation
so how would it run on my I3 3ghz with 8gb ram and intel HD GFX
Quote from Fordman :so how would it run on my I3 3ghz with 8gb ram and intel HD GFX

i3 3220, 8GB RAM, HD7770, runs fine on medium gfx. I get around 60-70 fps. Steering lag was an issue though, I had to tweak some cfg to make it better.
Quote from tristancliffe :Might have been 2008 then. Quite a long time ago. Then I spent most of my money on racing for real, not worrying about shadow quality in computer games.

probably 2009, since as I remember i7 costed more than a fortune right after the launch (here at least). Would have been pretty stupid thing to buy within one month after the launch on moneywise...
I know, I am fun at parties.
In that case there is a good chance it is t even an i7! I thought I built it in 2007, and I thought it was an iX, but at least one part of my memory is wrong. Anyway, whatever it is (and the whole system was less than £600 at the time), it can cope with Assetto Corsa 6 years later...
Well you can see what it is by right clicking your My Computer lol
I haven't turned it on in weeks! Usually only gets turned on to play netkar or LFS (offline), to try the latest CARS build (haven't done that in months though) or similar. Occasionally it gets used lots, like when I got Crysis 2 or Oblivion, but I'm mostly laptop based these days with spreadsheets and datalogging software! This was posted on my phone...
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :http://www.virtualr.net/assett ... order-to-start-this-month

Cool.

With my Phenom 965, 4GB RAM and shitty GT630 I have playable fps at low-medium settings (averaging at 45). I could upgrade the GT630 to a 7750 but no more because the PSU does not provide auxiliary PCI power.

Is it safe to assume that the final version will be technically the same with the TP? I can live with my current performance, but don't want it to become worse.
It's reasonable to assume it'll be more optimized than the TP.
But at the same time it will probably have more going on under the hood, which even when more optimised means lower performance. Could be better, could be the same, could be slower.
That's true.

Stefano said on twitter the other day that working with DX11 was weird because after making dramatic efficiency improvements codewise there was almost no measurable difference in performance.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That's true.

Stefano said on twitter the other day that working with DX11 was weird because after making dramatic efficiency improvements codewise there was almost no measurable difference in performance.

That's especially interesting because there's a discussion on the rF2 bestowing the virtues of migrating to DX11 for the increased performance it would bring, rather than the graphical prettiness.
Quote from MAGGOT :That's especially interesting because there's a discussion on the rF2 bestowing the virtues of migrating to DX11 for the increased performance it would bring, rather than the graphical prettiness.

I think the context was within dx11 though not moving from 9/10 to 11.
thanks.. I'd just put on clean pants too.
Bloody hell.
This, with proper physics = win

imagine this car + ring + this corner >

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG