The online racing simulator
I don't know wtf are you saying, the cockpit is amazing but they really overdid the exposure, the roll bars are like neon lights. Don't know if the image editing guy played too much in photoshop or it will be like that in the game.
What i need to see is a classic printscreen of the drivers view, not these 'photomode' images.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't know wtf are you saying, the cockpit is amazing but they really overdid the exposure, the roll bars are like neon lights. Don't know if the image editing guy played too much in photoshop or it will be like that in the game.
What i need to see is a classic printscreen of the drivers view, not these 'photomode' images.

maybe they were painted white and sun is reflecting them?
You're right, it would indeed look something like this on the bright sunlight..
Quote from Keling :It's not about the buttons. The model is terrible. The mesh density is extremely uneven and in some parts it's slightly better than Quake. Ironically most of those Quake-like areas are perfectly round and very easy to sculpture. This is (supposedly) a DX11 title shown off in 2013 by a pretty experienced dev team. What's happening?

I'd sincerely like it if you could point out the flaws in the model, as I can't see them.
Quote from atledreier :I'd sincerely like it if you could point out the flaws in the model, as I can't see them.

Are you kidding? Are you really complaining about those? Go have a look at the RB4 cockpit and come back. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you...

Damn some people are looking for errors every ****ing where...
Well you've circled some areas.

One or two are a bit polygony, but what did you expect? A million polygon models? Wasting processor time for some tesselation in the cockpit to make it look smooth? I'd rather have a more detailed tyre model...

But most of the circles areas are just circled areas. The top of the steering wheel? The buttons? They look fine! You've even circled shadows. What's wrong with shadows??? That's what shadows look like in racing car chassis.
Yes, not enough polygons... I bet he would be the first one crying a river about not having enough FPS. AC is quite hardware hungry already.
Can't believe some people lol
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
-
(Bose321) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
-
-
(Bose321) DELETED by dekojester : OT / spam / useless
So AC has been delayed, any info until how long? Not that it matters.
Quote from Matrixi :
On topic: So AC has been delayed, any info until how long? Not that it matters.

Can't be worse than LFS
-
This is gettin' ridiculous, guys Anyways, yeah - that ferrari cockpit is just awesome even up for this moment. There is no need to cry for a more flawless stuff. And yeah, more extra polygons won't make a life easier for your pc machine.
Off topic: LOL!
On topic: Looks good.
Off topic: Deko is mad
Joke: GT6 looks better.

On topic: Can't wait to play this on an other track with a more powerful car.
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
ANYHOW! Seriously, it looks mint, really great looking stuff.
Wonder how it is going to flow with 20 other cars on tracks
Quote from The Very End :ANYHOW! Seriously, it looks mint, really great looking stuff.
Wonder how it is going to flow with 20 other cars on tracks

It's gonna be a pain in the ass for pc machine.
Quote from seniecka :It's gonna be a pain in the ass for pc machine.

Not if you have a PC machine within specs released in the last 5 to 6 years; which is not unreasonable. AC does not have to run on outdated hardware to be successful.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Not if you have a PC machine within specs released in the last 5 to 6 years; which is not unreasonable. AC does not have to run on outdated hardware to be successful.

How do you know?
Quote from JazzOn :How do you know?

Because we've tried the tech preview and it's surprisingly smooth even for my 4 years old laptop. Will be harder with more cars, sure, but graphic engines are not stupid and only render with that quality the part you're looking at.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Because we've tried the tech preview and it's surprisingly smooth even for my 4 years old laptop. Will be harder with more cars, sure, but graphic engines are not stupid and only render with that quality the part you're looking at.

And if you get rid of useless (for me) performance suckers like motion blur, step down with the details a bit and don't crank AA and AF to the max, it should be running smooth and still look stunning.

And on top of that: It's a proper simulator, so it will be fun even if it doesn't look that amazing. I mean, we're in the LFS Forum, so complaining about the graphics of AC is a bit weird
Quote from NitroNitrous :Because we've tried the tech preview and it's surprisingly smooth even for my 4 years old laptop. Will be harder with more cars, sure, but graphic engines are not stupid and only render with that quality the part you're looking at.

Depends on what you call smooth then. A full grid on 60frames seems very unlikely on a 5-6 year old machine. And since no-one has seen any indication of it yet, you can't say taht as it is fact. Plus, they will be doing night races at a later point, which will eat a chunk as well.
Assetto Ferza :|

That was with one car though. It will be interesting to see if they can manage it with a full grid.
Quote from Crashgate3 :That was with one car though. It will be interesting to see if they can manage it with a full grid.

Yes, I think my budget, but new, system is going to be the lower limit in reality, and that's optimistic. TBH I don't think it looks all that good even with everything turned up, but you're not getting any of the wow factor like in these images if you turn down the settings.

Imho if you're hoping for great visuals and smooth framerates with no input lag (so 50fps minimum if the TP is a gauge, and why they can't sort that completely I have no idea, fingers crossed) in full grids of cars kicking up smoke and dust, you'll need a high spec machine from this year, not last year and never mind 3 or 4 years ago.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG