The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Had a chance to test it, so good.. only problem i have with it is catching slides, seems impossible cause the wheel becomes so slugish and like there's no turning back after it, have no idea if it's something in the settings, 900 degrees in cp and in game.. Barely hitting 1:26..

Its called realism. It's softer than a race car so you get a pendulum effect in the suspension giving you a major tank slappah.
Quote from Keling :Isn't that Lotus super understeery?

It is, but sometimes on the downshifts and upshifts the back end surprises me, didn't used to that, probably cause i'm not blipping the throttle, don't know if you guys with two pedal wheels have blip throttle enabled?

Btw, isn't the real Elise kinda the opposite, very oversteery?
Quote from Boris Lozac :It is, but sometimes on the downshifts and upshifts the back end surprises me, didn't used to that, probably cause i'm not blipping the throttle, don't know if you guys with two pedal wheels have blip throttle enabled?

News flash, you can still throttle blip with only 2 pedals......
Quote from Boris Lozac :It is, but sometimes on the downshifts and upshifts the back end surprises me, didn't used to that, probably cause i'm not blipping the throttle, don't know if you guys with two pedal wheels have blip throttle enabled?

Btw, isn't the real Elise kinda the opposite, very oversteery?

have you ever drove the xrr?
Quote from BlueFlame :News flash, you can still throttle blip with only 2 pedals......

I know.. but kinda feels wierd, in LFS i had it turned on in the options, and i assume many of you did so i'm not used to doing it manually.. would feel much better with G25/27..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I know.. but kinda feels wierd, in LFS i had it turned on in the options, and i assume many of you did so i'm not used to doing it manually.. would feel much better with G25/27..

I think that that option is no longer available in LFS
Quote from chanoman315 :I think that that option is no longer available in LFS

Yes last time it was on version X
I don't like 900 degrees in general with sims though I'm trying to persevere with AC. I think it just multiplies those delays to the point where you notice them more easily.
How does everyone else find the FFB?
I'm not sold on it. I have a slight dead spot in the middle that I can't get rid of, and there's a vague lightness at the limit of front tyre grip that I'm not sure about either. Reminds me a bit of GTR. That significant loss of straightening force when the front tyres start to slip just slightly.

Also, crazy that Scawen removed auto-blip but added ABS to a bunch of cars (that crept in under my radar and I really don't like that he did) and left in button-clutch!
I'm not completely sold on it too, though it may be just the Elise problem, we always compare things with LFS, which isn't that much of a benchmark anymore, i mean every car feels like a go cart.. that's not real either. I do enjoy this 'numbness' here cause it's a road going car and even though it's twice as hard on 900 degrees i'm really feeling like on a track day..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Btw, isn't the real Elise kinda the opposite, very oversteery?

Nope, it was developed to be more understeery for the general public, but it's very easy to induce oversteer for the more skilled driver. Seems AC got it spot on.

I'm completely sold on the FFB. Very much like nKPro so far. Sure it will be even better in the formula cars. Make sure it's not clipping as that really kills the detail.
Quote from The Moose :Make sure it's not clipping as that really kills the detail.

How do you avoid that, my settings in CP are like i always drove LFS, center spring ticked but set to "0" and all other stuff, FF at 105%, in game it's 75%.. What else should you pay attention to?
Sorry if this is asked a lot, but any ETA on the demo? I don't have much time to spend on the internet nowadays..
No news yet. Everything says it will get released later.
Quote from sinbad :That significant loss of straightening force when the front tyres start to slip just slightly.

Yeah I don't like this either. I've certainly never experienced it in real life.
Nice.
Looks nice, sounds.....

Didn;t realise the Lotus had automatic gear box, didn't last time I drove one
Quote from Fordman :Looks nice, sounds.....

Didn;t realise the Lotus had automatic gear box, didn't last time I drove one

Driving on girls mode I presume?

Put it on pro.
Quote from The Moose :Driving on girls mode I presume?

Put it on pro.

:ices_rofl Naa can;t be, Boris is a PRO driver
Quote from The Moose :Driving on girls mode I presume?

Put it on pro.

You mean hardcore mode. Oh wait, that's BF3.

I wouldn't mind driving on girls. I don't see what's wrong about that.
Quote from Bose321 :You mean hardcore mode. Oh wait, that's BF3.

I wouldn't mind driving on girls. I don't see what's wrong about that.

So you are driving like a girl then..Oh your secrets out
Quote from Fordman ::ices_rofl Naa can;t be, Boris is a PRO driver

That's not automatic gearbox

This is curently my best shot, if it weren't for these couple of mistakes and slides it could've been low 23, maybe 22.9xx..

Lowered the saturation and green a bit, looks more real, hope we'll have that as sliders in the final game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWU2hpJLLs
Just as i was watching some Huayra videos these days and drooling all over, AC tease it's release on Facebook today, fck yes.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG