Quote from tristancliffe :But the positons aren't mirrored. 1st is still left and forwards (mostly), whether it's LHD or RHD? I think it would be much harder if the gear positions were mirrored, but as they aren't it's as easy as walking either side of a lamppost - you just don't think about it.

I've always had trouble walking to the right of a lamppost.

Quote from BlueFlame :But I completely agree with your opinion of people whining about LHD cars. They need to shut up because it's really not an issue. There's only 1 issue with LHD cars and that's motorway merging but if the car is a saloon or hatchback you have enough windows that actually you can see more with a LHD car than you can with a RHD when merging.

The only thing for me would be getting used to the different view. At least, it affects me in games. Never driven a RHD car in real life so I couldn't say, but when I tried RHD cockpit in LFS.. Ooof...
In real life, you do have to actively think about which side of your lane you're driving on, but not for very long. A mile perhaps.

In a sim you are lacking some inputs, so it is a bit harder. I struggle in LHD cars on a computer, but am quite happy to drive anything in reality. You do get used to it if forced to though, but most of time (in LFS) we just stick with our own preference so never get used to the 'other way'.
Quote from tristancliffe :In real life, you do have to actively think about which side of your lane you're driving on, but not for very long. A mile perhaps.

In a sim you are lacking some inputs, so it is a bit harder. I struggle in LHD cars on a computer, but am quite happy to drive anything in reality. You do get used to it if forced to though, but most of time (in LFS) we just stick with our own preference so never get used to the 'other way'.

Yup. Having that A-pillar close to the right side of my face feels so awkward, but I'd get used to it quick if I had to.
I drive LHD if I can choose to because LHD is teh most common format.
I'm more ****ed up.

After years of LFS as RHD (because I was too lazy once to swap it).. I can't play racing sims in LHD. I drive an LHD car every day in real life.. but in a sim.. I need RHD.

Stupid LFS
Quote from BlueFlame : There's only 1 issue with LHD cars and that's motorway merging but if the car is a saloon or hatchback you have enough windows that actually you can see more with a LHD car than you can with a RHD when merging.

Overtaking on A or B roads is a much bigger issue. Not done it LHD, but RHD on the continent is a nightmare if you're stuck behind a lorry or somesuch.
I can drive both in any Sim, but in RL I can't drive LHD
I actually practiced driving/parking RHD in LFS before getting my first real life RHD cars, and it did actually help quite a bit. Now I can easily change between LHD and RHD be it in sims or real life, after clocking enough mileage and experience with them both. I don't think just driving them in sims is enough to get confident though, but sims and real life combined is a great help.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Overtaking on A or B roads is a much bigger issue. Not done it LHD, but RHD on the continent is a nightmare if you're stuck behind a lorry or somesuch.

Better to drive with a passenger in these situations. Or just not overtake.
Quote from BlueFlame :Better to drive with a passenger in these situations. Or just not overtake.

No way, really? Don't overtake when you can't see what's coming?

I usually just go for it and hope for the best.
Quote from sinbad :No way, really? Don't overtake when you can't see what's coming?

I usually just go for it and hope for the best.

Me too.
Me three.
Me four.
Me five. Obviously. Why would you look?
What's there to see? Leave that to the oncoming. No big deal.
I think it's appropriate to say YOLO.
This has already gone too far offtopic.
#swag
The End Of Time Some play the game, you can reach many conclusions about what the final product will bring to users.* The Level Graph there are many fine details such as leftovers reflexes in all respects Very well worked* The level of physical, are very well achieved the car transmits a lot for the driver in all situations* The force fedback is one of the strengths despite some adjustments need seems very accurate
Google translate, is that you old friend?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Google translate, is that you old friend?

Yes it is :P i had the text in Portuguese and i was to lazy to translate it manually
New build 0.9.9!

The new build addresses the framerate spikes problems, corrects some issues with control devices and has several other fixes and improvements.

CHANGELOG 0.9.9

Ingame
Fixed high spike % due to incorrect thread synchronization
Fixed car remaining on gas when returning to pits
New system to avoid redundant calls to DirectInput (thanks Fredric!)

User Interface
Potential fix for the laggy launcher UI after returning from a session
More debbuging output during the controller configuration screen
Further .ini validation and formatting on launch
Fix for kmh/mph unit selection
Meanwhile over at Live for Speed...

Great to see they're bringing out updates for a demo/preview!
Live for speed was patched just as regularly in its early days. Of course they will update the tech preview, it is essentially going to be the demo.....

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG