The online racing simulator
Nice one, I assume it's cycles and backplate integration, right?
thanks .
yes, but I made it with internal render engine not with cycles .
One boring studio test.
Attached images
1440p.jpg
more lighting plz
:banghead:
Attached images
5.png
great VW.

night render .

next : FZ5 , FXR.
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah : nevermind :P
Inspired by Gerben's renders (3dRipperDX stuff) I found few hours and played a bit with South City track. Now these are only fun tests without cars. I wanted to see if it's possible to bring these meshes into modo with all UV and Texture data. Initially I had some problems but I figured out how to convert dds into pngs files and it turned out well eventually.

I plan to convert some more maps, maybe improve them a little and make some more interesting shots with cars next time. Here's what I have so far:
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Great stuff!

Looking at those traffic lights gives me feeling that they have more polygons than RB4... ._.
Quote from jepsertti :
Looking at those traffic lights gives me feeling that they have more polygons than RB4... ._.

ahaha, I agree with you. Nice work.
I'm honoured to inspire you, great to see you again!

I love the third picture with the foggy (?) effect in it. What renderer are you using? I also had the idea of doing something with South City, but I just lack inspiration and a bit of motivation...
Quote from jepsertti :Great stuff!

Yeah Simple but good meshes

Quote from Bose321 :I'm honoured to inspire you, great to see you again!

I love the third picture with the foggy (?) effect in it. What renderer are you using? I also had the idea of doing something with South City, but I just lack inspiration and a bit of motivation...

Nice to hear that, and thanks for showing us that 3d ripper thing, it's great fun to play with lfs tracks. That foggy/haze effect is a very simple render hack. You can do same thing in vray using ZDepth pass. Just invert it and place over your final render in PS with screen blendingl; use levels on it to control color and brightness of the "fog". I'm using modo renderer now for most of my work and it has this hack sort of builtin into shader. Very simple yet gives some extra realism to renders.
Quote from tolas :Nice to hear that, and thanks for showing us that 3d ripper thing, it's great fun to play with lfs tracks. That foggy/haze effect is a very simple render hack. You can do same thing in vray using ZDepth pass. Just invert it and place over your final render in PS with screen blendingl; use levels on it to control color and brightness of the "fog". I'm using modo renderer now for most of my work and it has this hack sort of builtin into shader. Very simple yet gives some extra realism to renders.

Tolas, I'm a big fan of your work, tbh.
Have you already tried Arion?
Thanks Yes, I did. In fact my avatar was rendered in Arion
Quote from tolas :Thanks Yes, I did. In fact my avatar was rendered in Arion

fry render u mean... haha (or not?)
Little render for TypeRacing. I've finally found out how to improve my shadows a little.
Attached images
XFR_TypeRacing.jpg
Looks great but for me the colors are a little over saturated.. Maybe it depends on monitor settings.
to bright for my taste but loks good on shadows.
Yeah it came out too bright. I've switched to another reflection plane which is too matte and gives such a weird image. I'll have another go at it this weekend or something if I got some time. Perhaps a more darker scene with shiny reflections.

edit: So here's my new problem... What could cause these strange shadow-ish things on the ground?
Attached images
XFR.jpg
Render new prototipo Endurance
Wip
Attached images
Grip%20Racing3.jpg
Grip%20Racing.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah it came out too bright. I've switched to another reflection plane which is too matte and gives such a weird image. I'll have another go at it this weekend or something if I got some time. Perhaps a more darker scene with shiny reflections.

edit: So here's my new problem... What could cause these strange shadow-ish things on the ground?

Looks like there not enough IRR samples for fine GI interpolation. Are you using HDR image for environment?
No I'm not using a HDR image. I've got a few curved planes above and on the side of the car which have a vray light material. If I make the floor 100% white I don't get it.
When you use IRR GI vray will fire rays randomly trying to search for sources of lights. Only some of them will find their destination (your vray light mat), most of them will be wasted. The smaller those curved planes are the more splotchy GI solution will be.

You can eighter increase number of IRR rays (higher settings) or use vray object light. Object light will fire rays from source of light towards your car making the whole GI thingy way more accurate and more efficient, most probably slower too but that depends on your light subdiv settings. You should get fine noise rather than splotchy GI.

Similarly if you have such splotchines with HDR you could use VrayDome instead of HDRi file in env slot. It will force more efficient raytracing solution (more efficient for finely detailed HDR maps or small and/or distant light sources) basically tracing rays exactly like vray lights do.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG