The online racing simulator
I can't really seem to find it out. When I bump up the settings all the smudges just get sharper/smaller.
I cant remember exactly how to crank up IRR samples in vray, I guess by setting higher IRR rates. Not sure about that. But anyway I recommend to try vray object light (mesh light?). Just make vray light and pick you curved planes as light emiting mesh from vraylight settings.

You can find it at the bottom of this page http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/light_params.htm

It should kill those splotches
I must be blind, but I can't seem to find anything that looks like that...
You probably have older vray version installed :detective Mesh lights were introduced last year if I remember correctly. You should get latest vray!
Is the latest vray also available for 3ds max 2009? I didn't really like 2010 and upwards, all my scenes looked 100% different. I believe I use 1.50 of vray atm.
Yes, vray 2.40.03 is for max 2009 both x32 and x64
When I try to open some of my recent scenes 3ds max just crashes...
gg
Well this is the reason why I dont use max anymore maybe try merging them into max, this usually helps.
tolas, what software do you use for your 3d work now?
luxology modo, pretty much for everything 3d these days, I started using when modo 102 was released, so long time ago but was using vray,fry and modo in parallel until modo 601. Now I can model/texture/render anything in modo.
Reverted back to 1.50 SP2. I think I got rid of some smudges.
Attached images
XFR.jpg
Looks great! How did you kill them ?
I used doublesided vray light planes that shine light on some curved reflectors, instead of emitting light from the curved reflectors.

Btw, I can't get enough of the look of the renders in your avatar and those LEGO renders. Did you render LFS cars with such settings too? I would die for such a look.
I haven't. Those were done in Arion or Fry. I don't think that modo would give that kind of quality, but I can try in spare time. For now I want to make some lfs cars on lfs tracks and can't find time for them
Quote from Bose321 :Reverted back to 1.50 SP2. I think I got rid of some smudges.

Oooohh,poor Civic-XFG - someone has smashed all the windows out...
I can't seem to get some reflections of the glass. I think my lights are placed wrong for that or something...
Quote from Bose321 :I can't seem to get some reflections of the glass. I think my lights are placed wrong for that or something...

place some white planes to be reflected by the window
Thanks for the hint. I'll continue on it tonight hopefully.

edit: Did a bit of work. Still not really satisfied with it...
Attached images
XFR.jpg
imo its just wrong material on window,get 1 off of evermotions scene
Could you share one please? Don't have those scenes atm.
Those rims. Remove them from your HDD. Now.
Quote from Bose321 :Those rims. Remove them from your HDD. Now.

I like them. But i noticed it wasn't shiny at all, but just black after the render which took 2h46m(On my 2core cpu. I wonder how much would do on my 6core fx6100). So i was bored to redo it. I like the style of it, but the material was really wrong.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG