The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton drove as good as anyone last year, and 09 was probably better having to drag round the mp4-24

I agree but I still think 07 was his best year.
It was. Without Alonso on McLaren, Hamilton would've been crowned as Drivers Champion
Nah, the defining moment of 2007 was when Hamilton took a trip to Shanghai's smallest beach.:dopey:
Sorry, I had to.
Quote from Rappa Z :Nah, the defining moment of 2007 was when Hamilton took a trip to Shanghai's smallest beach.:dopey:
Sorry, I had to.

Ferrari always downplays their car's performance potential. That way, they always have a ready excuse if their drivers do not deliver a good result, and it also helps to maintain or improve Alonso's stock.

Last year, the Ferrari was usually within podium-winning pace, if not outright victory. Its issue was qualifying but the car had awesome straight line speed, solid reliability, and was an all-round good car. It was not the dog that Alonso and Ferrari management made it out to be.
Hope this shit won't happen this season.

Rather Vettel doing that than Alonso
Quote from Stig209 :Rather Vettel doing that than Alonso

Why would you want a boring season? I don't quite get it. If there are some people left who actually still enjoy F1, the last thing they would like to see is the Newey Era. I would rather watch some close fight between the two best drivers on the grid, Hamilton and Alonso.
Never said that I want a dull season this year. I just don't want to see same kinda domination from Alonso. Ofc I want same kinda start for the season as last year, many different winners and this year maybe more of that close combat as you pointed out. But not just with Hamilton and Alonso, but also with Vettel, Webber, Button, Räikkönen etc. That would make it a season worth watching.
Can't wait to see who is quick when they finally show their hand in Q3 next week. Even better is that Melbourne is not a particularly representative track, so the guessing game will carry on into the early season.
Yo dawg, we herd u like unworthy F1 champions (Mario Andretti) so we made Sebastian Vettel win the WDC 3 times.
You REALLY think Hamilton is overall better than Vettel?!?!?!
Everyone knows Sutil is the best driver on the grid. The reason he didn't have a seat last year is because he would have been too good. Winning all the races is just unfair.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Everyone knows Sutil is the best driver on the grid. The reason he didn't have a seat last year is because he would have been too good. Winning all the races is just unfair.

i c
What are the facts? Hamilton is probably the quickest over one lap (although Vettel is very close in that regard), but Hamilton is incredibly weak in some areas. Neither of them are a patch on Alonso.
Unless RBR comes up with a not so dominating car, arguing here is useless, since Vettel fans would never accept it's mainly the car. Well it clearly is, beating the field with 0.7-1 s / lap clearly describes the situation. But yeah keep on saying it's his skills, but some people are not that blind. The rest of the grid forgot how to drive fast of course. IMO Vettel has one strong area and it's Adrian Newey (oi what have I done...), but people don't understand that having the fastest car doesn't mean you're the best driver. Thinking that Vettel is better than Hamilton or Alonso overall, well, makes me laugh.

E: replying to the post below, comparing points makes no sense. Let's say, for example... Hamilton had more technical issues with the car, that automatically makes Button a better driver?

I'm thinking differently. Fighting in the middle of the pack doing great overtakes and spectacular battles is worth a LOT more than a pole-to-win hotlapping session presented by RBR.
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Unless RBR comes up with a not so dominating car, arguing here is useless, since Vettel fans would never accept it's mainly the car. Well it clearly is, beating the field with 0.7-1 s / lap clearly describes the situation. But yeah keep on saying it's his skills, but some people are not that blind. The rest of the grid forgot how to drive fast of course. IMO Vettel has one strong area and it's Adrian Newey (oi what have I done...), but people don't understand that having the fastest car doesn't mean you're the best driver. Thinking that Vettel is better than Hamilton or Alonso overall, well, makes me laugh.

E: replying to the post below, comparing points makes no sense. Let's say, for example... Hamilton had more technical issues with the car, that automatically makes Button a better driver?

I'm thinking differently. Fighting in the middle of the pack doing great overtakes and spectacular battles is worth a LOT more than a pole-to-win hotlapping session presented by RBR.

No one is denying it is mainly the car. If Alonso or Hamilton were 0.7 - 1.1 seconds in front it would also be mainly the car. That doesn't devalue the driver. Senna was sometimes (in the late 80s) 2 seconds quicker than the next guy. A lot of that was mostly the car (except when he was 2 seconds clear of his teammate, and his teammate was 2 seconds clear of 3rd, in which case it was both car and driver).

I've honestly not understood why people think Hamilton is THAT good. Sure, there have been the odd flash, the odd great race, the odd race where we doesn't destroy tyres in 2 laps, and the more frequent good qualifying lap. But there has never been evidence of a consistent, error-free, emotion-free, thinking, adapting driver that is needed to become very good. He can strangle a car and force it to go fast, but that's hardly being a complete driver. Even his overtaking has been mostly average with the odd good one two or three times a season (about the same amount as everyone else). People were amazed when he once passed a limping Raikkonen at Monza - but a granny could have passed him that day.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well your boy Alonso seems to think very highly of Hamilton indeed and visa versa.

Because what they say is always the truth.

Remember when Senna was asked who is best rival was, and he said Terry Fullerton? Do you REALLY believe him? Do you not think it was mind games? This was Senna. He was never going to say Piquet, Prost or Mansell were his best rivals now was he...
Quote from tristancliffe : Neither of them are a patch on Alonso.

Well your boy Alonso seems to think very highly of Hamilton indeed and visa versa.

@Töki

Not to mention when Hamilton won, he did it because he was the fastest driver on the day, not because he was in the best car on the day.
Quote from tristancliffe :People were amazed when he once passed a limping Raikkonen at Monza - but a granny could have passed him that day.

The reason people got a stiffy over that was because it was the most demon late-braking manoeuvre successfully completed in F1 to date.
#298 - CSF
go go f1 f1 4 titles go go
Braking slightly later than a car with a problem that didn't defend? Like I say, most grannies could do it (assuming their head didn't fall off).
Quote from CSF :go go f1 f1 4 titles go go

Well I suppose you need someone else to replace Schumacher inherited dominatrix syndicate.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG