The online racing simulator
Is there any way to get real force feedback?
because as of now I only get a constant force during corners and a dull vibration under braking. But no vibration/shaking at all while riding on the kerbs
Depending on the wheel you have :
In Fanatec Panel
Wheel angle : of course 900
Dampening strenght: 0

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced
Force Feedback Gain: 85% - 90%

On the BMW rim
SEN: off
FF: 100
SHO: 100 (if you want to use the vibration inside the rim)
ABS: off
LIN: off
DEA: off
DRI: 001
For: 120 (play with this value according to your tastes and feeling)
Spr: 0
Dpr: 20 (try 30 too)

Q: Why do you use DRI setting?
A: DRIFT parameter isn't a "magical" setting that makes you faster. Default settings (with Fanatec drivers 144 and firmware 037) in Assetto Corsa simply make too much dampening, causing a sort of "delay" in oversteer/understeer corrections while driving. It's like you feel them a bit late. With DRI to 001, the wheel dampening is heavily reduced and it becomes more "direct". That's why we suggest the settings above. You will feel every little front tyres movement, every little slide, the grip limit, without make the wheel too lighter and unrealistic (remember the Elise SC, even is lightweight car, hasn't steering assistance). If you still feel the wheel too light around the center, try to raise the Dpr value on the rim.

LOGITECH G25/G27
(tested and suggested by Aristotelis Vasilakos)

In Logitech Panel
Overal effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 100% (it's not used in AC)
Damper effects Strength: 100% (Lower this value if you feel the wheel too "flat")
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900
Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced
Force Feedback Gain: 80% - 85%

Q: Why spring and damper to 100%?
A: Assetto Corsa will take care of everything, don't worry. Only be sure to check "Allow game to adjust settings".

SOURCE: http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... heels-configurations.218/
Quote from Bose321 :And why was that removed again? I'm not familiar with the history of LFS.

Don't know for sure, but I suspect because the static AI ended up being slightly faster than the learning AI at its best.

Aaanyway. </offtopic><ontopic>

There's apparently quite a bit of modding already brewing in the backround of the tech preview, shouldn't be long until someone manages to port a few NKP tracks in. Only managed some very small changes myself so far with the Elise.
Luchian, I tested those values, I feel a slight improvement, but it is still way too far from what I expect to be a correct FFB. I'm talking with a friend and he also sais that the feedback is very poor.

May it be the car setup that is too soft or something?
If that was the case then it would be poor for everyone, not just you.
I know, that's why I am asking to more people. Having only 2 opinions is not enough to tell if it is a issue of the game or in our settings.
Quote from Whiskey :Luchian, I tested those values, I feel a slight improvement, but it is still way too far from what I expect to be a correct FFB. I'm talking with a friend and he also sais that the feedback is very poor.

May it be the car setup that is too soft or something?

It might also be a matter of perception maybe.. I personally like the FFB more life-like type, meaning no added effects to compensate the fact that you don't really sit in the car..
However, you should be able to feel very well the vibration when riding kerbs..
Most important FBB change for me (DFGT) was turning it down in game (I'm at 70 gain)

Suddenly had a load more detail and much better feeling. 100 gain was clipping permanently. It felt terrible.
Two good plugins. One is a FFB graph, and the other is live temps and pressures. Good stuff.

Not made by me. Got them on the official forum.

I'm now at 50% FFB strength in game, with 0.2 filter, and I like it.

I've just edited the FFBgraph plugin, so it's twice as wide (and hence shows twice as much). Slightly easier to see clipping through a complex on the following straight. It's easy to do yourself with notepad - just change every value of 300 to 600 (I think there are 3 instances).
Attached files
danny_giusa_tyre_temp.rar - 1.2 KB - 251 views
FFBDisp.zip - 675 B - 262 views
I'm having some problems with rectangles squares around the trees.

Any fix for this?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I'm having some problems with rectangles squares around the trees.

Any fix for this?

Your GPU isn't compatible. Time to upgrade i'm afraid.
Quote from The Moose :Your GPU isn't compatible. Time to upgrade i'm afraid.

Well was to be expected with a 5 to 6 year old system.

At least I get to play it a a decent frame rate and am able to feel the magic trough my wheel.

Rf2 wasn't really a valid reason for me to upgrade.
But Assetto Corsa has given me al the reason I need for an upgrade.
Sweet
Drove a lot more tonight, now that I got past the issues setting up my G25 (Some Axis' were backwards and whatnot, little checkboxes not clicked here and there like "use shifter" though I'd set up the buttons... my fault, too many beers not enough paying attention for the latter).

Seems like LFS S3 to me... this is just a tech demo? Good work in my opinion. I don't think I've been that immersed in a sim for a few years actually, and I was surprized. Throwing the Lotus around that tiny track feels just so natural and very LFS-esque as it were in my opinion.

The sound seems decent overall; is it still synthesized? (the engine sound?)

Considering this is open to modding from the get-go I think I'm genuinely excited.

Not so sure on the FFB myself, I tried Tristan's settings for my aging G25 and it feels OK but not all that informative to me. Not going to criticize though since this isn't even a demo.

Great stuff!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Not so sure on the FFB myself, I tried Tristan's settings for my aging G25 and it feels OK but not all that informative to me. Not going to criticize though since this isn't even a demo.

On T500 with slightly bumped driver FFB strenght it's very near spot on, haven't tried how it's on Logitechs.

I think a lot of sims feel very.. synthetic, LFS included. They are very informative with their FFB, I think sometimes a bit TOO informative and precise. So far AC feels the closest to a real production road car steering I've yet to experience, there's that tiny bit of mush in there that rubber bushings give you.

Never driven an Elise so don't know how sharp the steering feedback is on that in real life, but currently the feedback you get feels slightly damped, like in real cars. Maybe it could be sharpened up a tiny bit like in NKP, but it is very close as it is.
Is it possible to look left and right from cockpit? I didnt find how to set it or make it work.
I've been messing around with it over the last few days, mainly drifting and it finally feels like something can beat LFS for drifting, can't wait to get my hands on a FR car, something a bit better suited for drifting.

good to see people are already working on mods, downloaded a few sound mods and using some of the apps people have made, might try to make some of my own soon

Quote from HonzaNB :Is it possible to look left and right from cockpit? I didnt find how to set it or make it work.

not in the tech demo atm
Overall I am impressed with this tech demo, no big issues, smooth as silk, almost none input lag, intuitive believable physics and FFB. Actually more polished package than I though it would be. And what a screenshot generator!

Quote from HonzaNB :Is it possible to look left and right from cockpit? I didnt find how to set it or make it work.

No, not possible yet, it's mentioned in known issues list.

Hello everybody, this is a list of known issues, please check before posting your findings.

[U][B]Game Settings :[/B][/U]

- it's not possible to change tyre wear and fuel consumption for now
- in pro mode ABS is OFF. But the real Elise has ABS so it is permitted even if the "assist" is off. You can check its with the "electronics" APP and disable/enable it if you want by pressing CTRL+A while driving

[B][U]Setup :[/U][/B]

- only pressures can be changed
- tyres aren't changed if you click "restart session"
- There is a minimal tyre wear, although not finalised yet.
- Tyres do not blow up for this Technology preview.

[U][B]Physics :[/B][/U]

- it's possible to start the car without using the clutch for the technology preview
- the "ignition" function is not yet implemented, although you can set it up in the control settings.
- No damage enabled for the Technology Preview.

[B][U]Graphics :[/U][/B]

- No skidmarks in the sand boxes and grass is as designed.
- smoke inside the car is as designed.
- Very faint curbs may seem to appear in the car cockpit due to reflection
- glance left/right is not implemented yet, although you can set them up in the controls settings.
- reverse light is not working in the Technology Preview.

[U][B]Apps :[/B][/U]

- transparency of the different apps is at the discretion of the app developper and can vary depending of the use of the app.
- bar goes red in the pedal app when the Force Feedback value is over 1.0 or less than -1.0

[U][B]Wheels :[/B][/U]

- G27 leds are disabled for the Tech Preview
- D-Pads aren't supported by AC as of now
- Clutch can't be assigned to button as of now

[B][U]TrackIR :[/U][/B]

- Use only yaw and pitch movements for TP

I really like the use of the 'apps' to customise the HUD.
I don't really care for the hud stuff all that much, it's a necessary evil. I tend to think that such things should be kept to a minimum. I know "IRL" you can buy and fit things to display all sorts of information, so it's in keeping with that, and it doesn't hurt to be able to set it up as you wish. Which for me, in that situation with that car, is nothing. shift-f

I had a blast just now, second time I've played it since Friday, and I followed some FF and general wheel setup advice which improved things quite a lot.

I thought I'd enjoy the visuals, so did a few laps and watched a replay. Suspension movement is excellent, the dive on the brakes is just right and really creates the impression of mass and friction and energy, which gives everything a realness.
Slowed it right down, though, and I was somewhat surprised to see that there is no visible tyre deformation? Even with the tyres at 16 psi or whatever they do not roll or squish, visually, at least as far as I can tell.
can anyone tell if AC can be played with multiple input devices (two wheels)?
Quote from ACCAkut :can anyone tell if AC can be played with multiple input devices (two wheels)?

Cant say for sure about two wheels, but it certainly supports multiple devices just fine.

Running a DFGT, G25 pedals with Bodnar cable and a TH8RS Shifter. No issues.
I unticked the "Fix camera to horizon" and the feeling improved a lot. Before it was just wrong, now I can see better what the car is doing.

Tried multiple settings for the FFB, all of them resulting in the same, I can't feel the road nor the car.

If I ride a kerb at 5km/h the FFB works as expected, but once I reach some speed the forces just cancel themselves and my wheel is static. Maybe the G25 isn't the greatest wheel, but one would expect some rattling on these huge kurbs and on the grass
Quote from The Moose :Cant say for sure about two wheels, but it certainly supports multiple devices just fine.

Running a DFGT, G25 pedals with Bodnar cable and a TH8RS Shifter. No issues.

thx. its because my shifter still appears as a Sidewinder wheel.

can't wait for the public demo :-)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG