The online racing simulator
In-car speedometer on dashboard is same as before.

But when using that NFS like view speedometer has changed.
Quote from MrSam :old speedometer was :
20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 / 180 / 200

It still is
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Quote from GAVD999 :It still is

i mean virtual speedometer

edit : change picture
Attached images
speedometer.JPG
š
Attached images
pic.PNG
-
(GAVD999) DELETED by GAVD999
Quote from Scawen :Virtual speedo sometimes overlapped numbers (e.g. XRG km/h)

That's the reason I guess...
I really liked the old one too, a bit more realistic.
Quote from Eclipsed :That's the reason I guess...

I understand better thank you, I had not noticed.
but the current is really bad, a little change for the next update would be nice
example reduce the size numbers so it does not overlap
Quote from MrSam :I understand better thank you, I had not noticed.
but the current is really bad, a little change for the next update would be nice
example reduce the size numbers so it does not overlap

Woo, you mean you actually use the speedo while driving hotlaps? If so, then either I'm unusual (cos I never do that) or you are... How does the speedo help you?
Quote from Neilser :Woo, you mean you actually use the speedo while driving hotlaps? If so, then either I'm unusual (cos I never do that) or you are... How does the speedo help you?

I think you're off topic, I'll answer but our two messages can be deleted.

everyone has their own way of driving. but for me the hotlap is something precise.
for example, if a turn is taken at 100 hm/h, then I take the corner at 100 km/h. and for that I have to watch the speedo. If I turn the corner with engine noise or by the habit, I speak for myself I'm not quite accurate.
Quote from Neilser :Woo, you mean you actually use the speedo while driving hotlaps? If so, then either I'm unusual (cos I never do that) or you are... How does the speedo help you?

thats just the same as saying why have speedo at all. if your trying to be faster on hotlaps then taking the correct line at the fastest possible speed is best so once you find that speed you want to do it as accurate as possible
Quote from MrSam :I think you're off topic, I'll answer but our two messages can be deleted.

He is not offtopic.You are always doing hotlaps.

About the new speedometer, I love it. It is clean.
Quote from theodu69 :He is not offtopic.You are always doing hotlaps.

About the new speedometer, I love it. It is clean.

the topic is New Version : 0.6E and my subject is the speedo. so the hotlap is off topic.
guys i have a problem

there seems to be a hacker on WS Metropolis
i have admin rights, yet banning him won't work
i tried banning him, in the chat i got a message "this command needs 2 parametres", and he's still on

any clue?
well turns out we managed with the connection list
Quote from colonio :well turns out we managed with the connection list

When banning a user, type not only /ban username

But... /ban username xx xx standing for the days.
Quote from rockclan :When banning a user, type not only /ban username

But... /ban username xx xx standing for the days.

I did actually, /ban 7 [lfs nickname], and all I got was "the command needs 2 parameters" and also the "user was banned for 7 days", yet he was still causing havok on the server. tried kicking him first then banning, but he just rejoined the server.

meh, he's banned now anyway
This, and several other player ID issues have been occurring recently, and it's got me wondering how it could be dealt with. At the moment, the emphasis is on the client identifying the player, and as the recent MP patch has shown, has and can be abused.

The server has a limited number of slots, a client connects, and has to have a unique ID (set by them). Would it be feasible for the server to generate a unique ID for every available slot, so therefore allow admins to have direct control over that ID/slot without having to deal with some esoteric name that uses characters that are impossible to type/find?
I think 99% doesn't have any problems. Apart from a laggy, crappy, sloppy worthless connection.

But this version already saves a bit of discussion, annoyance.
i have a lot of message like this :

Jan 04 21:16:25 IS_MTC - could not find destination

Can someone tell me what it is?

EDIT : *on the log server.
I'm sure Scawen is silently watching closely (scratching his head) and working on an update.
Latest patch seems to have introduced some nasty side-effects...
Quote from MrSam :i have a lot of message like this :

Jan 04 21:16:25 IS_MTC - could not find destination

Can someone tell me what it is?

EDIT : *on the log server.

Error in InSim App. Attempting to send a message to a single connection (text based) to an ID number that is not valid or no longer connected
Quote from Ripley :I'm sure Scawen is silently watching closely (scratching his head) and working on an update.
Latest patch seems to have introduced some nasty side-effects...

In the current public version, the only problem I know about that I need to look into is the unavailable skin problem that Squelch posted about in the bugs forum.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=81634
Quote from Krammeh :Error in InSim App. Attempting to send a message to a single connection (text based) to an ID number that is not valid or no longer connected

Thank you for your very clear answer.

@Scawen :
may be to avoid that, as do two players of the same name on the server (assign a skin by default) when the skin is not upload on lfsworld.
just an idea
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118 : not needed

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG