The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :
I think I know what he does because the improved logging of 6E let me think in that direction. But I refuse to spend XX hours in this useless crap, researching what the actual security problem is.

cargame pls
don't pretent like you have something better to do
Who's the wag that's started the Anakin Skywalker host?
Attached images
anakin skywalker host.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I'll close this thread now. Hackers with no username... it's in the past.

It was very funny joke.
May the Force be with you. :jedi:
Well, I could say it was a very funny joke when you explained how this is for the benefit of the community.

To be clear : the thing you could do to help, is tell us how you do it. Or maybe tell us why you are doing it?

You really are wasting the time of a lot of people now, and keeping the information benefits no-one.
Totally off topic but...

Quote from AnakinSkywalker :It was very funny joke.

I do understand you actually pretty much now... I am serious. With that Force mode, what you are using, is actually pretty incredible, we both use it but way different way.

I throw a challenge for you...

The question is:

If you will reach the goal ( And I do know you will ), can you achieve it without trapping yourself?

If you do not know the answer, you will never find a right way to reach your goal. Would you understand it?

You are already accepted challenge.

Sir why you do this?

You make release of new content impossible!

Your stabbing us all straight into the back, with your dark side lightsaber!

Is it really that you have nothing better in life than wasting others their hobbies and in Scawen´s case, his work?

Than you are one sad sad creature, out of the deepest pile of shit, and belong somewhere else than on the net.

Go hack the C.I.A. or F.B.I. and do something usefull with your skills, be like them great 'ol Anonymous.
Anonymous is shit, same goes for Anal shitwalker.
Wasting time of the devs which could be used to finally get us closer to S3.
The shroud of the dark side has fallen...
"Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering."
:spyoda:
Quote from rockclan :Sir why you do this?

You make release of new content impossible!

Don't blame users or hacker for the delays on LFS development.

The reason for slow development is a combination of the natural dificulties on car and tyre modelling and the size of the LFS development team.

It's huge hard work to do a proper model, not only due to the dificulties to model the transient tyre behaviour (that is sensitive to a lot of variables) to fit this model to our computers processing power, to have access to real car telemetry data and tyre measurement data. All simulators (LFS, NkPro, iRacing, Rfactor, Rfactor2) have their flaws, you usually pick the one which flaws you live better with.

If you take those simulators the F1 teams use to driver training and car developing, they run on array of high powered computers to be able to handle more complex models, they use very secret data acquired on real race tracks, have support from the tyre manufacturers, and even with that, the drivers reports the flaws aren't that much different from what we see on consumer grade simulators.

I recognize that LFS is still a brilliant piece of work for a such small team, and they made the money I've spent worth it. In my opinion, today it became quite outdated (specially sounds and the low grip under low tyre load), but it still worths the money.

I stopped driving on LFS since I've signed iRacing, I keep checking the forum to follow Scawen's posts and see what is going on, and I will eventually give LFS a try as soon as physics updates are released.
I was angry for a while, but anger is bad for you, and it's not worth being angry about a job or a hobby. We have to take a professional approach, accept this as just one of many setbacks to be encountered along the road of development. It is really hard for me to understand why someone attacks others, without any apparent motive. I can only guess it's some kind of power thrill. I feel sorry for him really, not angry any more. But a lot worse things can happen in life that make this little thing so insignificant, and I think it's better not to give him too much attention.
It's slapstick.

I'm not sure I understand what your deal is. I enjoy trolling sometimes, and seeing people turn into internet tough guys. I just don't understand how that could supersede establishing beneficial relationships with respectable people.
Scawen seems like a pretty cool guy. He's smart, sensitive, and passionate. Why would you want to be the object of his frustration when you could be his friend?

I hope you find whatever it is that you're looking for.

Scawen et al: I don't know, but I've been told that a person can compromise any software on a system and mess with anything else on that system.
He avoids CarGame's servers because it TCP logs ... So why don't we setup a bear trap? A random server with a random name, that logs TCP traffic with WireShark. Get a bunch of the devs on to seed the server, get it popular and just wait ... at some point he will pop on and then you'll see how it did it or equally as important, how he didn't do it.

Also, are all of these servers that is is getting onto running AIRIO, or LFSStats, or PRISM, or anything? If your using PRISM you could make a plugin and make like a warning system for him. Once a client connects where UName == '', send out the alarm to Scawen, and save the reply file on the host after 30 seconds, or at the end of the session.
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Quote from The Very End :Anonymous is shit, same goes for Anal shitwalker.

Hahaha made my day! He thinks he's a hero when in fact he's the laughing stock of the community!
Same, nice slip
Quote from Dygear : you'll see how it did it or equally as important, how he didn't do it.

Well for me it's not really relevant. I like to turn it around.

The recent 0.6E logs show that this line;

Dec 01 05:23:54 Authorised : 1.2.3.4 (cargame.nl)

Is missing when he connects. So I now build a logmonitor which keeps track of the IP addresses (and usernames) connecting. If this situation occurs;

Dec 01 05:24:01 Connect : 1.2.3.4

Which is a follow up of "Authorised" and the Authorised message cannot be found then the connecting IP address is automatically added to the server firewall in the same second. Now the only thing that needs to be done is to let LFS do this check by itself and he can sit lonely in a corner. No need to set up all kind of traps, this issue is basically solved in my eyes. I don't understand why this needs further thinking to be honest. He is not productive so ignore it by securing it in a different way and move on.

And this summer I already noticed that there came IP addresses out of the blue connecting to my server but due to the unstructured log of 0.6B I wasn't 100% sure what was happening. Now I am because of the improved way of logging.

But you all can chat like 50 pages further about this, no problem. If some admin needs protection they know how to contact me. (Like a mafia boss, lol)
Skywalker showed up on [AA] Blackwood FBM again last night. So changing all our server passwords didn't appear to work then.
Scawen did you get my mail from Tuesday? I haven't got a reply, that's why I'm asking. Maybe it's not a bad idea.
A half round kick?

Quote from Scawen :I was angry for a while ... It is really hard for me to understand why someone attacks others, without any apparent motive.

think harder. think of the fear some others may have of S3. think of the money they have. think of their investment and their need for commercial success.

you do this project for love, but you are the exception.

no doubt S3 arrives anyway some day unscathed, but they're at least going to try and sink your battleship!!!

("it's business")
Anakin online now at [AA] Demo Racing in case anyone's interested. For now he seems to be racing fair and not using any hacks but not sure if that will continue once the scheduled event starts at 8pm.
Quote from meddc :... not using any hacks but not sure if that will continue once the scheduled event starts at 8pm.

Zero clutch wear after 12 laps and weirdd grip at braking
Quote from [Audi TT] :But his not in the list of the "Live host progress"

Thats already quite known

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG