The online racing simulator
I don't see how will that autospectating when you don't have uploaded skin to LFSW help in stuttering and glitching (which was purpose of adding this check?). Others still see your car for 1-2 s, and thier LFS client display message that skin was unable to load...

EDIT: Seems to be working fine
The difference is that instead of being "serial offenders" they will just have to do the right thing.
It works fine .

Just one thing, what happens if someone removes a skin from lfsworld while people are racing, I know the chances of this happening are extremely thin but for example I have a fair few public skins uploaded on my lfsworld and occasionally delete an old one to free up a skin slot.

As i say this will probably never happen but just curious as to how it works, would the person racing be specced mid race if a new person joins the server and triggers a request to download the now missing skin?
Why can not I select a skin with the name in Chinese, or Japanese?
and
Please remove the auto-connect to the server, if you are disconnected the host because of vob-mode.
Not a proper thread for this but meh.

Where did that "user is online on: [server name]" thingy go on lfsforum?
Quote from Sobis :Where did that "user is online on: [server name]" thingy go on lfsforum?

It's been like that for ages
Quote from Sobis :Not a proper thread for this but meh.

Where did that "Online at:[server_name]" thingy go on lfsforum?

fixed that for you

Quote from Flame CZE :It's been like that for ages

But it isn't anymore...
Quote from Sobis :Not a proper thread for this but meh.

Where did that "user is online on: [server name]" thingy go on lfsforum?

aha, that's working again.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Others still see your car for 1-2 s, and thier LFS client display message that skin was unable to load...

I don't think so. People in pits maybe but not on the track. As far as I know skin tries to get loaded when you are near a car for X seconds.

* although there is a global announcement about blabla SKIN not found when user joins track. True

Quote from Scawen :In fact, the position packets have never been sent to the host using TCP. There is no code in LFS to support that. It has been assumed that the UDP problem is a problem at the receiving end, and a host that cannot receive UDP is considered useless.

The host must receive UDP packets from a connecting guest as part of the connection process, or the connection will not be allowed in the first place.

I've always thought the UDP problem is a problem with routers that are failing to send UDP packets back to the guest, maybe the router is forgetting the ephemeral port or something like that. But the host receives UDP on a well defined port where the user (hoster) has set up forwarding to a specific computer, so the router always knows the destination and so it's less likely that a host's UDP receive could break down.

I am surprised to hear about ISP's blocking / dropping UDP packets. My first thought is, don't use that kind of ISP. That's why I'm using Zen, it costs a bit more than BT, Virgin, and so on but instead of an awful service, I believe I know where I stand. But this is my job so I can afford a couple more pounds a month. Though on the other hand I think it ends up cheaper for me because the phone service I've got from them doesn't have a "connection charge" and rounding up to the minute. It's just per second billing. They have a bandwidth limit, rather than this "unlimited bandwidth... note : fair usage policy applies" nonsense. I believe they are an honest business, not one that tries to rip you off at every turn.

So maybe if your ISP has a problem, then to fix the problem you must change ISP.

About the skin problem :

I couldn't find any reason for glitches or slowdowns in the specific case where a skin is not available at LFS World. I can only think of the problem of searching for a skin on your own hard drive when a player exits the pits, if you have many thousands of skins, maybe the file search would take a good fraction of a second, or maybe more in some cases. But that would not be any worse if a skin is unavailable at LFS World.

Anyway, I agree with the thought that it is quite annoying when people insist on joining with a skin they have not uploaded to LFS World. There is no point in using a skin if no-one else can see it. I've taken a couple of days' break from the track editor functions I've been working on, to implement a host-side check to make sure your skin exists. This feature spectates you immediately if you join with an unavailable skin.

Mate, there is only one ISP here in the country and it was working just fine right before the update. Something happened in the new update which made all people from UAE invisible while joining in...

Anything ?

Check this for more details please http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1772706
Hello,

I have strange message today on one layout server :
"Too many physics objects"

never i have see this message before.
the replay is attached (at 6min 59sec)
Attached files
bug E.mpr - 337.5 KB - 273 views
That's not really a bug,deffinitely not related to patch,seen this quite often before in layouts with many movable objects like tyre stacks and bales when someone drives into big pile of these objects.
Quote from MrSam :Hello,

I have strange message today on one layout server :
"Too many physics objects"

never i have see this message before.
the replay is attached (at 6min 59sec)

Not a bug
When there are too much layouts objects moving you get this message.
Ok, thank you for your quick response.
in fact I'm never in the server layout, so that's why I post this message that comes from space
sorry
Just because it was always there doesn't mean its not a "bug".
Is it limitation of LFS or graphics limitation...?
MPR probably wasn't designed to track a lot of movable objects at once. Who cares, that message already is there for years, there are other things which are more important to focus on.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Just because it was always there doesn't mean its not a "bug".
Is it limitation of LFS or graphics limitation...?

Most likekly, Scawen has set a limit in LFS as to how many physic interactions the game will compute for layout objects at any given time. For each layout object that is moving, LFS will have to compute its physics. If there are too many moving layout objects moving around at once, the processor cannot keep up with all the calculations required, and the game will start to lag and skip frames.

To avoid this, the limit is probably set with good margins, and the game will simply not calculate the physics for any additional layout object that is over the set limit. It's just a mechanism for prioritizing more important stuff (like the car physics) before the processor load goes too high. And the message is just verbose.
braaa
Dat message also appears to strong computers?
Depends how the limit is set. If it is just an integer threshold value, the amount of layout objects your processor is actually capable of handling makes no difference.
Quote from Litro :Dat message also appears to strong computers?

I think that isn't a variable value which relies on how powerful your PC is.

Probably the limit can be setted manually but I'm not sure about if LFS does it by its own.
Thanks Scawen And Please Make LFS Better And Better!
I don't think it's a CPU limitation, the message only appears when a replay is being recorded right? I think it's more a storage issue.

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG