The online racing simulator
it looks good, im guessing you need quite a decent pc to play it but in general, if they sort snap back, drop cars quite regularly and keep active within the forum this game should be a hit...

best thing we can all do is ensure ign and the likes not only test it but give it limelight as im sick of somewhat indie made sims ( self supporting/fund raised ) not getting the press they deserve.
Who gives a shi* if IGN will like it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Who gives a shi* if IGN will like it.

>gets in public domain

> more peoples gives dev's money

> more stuff for game

> more noobs to beat

common sense no ? its no promise that this Will happen but if you don't try you'll never succeed
Quote from theirishnoob :>gets in public domain

> more peoples gives dev's money

> more stuff for game

> more noobs to beat

common sense no ? its no promise that this Will happen but if you don't try you'll never succeed

And gets put under enormous pressure. Plus they would have to announce a release date which they would have to keep to have any sort of success you are expecting.

So no IGN, Gamespot, or any other arbitrary game site better not try to hype this up. Most gamers won't like it anyway, since it won't have any career mode or "carrot on a stick" online rewards or achievements.

To top it off, true car simulators will never be mainstream. Period.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :And gets put under enormous pressure. Plus they would have to announce a release date which they would have to keep to have any sort of success you are expecting.

So no IGN, Gamespot, or any other arbitrary game site better not try to hype this up. Most gamers won't like it anyway, since it won't have any career mode or "carrot on a stick" online rewards or achievements.

To top it off, true car simulators will never be mainstream. Period.

But lots of sim racers have learned about iracing through magazines for example. Imho everything helps for relatively small projects like AC. While sim racing will never be mainstream it still helps to get the word to the masses even if the latest nfs is more interesting to the average joe.
Quote from Hyperactive :But lots of sim racers have learned about iracing through magazines for example. Imho everything helps for relatively small projects like AC. While sim racing will never be mainstream it still helps to get the word to the masses even if the latest nfs is more interesting to the average joe.

they said the samme about arma... pre Dayz it was popular and a decent sim ( with ace mod.. )

don't doubt just give em a chance... if you give them the moneys either they'll invest it well or blow it in vegas... either way everyones happy.
That looks great.

I cant wait to try this out!
Still not really diggin' the interface
Who cares about the interface?

If the racing is good and the physics are as i hope i wouldnt care if i had to use dos commands to start a race!
Quote from Dennis93 :Still not really diggin' the interface

You shouldn't worry about the interface, even if you don't like it in the final version, it will be customizable. Everything in the game is. It even supports point to point races. Rallypack anyone?
Quote from Taavi(EST) :You shouldn't worry about the interface, even if you don't like it in the final version, it will be customizable. Everything in the game is. It even supports point to point races. Rallypack anyone?

Oh.
Never heard about that

Rallypack +1
Pricing model and price estimates?
Quote from JJ72 :Pricing model and price estimates?

The actual price of the 1.0 version is still unknown, but it's probably going to be around 30€+. But it's a single payment, no subscription model! DLC may come at a price, depending on the content. I would imagine, if the DLC contains a new license that they didn't have prior to the 1.0 release, it will come at a cost. But if it's already licensed at the 1.0 launch, the DLC will be free.

Pure speculation on my part, but the fact is that there will be no subscription model.

edit: Found the quote

Quote :Question: "How many cars and tracks will be included in the 1.0 release fail if the price of similar or higher than the nK Pro?"
M. Massarutto:"As already mentioned, the list of contents is not yet final, it will be but 12 to 15 different vehicle models and seven racetracks in the first publication of Assetto Corsa be at the start The price is higher because of the officially licensed content.. than in netKar PRO. But there will be no subscription model, or an annual fee. "

Edit 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlUwtHnKaA&feature=plcp What the tablet was for! Also works on smartphones.
That input lag looks painful.
Quote from atledreier :That input lag looks painful.

What input lag do you mean? The one on the remote control, or steering wheel lag in the latest gameplay video? If you mean the latter, then it's actually not that bad, considering they probably have v-sync enabled. Lots of "simracing games" have lag way worse then that. I'd say it is quite bearable since it looks very close to the input lag in nKpro, which isn't bad at all.
But if you mean the former, then who cares?

Anyway...

If anyone's interested, the one driving is Jay Ekkel from SimBin.
Attached images
jay_ekkel.jpg
Haha, nice photo Taavi, thanks :-)
First thing I noticed was the steering lag. It's significant enough to be noticed immediately. All steering lag is bad, I've never found any to be tolerable. If v-sync or other graphics options (anti-alias, or resolution which usually is the main cause in my experience) are the cause, change settings. Comparing to other products is irrelevant, bad is not not good even if something else is worse. I have literally _zero_ input lag in nKp, I can move/rotate the controller left and right, lock to lock with no delay at all. Same with LFS. I can introduce steering lag similar to what I saw in the video in both LFS and nKp by cranking up the resolution (1080p feels like a tarpit), and what is normally completely responsive and predictable turns to shit instantly.

It does look great, though.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :First thing I noticed was the steering lag. It's significant enough to be noticed immediately. All steering lag is bad, I've never found any to be tolerable. If v-sync or other graphics options (anti-alias, or resolution which usually is the main cause in my experience) are the cause, change settings. Comparing to other products is irrelevant, bad is not not good even if something else is worse. I have literally _zero_ input lag in nKp, I can move/rotate the controller left and right, lock to lock with no delay at all. Same with LFS. I can introduce steering lag similar to what I saw in the video in both LFS and nKp by cranking up the resolution (1080p feels like a tarpit), and what is normally completely responsive and predictable turns to shit instantly.

It does look great, though.

I agree that steering lag is bad (if not the worst thing a sim can have), but if it's below 0.1s and stays constant, I'm not really worried. If you can't run a sim at a constant FPS, then you're going to have problems no matter if there's actual steering lag or not.
Whoooooa can't believe i ignored this for all these months. Holy ****...
graphical lag is an non issue to me....actually I was just going to say it looks pretty responsive.

This looks like going head to head with PCARS....
Quote from JJ72 :This looks like going head to head with PCARS....

I find that offensive towards AC.
I know what you mean, but I have yet drive this.....just on the cautious side.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG