The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Yay iracing!
Looks more like netcode, the HPD continued on fine so obviously on his screen he didn't touch at all.
If my brother uses my credit card # to do the 6 months free promo, will that count as a duplicate acct?
Yes it'll have your name and then a 2 on the end, contact support to change the name.
Quote from Gabkicks :If my brother uses my credit card # to do the 6 months free promo, will that count as a duplicate acct?

how? what promo?
Same thing I used

In the Street Stock rookie calss races I'm running I start on pole and lead the first 20 laps (of 40) and then lap traffic always does something stupid and crashes me. It's happened 4 races in a row now and I still havn't won one.. That's what you get in the Rookie class of oval though isn't it

I might just run time trials to get my SR up for the 30th when I think I can become D class?

Gonig to go get crashed again in 1 min.
Just have patience around lapped traffic, sneak past them then go very deep into the next corner so they don't have a chance at bumping you. Oval rookie is full of wreckers, just because anybody can sign up for a 6 month free account, so you just have to avoid them like the plague. If it means not winning the races, who cares. Your only goal in Rookie is to get out of Rookie, then you start worrying about winning.
this is actually fun.

first time playing i did some prac online at okayama short course in mx5.

took me 15laps and now i can 1:01s. not sure if thats good but its at top of time sheets usually.
Quote from boothy :Yes it'll have your name and then a 2 on the end, contact support to change the name.

So that way, it is possible to have a duplicate account? Or does it also check IP address or something else?

Because I'd like to try those 6 months for free.
Subscribed those 6months for free. I have already driven Caddy on the track before, so what is basically new for me - three additional track and learning those circuits. Infineon is truly hardcore one. Blind corners, very bumpy and narrow track. Really technique and hard to complete track. Despite of that, had some fun racing so far. Looking for Mosports and Mid-Ohio.
just won a race at okayama short in mx5. rookie is quite fun.

started mid pack. some nubs nubbed and i was 3rd. leaders did some nubs move and i catched up. and won
You had 23 incidents though, did you just ram everyone off? Definitely try and qualify next time (your Q time lasts all week) so you can get ahead of the mid pack incidents.
well. i only hit maybe the leaders because they crashed and maked 4-5car pile up. 1 guy taked me out and i was 5th. he hit me again. then i worked to 3rd. leaders going slow because they fight and when i overtaked on inside he turned on me. so maybe alot.

but 23 o.0 . just
I've been racing in the street stocks and I finished second in the first race I did. Haven't had too much success since then. I keep on wrecking or spinning avoiding a wreck (stupid controller). The racing is good before that happens though.

I would race the MX-5 more if I had a wheel, but sadly my controller slows me down.

Edit: I started racing the legends car and had a race where I started 18th and finished 4th with no Incidents.
Quote from Flame CZE :So that way, it is possible to have a duplicate account? Or does it also check IP address or something else?

Because I'd like to try those 6 months for free.

You can have many accounts with different names, email but same credit card, IP.....
I dont want to do it again. iRacing, make some great offer for existing members pls!
Quote from Klouczech :You can have many accounts with different names, email but same credit card, IP.....
I dont want to do it again. iRacing, make some great offer for existing members pls!

Ah, didn't know that. I'll definitely go for it, if it's still on by Aug 5th (the day I'm coming back home) :P
I'm doing well at South Boston speedway in the special week 13 events in the Legends cars. I keep having the same issues though Falcon

Anyways, that legends car is the only one that I've driven that seriously understears like you guys say.. of course, I will admit that LFS is way more overstear than iRacing. One of thems wrong (or both )

I've won 3 of my first 16 races and have an average start of 2nd on ovals

I've got my SR up to 3.60 though, so it looks like I'll be getting at least a "D" class license on the 30th
I just got my SR up to 3.50 so I'm good for that promotion too. I got +.56 in the last race I did.

Started on the pole, nearly lost control on the first lap but managed to keep myself from getting run over by tapping the wall a little. Wound up 7th by lap 2 and I worked my way up to second by the end. Apparently my 0X contact with the wall didn't count as an Inc.

I now have 3 second place finishes and no wins. I've started on the pole 3 times but I've only led 2 laps.
Lets be real Stu.

AFAIK that's not even in testing yet

Edit: From TG:
Quote :By the way, in the hosted functionality we have also added car class “weight” as another option for the host of the race. This will allow weight to be added to a car class like is done in the real world for certain series. To be clear, right now with this new option, will only be able to add weight by car class, not individual driver. Anyway, just gives another option that will impact the racing like we added last season using fuel as a dynamic the host has control over.

This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG