The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Regal Racer 195/50R15
I hope these semi-slicks will be better than old stock tires on my E30.
I must have street homologated tires in the series where I race.
44 € for one tire, CHEAP!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :You obviously need some glasses then. This is reverse rake, my car is totally in horizontal level.

+1, pretty much all BMWs will have a larger gap between the wheelarch and the tyre on the front eventhough the body of the car is bang on level, as i have discovered when i decided to set the wheel arch gaps all the same on my E46, the sill is at least an inch lower to the ground on the front than it is on the back
I post mines (only petrol ones, rare in France ) :

my first car (no picture in my hands, sorry) was a VW Polo Fancy (rare model, only 2 years of production :schwitz from 1989, red .
A powerful FWD with a 1050cc producing 40bhp

My second car was a Peugeot 207 with a 1.6L producing 110bhp, from 2006.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/207pi.jpg/

My "new" car is Mercedes c class 55 amg, a rwd with a 5.4L V8 producing 367bhp => just a wonderful car to drive.
the car is from 2007, and (I hope) should achieve before the end of the year 100.000 Km.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/s1460003.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/s1460005.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/s1670006.jpg/

My wife has a Peugeot 308 2.0L T Diesel (:shrug, with 136bhp.
Need moar low?

Obligatory go faster sticker. Adds 50hp.

Quote from Flotch :my first car [...] a VW Polo Fancy [...] 1989 [...] with a 1050cc producing 40bhp

[...]second car was a Peugeot 207 with a 1.6L producing 110bhp

My "new" car is Mercedes c class 55 amg, a rwd with a 5.4L V8 producing 367bhp

I bet that was quite a big jump!
Quote from hrtburnout :Awesome. Does yours have a limited-slip differential?

unfortunately not. It is just the awful electric differential (called like this in France) : open differential with electronic applying brake on the spinning wheel ... quite, to not say very, disturbing
Quote from Jakg :I bet that was quite a big jump!

oh yes , finally a great engine
And it was the first time I drive a RWD (in real ). Very pleasant.
Even if the car has an automatic gearbox (what I was looking to avoid for it, but anyway when I saw this car, with all the options and such an engine, AND when I saw the smoothness of the automatic gearbox and the price => I say OK )...

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
Obligatory go faster sticker. Adds 50hp.

lol
got some new brakes and new summer tires (Bridgestone B250) some weeks ago, and was glad I did last night, when some polish driver decided to steer his Peugeot from the lay-by directly onto the left (fast lane) on the autobahn, right in front of me. I was doing 140km/h, he a humble 60km/h

With the old tires and brakes I definitely would have rear ended him
Went street drifting in a mates r31 tonight since it was raining.

Came out of an industrial area and went for one last corner, got it sideways, went into a manji, T intersection coming up, house on left (corner house) of t intersection, frontwheels somehow lost grip, and we started sliding towards the house, tapped the brake straightened the wheels and then yanked the handbrake and steered to the right and swung it back around the other way back towards the road. Came milimetres from ending up in the guys front lawn/house.

we then did donuts at the intersection and left in a victorious fashion of limiter bash creeping down the street sideways.

after that we called it a night

ONLY IN THE LIFE OF KLUTCH. STAY TUNED.
Quote from Klutch :Went street drifting in a mates r31 tonight since it was raining.

Came out of an industrial area and went for one last corner, got it sideways, went into a manji, T intersection coming up, house on left (corner house) of t intersection, frontwheels somehow lost grip, and we started sliding towards the house, tapped the brake straightened the wheels and then yanked the handbrake and steered to the right and swung it back around the other way back towards the road. Came milimetres from ending up in the guys front lawn/house.

we then did donuts at the intersection and left in a victorious fashion of limiter bash creeping down the street sideways.

after that we called it a night

ONLY IN THE LIFE OF KLUTCH. STAY TUNED.

Cool story bro.

This is Post your Car, not Post your made up action movie car drifting.

Seriously, you tell a story so detailed as if you just made it up now.
More to the point though, does anybody really give a shit?
Quote from PoVo :Cool story bro.

This is Post your Car, not Post your made up action movie car drifting.

Seriously, you tell a story so detailed as if you just made it up now.

You don't like Klutches adventures? Why?
i have noticed every time he goes drifting, or every time he goes for a night 'cruise' something horribly bad happens or in this case almost happens...how much of a hint does he need?

there must be some track around?

EDIT: thats a large crowd...how does it not get caught?
was the near miss in a relatively 'thought out' location? in the first 30 seconds the actions are in areas where nothing too bad can happen (except spectators)
not really, i just post the interesting stuff

doing stuff like this is dangerous, even on a track..instead of hitting a tyre wall and going into a sandtrap sideways and flipping it, you just have poles and ditches to hit.
its the risk you take for the thrills its gives
Quote from Klutch :doing stuff like this is dangerous, even on a track..instead of hitting a tyre wall and going into a sandtrap sideways and flipping it, you just have poles and ditches to hit.
its the risk you take for the thrills its gives

So you have a paramedics and firefighters a minute away to help you when you slide into a pole or crash into someone's house? Also, I went to a drifting/racing event at a track near me, and the only bad accident I saw happen was a SpecE30 car flipping over. But it was very low speed, just due to a poorly placed embankment. But do you know what he had? A helmet, roll cage, and 5pt racing harness. Who uses that safety equipment on the street?

Also, the drifting that I saw, the drivers also had helmets, roll cages, 5pt harness, etc. And none of the drifters crashed into any static objects that I can remember, despite a few of them going onto the dirt a few times. They also hit one another a few times. Then again, those drivers were actual drifters (XDC), not kids doing burnouts on public roads.
plenty of the cars i ride in have cages..
Quote from Klutch :plenty of the cars i ride in have cages..

Nice, so they have nice hard tubing for you to smash your head open on in a crash.
*yawn*

do you shout at children to get off your lawn too, or just cars?
Quote from PoVo :Oh so now you drove the car and recorded at the same time?

Seems legit.

I don't think Klutch ever claims to be driving the cars - I don't even know if he has one atm.
Quote from Klutch :*yawn*

do you shout at children to get off your lawn too, or just cars?

well, ive no problem getting a spare cage out of the shed, bolting it in wirth all safety gear, ill be harnessed you wont, ill slide at 20-40 mph @ 50+ degrees into a static object or tap into something and watch you're head smash the poles.

maybe that'll knock sense into you as i walk away with a bruse or two and you... well... might be pretty at the end of it all ?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG