The online racing simulator
These are generated sounds I think?
"*BANG* but Unfortunately the engine has um.. has failed!"

Looks and sounds awesome, time to sign up for that Beta.
Quote from atledreier :These are generated sounds I think?

Mm I'm sure they are recorded, as I remember seeing videos of them recording sounds from their own cars?

But they may well be, not sure tbh..
That's an incredible range of sounds and variations to record, if the sounds do as advertised.
No, they are generated, we gave up on recordings.

You could import your own sounds, but its a lot of work!
Quote from Daffyflyer :No, they are generated, we gave up on recordings.

You could import your own sounds, but its a lot of work!

Oh right that's cool!

Will there be variable valve timing? is it possible to see the torque curve in real time?

Also is it possible to get the car to bounce the rev limiter at the end of the run?
Have you guys thought about adding a racing programme to the game? Making and selling race cars? By racing programme I mean like once you have way too much money you could do few special events where you need to spend metric tons of money (le mans, F1, nascar etc.) to develop and sell a racing car. Or run it by yourself. Having such system could add nice marketing aspect into the game.

Also since you have engine dyno have you thought about adding wind tunnels and suspension shaker rigs?
Quote from lukelfs :Oh right that's cool!

Will there be variable valve timing? is it possible to see the torque curve in real time?

Also is it possible to get the car to bounce the rev limiter at the end of the run?

There is VVT and VVL yes.

You can't see the torque curve in real time as we decided it'd be too annoying to wait for the engine to do a full run every time.

We're still tweaking the sounds and plan to add a starter motor sound, and some lift off backfire for highly tuned engines, probably a rev limiter too
Quote from Hyperactive :Have you guys thought about adding a racing programme to the game? Making and selling race cars? By racing programme I mean like once you have way too much money you could do few special events where you need to spend metric tons of money (le mans, F1, nascar etc.) to develop and sell a racing car. Or run it by yourself. Having such system could add nice marketing aspect into the game.

Also since you have engine dyno have you thought about adding wind tunnels and suspension shaker rigs?

We'd LOVE to do a factory race team manager aspect, It'd be a future expansion though I'd say, we need to finish the basics of the game first.

Wind tunnels we've considered, and would love at some point, but probably don't have time. Suspension shaker rigs is a new idea though, and would probably show off our suspension physics nicely (we'll have a think on that one)
Quote from Daffyflyer :There is VVT and VVL yes.

You can't see the torque curve in real time as we decided it'd be too annoying to wait for the engine to do a full run every time.

We're still tweaking the sounds and plan to add a starter motor sound, and some lift off backfire for highly tuned engines, probably a rev limiter too

That's awesome!

Ah right, would it be possible to add a option where you can choose whether to watch it in real time?

That sounds great too, really cannot wait for this
Quote from lukelfs :
Ah right, would it be possible to add a option where you can choose whether to watch it in real time?

That's something I've been attempting to convince my programmer/co-designer to impliment, but its very low on the priority list right now.
Quote from Daffyflyer :That's something I've been attempting to convince my programmer/co-designer to impliment, but its very low on the priority list right now.

Ah right, looking forward to the demo
Quote from daffyflyer :We know a lot of you are keen to get your hands on something playable, so here is an update on where we're at with releasing an Open Beta.

We want to get something playable out for you ASAP, and as the car designer isn't really ready for release yet and still needs a lot of polishing and tweaking this could take a while.

As such, we've decided we will go back to our original plan of releasing the engine designer first, as its very close to being complete.

Currently, we just need to finish tweaking some stats, impliment a few tutorial features, do a bit of general polishing work, and get a few licencing things sorted out and then the engine designer is ready to play.

Once all this is sorted out we will release the engine designer. Those of you who preordered through rockethub will be the first to receive it, and once everything is working well for them, we'll release it as an open beta for all to play.

Those of you who have preordered will also be able to build V8s (which should be in the beta a few weeks after we release it) whereas the open beta users will only have inline 4 engines to build.

This will be followed by a release of the car designer open beta, but this still requires quite a lot of work before it's ready to release.

Thanks for your patience as we work towards getting Automation finished!

http://automationgame.com/node/91

Cool.
can't wait to play with it
I'm amazed how excited you guys are just by the engine designer demo
Quote from Daffyflyer :I'm amazed how excited you guys are just by the engine designer demo

It's a rare thing to play with!

how many games have there been (in the past decade specifically) that let you take some shitty motor and toy with it, blow it up, and then make it like a multi ten thousand dollar engine! lol
Quote from XCNuse :It's a rare thing to play with!

how many games have there been (in the past decade specifically) that let you take some shitty motor and toy with it, blow it up, and then make it like a multi ten thousand dollar engine! lol

True! and the lust for games like that is the reason we made it!
Up/Bump/(however you want to call this)

Any news?
E: Cool, they are livestreaming what they are doing: livestream
Pre-Ordered Forge Induction Edition. Cannot wait!
Oh yeah, that vid is super old, we've done loads since then, but it is still amusing to watch us build a car after a few too many beers

Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
(308 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG