The online racing simulator
@mike, i like the scene, dunno if its just too dark or if its just my monitor

@thunder child; try and use better lighting if your going to use a picture for a background like that; your going to have to get a few lights (not just 1) and get some more red lighting over where the sun would be to make it look more realistic, then give the lights opposite of the red light a light blueish to give it that color of a reflecting sky
OK....couldn't restist., had to do one with an Eagle Babe....

First Render
Here's my first render with my favourite FZR skin (not made by me).

I cheated and used one of Ian's magic scenes
Attached images
fzrrender.jpg
I like it.
Skin is very nice.
#855 - Don
Quote from Thunder Child :OK....couldn't restist., had to do one with an Eagle Babe....

the quality of the "background" pic kills it, but with better pic on bg it would be cool
check www.motogp.com i remember few years ago they had hires track pictures there...
First Render
Here's my first render with my favourite FZR skin (not made by me).

Attached images
fzrrender.jpg
Quote from ERRUPT :Here's my first render with my favourite FZR skin (not made by me).

Quote from KeMoT :

nice contributing post.
Quote from snewham :nice contributing post.

He has posted the same two times... kinda weird...
oh btw tristan; your on, i started at 9:45 my time (1:45 PM GMT)

finished all the mapping on it in an hour.. that was a pain in the royal ass... owell
Quote from Don :the quality of the "background" pic kills it, but with better pic on bg it would be cool
check www.motogp.com i remember few years ago they had hires track pictures there...

Thanks Don, you are absolutly right. I have had a time finding decent hi res pics. motogp looks to be a good resource.
Here is my my FZRs with my dream house
Attached images
FZR_with_house 5.jpg
FZR_with_house 6.jpg
Quote from XCNuse :oh btw tristan; your on, i started at 9:45 my time (1:45 PM GMT)

finished all the mapping on it in an hour.. that was a pain in the royal ass... owell

Can't wait
Quote from samyip :Here is my my FZRs with my dream house

you wouldnt park your FZR's on the grass would you?
edit:

doublepost...
sorry
Not parking. Posing in front of the house on the grass, what is wrong with that? As long as not wheel spinning on the grass that is OK
Quote from Righteous :I use lightwave 3d orion, I love using Depth of field in my renders, adds a lot of realism i think.. Just takes a few extra passes That one only took about an hour to render though, so I am pleased with that.

I dont generally do anything with photoshopt to my renders. Its all done with the renderer

Having fun making a track at the moment, looking forward to showing you guys some sneek peeks

Here are some rims I just modelled to keep you occupied in the mean time

kiss my ass, i LOVE these rims !

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... ;thumb=1&d=1152453338
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... ;thumb=1&d=1152453194
I'm really pissed off now, formatted and my 3Ds scenes didnt backup!!! :banghead:

But i started to work on a new scene, FXO this time, gonna get the car done then move onto enviroments

Rims were done by me from scratch (with a walkthrough from viper-gt cheers for that dude) and im really pleased with them, especially because they are my first actual model i have created! They are still a WIP btw... and how do i get the black square to dissapear from the brake pads? i've tried everything i know but nothing has worked.

Also, Don: Did you model that woman or did you download her from somewhere?

David
Attached images
rend.jpg
Quote from KeMoT :He has posted the same two times... kinda weird...

Sorry I didn't realise I posted it already, I was at school and had another window open and thought it didn't post.
I am dreaming on.....
Attached images
FZR_with_house 5 copy.jpg
FZR_with_house 6 copy.jpg
sorry tristan; i quickly got bored with the whole UVW mapping and everything and thats what i've been doing this whole time and so i pretty much just gave up

heres 2 simple scenes i made up for it and .. mapped.. practically everything (but the car body.. tires i had to redo and all)

carbon fiber didn't come out as well as i hoped.. using my own texture for that and all... kinda a mess it looks like

oh.. tires are modeled; not displaced
only thing displaced is the grass on the first render

.. who needs cheap scenes
Attached images
bf1-1.jpg
bf1-2.jpg
the carbon looks really silly in th efirst pic, plz fix that :P
it destroys the great pic
Can't say I'm that impressed to be honest Nuse, I think Kid did a pretty good job for two days (and I bet it was more like two hours per day at most). Yours still looks like a plastic model, whereas his has a bit more life to it.

Not saying yours is crap, just not as good as Kids yet, and you did say Kids wasn't very good.
right..

i also got bored of working on it after a few hours lol; thats only about 5 hours or less of work having to put it together.. kinda hard to focus on something else and then do this simultaneously; i dont see what you think looks "plastic" about it; carbon fiber landed up being a test with a shellac and a standard with bump and a vray for reflection... it didn't quite come out as well

that and for some reason on the first render with the track; the textures kept blurring in strange places.. owell im not going to worry

@orion; im not to worried about LFS and renders; we have enough people that can learn how to render .. better persay than they are now

as of right now im more focused on my modeling
and .. not enjoying having to work on LFS models when i dont need to lol; i just see them as work more than enjoyment.. thats why i gave up, because it was just boring me seeing a car i race almost every other day or so on a game
Sometimes it is easier to criticise than showing it yourself. But I can see Nuse has already put a great effort in there which they are not too bad..

For the carbon fiber texture, it may improved if you check the 'Summed Area' filter on your bitmap texture (see attached)

Apart from the carbon fiber and the displacement grass being a bit large, I quite like the first image, lighting is good and I could see you have done a good job on the tyres (although they are not highly polished ones)
Attached images
filtering.jpg
summed.jpg
pyramidal.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG