The online racing simulator
Quote from Streets Ghost :where can I download man to the 3dmax

You know...there is google out there
Search "3ds max" and first result is what you need.

That would have taken you less time than typing that message here
YES! I MADE IT! I FIGURED HOW TO MERGE IT! illepall
:laola::laola:
:bounce8::bounce8:
:smileyrai
I PUT AN XRT IN MY ROOM! YAY!
Nevermind the CAPS please
Also: a 1600*1200 for wallpaper
And a 1280*1024 for LCD 5:4 wallpaper
Attached images
lol2car.jpg
lolcar1600.jpg
lolcar1280_1024.jpg
Quote from Funnycat :I PUT AN XRT IN MY ROOM! YAY!

Could be better Atm it's not fitting very well there. Bit to bright.
a render i made whith a model i found

http://www.premiumwanadoo.com/ypso/lfs/miniature2.jpg

does someone can help me to map tyre sidewall for renders ? UVW map +logoalpha.dds on side polys of tyre with a new mat ID does nothing, i probably do something wrong

thnks
Is it better now?
Attached images
DSC04028 copy.jpg
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
The second car for Nitrojunkies..nothing fancy just haven't had time.
Attached images
FZ5NJL.jpg
Streets Ghost: nice stuff

Davo: looks like a screenshot with modified sky texture, not like a render
Quote from ORION :
Davo: looks like a screenshot with modified sky texture, not like a render

I've never seen that much detail in the windshield wipers in the game..
Quote from BWX232 :I've never seen that much detail in the windshield wipers in the game..

It's the same texture as in game by the looks of it, so maybe you never looked?
if you like,than have a look into my teammates´teamgarage
Attached images
schofei-garage.jpg
schofei2.jpg
Quote from BWX232 :I've never seen that much detail in the windshield wipers in the game..

The actual wiper is identical - both texture and poly.
It has got a shadow though, which might be post processing.
It's a render with a HDRI sunset sky as the lighting.

Sorry guys wrong thread, should be in render my skin.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's the same texture as in game by the looks of it, so maybe you never looked?

Quote from Davo :It's a render

Render, yes. But the same texture.
Yes, it's a render. Using the LFS textures and CMX's. So it's the same as in game, just with a different rendering engine (in terms of models and textures).

Which bit of this amazingly simple concept did you find hard to understand?
Quote from tristancliffe :just with a different rendering engine (in terms of models and textures).
Which bit of this amazingly simple concept did you find hard to understand?

Maybe it is your condescending avatar you don't understand? illepall Trolling for a flame-war are we?

I said it looks more detailed than a screenshot, and the end result of it being a render is that it is in fact more detailed. Go look at a screenshot and go look at the RENDER. It is easy to tell the difference between the two.
It's no more detailed that a screenshot in terms of the model used (i.e. the complexity of the wiper arms) nor the textures use. So when you said you'd never seen wipers that detailed in game we had to summise that you'd never looked.

Of course it is easy to tell the difference between the two, but with regards the wipers (but not the lighting applied) they are the same.
easy guys...
the render only looks more detailed because the wiper has a drop shadow (as I said before already )
-
(Nester 076) DELETED by Nester 076 : wrong thread
opps sorry wrong thread , supposed to go in the "render my skin" thread. thats what i get for posting at work,lol
Quote from Nester 076 :Anybody want to render these if they get time? Im a noob illepall so if things dont line up right dont be too harsh on me . I hope these are somewhat original.

Wrong thread, bud There's a "Render my skin" thread for requests
Quote from tristancliffe : So when you said you'd never seen wipers that detailed in game we had to summise that you'd never looked.

I guess I just don't understand your hostility.
Neither do I sometimes - I'm human, and emotions out of LFS can and do effect my/our postings. Remember, it's never a dig at YOU (unless I specifically say so :razz but at your posts. With that rule we can all be friends no matter how heated the argument gets (until I resort to being personal, which I do enjoy doing now and again :razz
First Render
Here is my first attempt at a render (besides the standard car on a plane renders of course).

I'm just starting to learn 3ds, it's a fun tool.

I converted one of the brazil scenes over to mental ray so that I could use 3ds9 (actually that was the hardest part).
Attached images
fernbay_render.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG