The online racing simulator
Woa.. you got me there, that is very strange!

@Boekanier it isn't, it's a refraction problem, well.. there is actually a reflection problem too, it doesn't reflect period!
Hah! at least im not the only one that dont know wth... well ill try to do something later on.For now here is a little close up on the tyre.
Attached images
im back 3.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :Hah! at least im not the only one that dont know wth... well ill try to do something later on.For now here is a little close up on the tyre.

the center of your rim really sucks.
your tyre material doesn't seems real
buck77
THIS #77 IS ME AT INTERLAGOS TRACK - BRAZIL! \o/

Akira made his AWESOME work again!!

Thank you very much for that!!!
You rock!!!!
Quote from leonardo555 :the center of your rim really sucks.
your tyre material doesn't seems real

ok,why,and why?
Quote from e2mustang :ok,why,and why?

Center cap on your wheels, they all pinch together and you have smoothing, the best way to fix this, is to chamfer the edge, and instead of having triangles go to center, just make one big poly with like .. however many edges (make it a solid poly instead of a bunch of triangles)

tire material, try and use a standard material and make it a bit darker, it looks like plastic right now, it is WAY to reflective
RC Akira, love your style of rendering. Your scenes differ from others and stands out well. Something different at least. Another great render from you.
Quote from andRo. :RC Akira, love your style of rendering. Your scenes differ from others and stands out well. Something different at least. Another great render from you.

level of realism
@ -Akira-

Mmmm.. nice
Very thx.
Quote from XCNuse :Center cap on your wheels, they all pinch together and you have smoothing, the best way to fix this, is to chamfer the edge, and instead of having triangles go to center, just make one big poly with like .. however many edges (make it a solid poly instead of a bunch of triangles)

tire material, try and use a standard material and make it a bit darker, it looks like plastic right now, it is WAY to reflective

aight it will stay like that,its good for me,i dont know anything in max,i didnt make the rim,neither the tires,but i can make that tire better.

EDIT: ok how about this tire?
Attached images
tire.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :aight it will stay like that,its good for me,i dont know anything in max,i didnt make the rim,neither the tires,but i can make that tire better.

the rubber texture is still too reflective
Quote from e2mustang :aight it will stay like that,its good for me,i dont know anything in max,i didnt make the rim,neither the tires,but i can make that tire better.

from what I can see, I can't tell if it is reflective or not, if it isn't, I think it's good, I like it, a bit more specular would be nice but it's just fine how it is right now!
i compared the two tires side to side, and i cant see any difference
Quote from logitekg25 :i compared the two tires side to side, and i cant see any difference

Because you don't know what to look for

@r4ptor, the wheel model though isn't fixed, or are you just not going to worry about it? Up close it isn't pretty but from far back you will never notice it so.. not a big deal unless you keep making these up close shots of the wheel and tire
Quote from XCNuse :
@r4ptor, the wheel model though isn't fixed, or are you just not going to worry about it? Up close it isn't pretty but from far back you will never notice it so.. not a big deal unless you keep making these up close shots of the wheel and tire

Nuse, I think you have too much to worry about. I don't have anything to do with that. True story
Meh, I am giving up on these, losing patience finishing it up, so fly away with some teeny little piccies.

First car I modelled from scratch, didn't spend any time on paper really and hence it's sort of a "design as I model" generic coupe....didn't work out the body to wheel proportion until late as well. And by adding more verticles than I can chew, it isn't very clean. (and very frustrating to fix in later stages)
Attached images
coupe1.jpg
coupe2.jpg
coupe3.jpg
coupe4.jpg
Damn, that's why you should draw sketches or at least have general design in mind before starting to model it.
It looks very nice,please dont give up!
(btw thats how i was with my scirocco 24 gt,lost interrest,than gf came,so no time for modelling,but it wants me to come back )
I am starting a new roadster, want to do it properly this time around, will post some WIP when I have something to show.
Quote from JJ72 :Meh, I am giving up on these, losing patience finishing it up, so fly away with some teeny little piccies.

First car I modelled from scratch, didn't spend any time on paper really and hence it's sort of a "design as I model" generic coupe....didn't work out the body to wheel proportion until late as well. And by adding more verticles than I can chew, it isn't very clean. (and very frustrating to fix in later stages)

Your car model is really nice but your car material...
Fix it and then it will be perfect
@JJ Yea paper some sketches, they don't need to be amazing drawings, they just need to be key portions of the car like headlight design and a rear pillar or something to problem solve, the rest can be worked by improv.

Materials can use some work.

But my main concern is your modeling, that is a VERY bumpy model to say the least.

Next time post an unsmoothed wireframe shot and I can point out some places for you to improve.

Oh by the way, make a different thread or something too, this thread is for LFS cars (hence the title )
hey guys = )

Attached images
F1 Chrome01.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG