The online racing simulator
First event that I done in a long time. And I never driven the track earlier than quali.

I also haven't really raced the XRT in 2 years, however it was superb fun!

I absolutally loved the layout, was great one!

The combo was hard but fun, and it took me very long to get into a good flow.

The flow started when the race started, and I enjoyed overtaking some people in the opening laps.

Sadly I got to enthiausistic after that and started making mistakes...

Than I took a short sattle, and went to break my PB from 3:09 to 3:02.

The race finished and I finished so, yea, good stuff.

Thanks Rony!
Yeah, was fun event and combination. But Niki was quite overwhelming. :|
anyone save replay?

would like to see fight between flame and Al.
Event rating and statistics updated! I still happen to be the rating leader (of course just because of 100% attendance ) and Niki made now 7 countrys to have a winner of RTFRi.

That's great that so many drivers had fun,which is the main idea of a fun race! Also I'm happy that my sudden brainstorm happened to be a good idea of track! See ya in two weeks same time,same place,or possibly earlier (in other place and time )!
26th RTFRi info
13. dec., 2011.

In the "lucky" 13th date we take the slowest LFS car for the spin - it's time to race the 1.0 liter,55 horsepowers powerful UF 1000! And this race going to be a drafting battle - 2 quite fast straights gives opportunity to sit behind the opponent,get a tow and pass him easily! Or not - as one of the straigts starts with a tricky kink,other features a pretty big bump - the track is Fern Bay National,which differs from FE Gold by cutting it's final section and going over the bumpy,slighlty bended straight. Fastest times expected to be under 1:40. Track is taken from New Open Track Configurations thread,just added some lines and braking markers for the turn after railway straight without changing splits (so I don't feel need to attach the layout here).
Track feels very fast and wide for this car,should be an easy task to drive without mistakes,but be careful,as close racing could give some unexpected situations!
Relatively boring track. Seams like RHS driver was costing a bit too much time in last sector, but I'm proud of yet another pole position and a podium finish.
Good drive Reno. See you, hopefully on a more fun combo next time.

Don't forget to check my3id's site for a flying action screeny in our multimedia section.
Results of 26th RTFRi
Qualification:

Race:

Statistics / Event rating and other statistics

Unfortunately,this race didn't turn out in drafting battles through long straights,instead most of drivers spread out quite quickly and the race turned out as rather boring struggle to not make mistakes. As stated by himself in a post above,My3id Gaming's N.Ðaković scored his 2nd successive pole position in his 2nd appearance in RTFRi events,but he could not convert it in 2nd win in row (so Kars still stays as the only back-to-back winner) because of spdo estonian driver's Reno's performance in race - he took the lead at start/finish straight right at the end of lap 4 and never let anyone pass,scoring his 3rd RTFRi win and his 4th fastest lap of the race,tying Litro for most fastest laps. Bulgarian GenR. driver Krasi improved his previous best position by finishing 3rd in his 2nd race,Finland's V.Pitkänen scored his 2nd top 5 finish in 2nd appearance,but Latvian driver Pacans managed to score his 4th top 5 finish by finishing 5th this evening,tying his best position again.

In two weeks time we will have a race with my favourite car in one of my favourite tracks! Which,where and why - you'll get to know when it's time!
27th RTFRi info
27. dec., 2011.

As I said,this one will be with my favourite car - the Formula V8! Why? It's fast,it's powerful and the driver is the one,who has to deal with it - no driving aids,just pure racing! And this is one of my favourite tracks - Aston Historic! Why? It's fast (yeah,again same reason :P),tricky and has quite an elevation to make it interesting! And why exactly this race has to be made with something what's my favourite? Let's just say it's some sort of a celebration on an anniversary - 4 years before in holidays between X-mas and new year I had my first experience with LFS online racing! Before I tried the demo stuff offline,wasn't too impressed about the XRG and XFG,it felt so uninteresting,then I had a chance to get online with full stuff and got addicted almost instantly! But don't bother to check my online stats to have a laugh at my crappy laptimes (like 1:40 in Westhill and SO4 or 1:45 in KY2 with GTRs ),since it was a with a different licence anyway!

Ok,enough sentimental stories,let's go racing,see ya on track!
Man you always select cars which I can't drive If it was FOX I would have hoped in
when server will be online ?
Soon - around 16:00 EET.

Edit: already is online!
Results of 27th RTFRi
Qualification:

Race:

Statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated little later)

Even if this car is quite hard to control,attendance was pretty high - today qualified 5 times more drivers than in previous FO8 race! Today were set some impresive streaks - N.Ðaković scored his 3rd pole position in row,beating both Kars' and Litro's 2-in-row streaks and Reno won a second race in row,becoming 2nd driver to achieve it,first was again Kars! Even though Niki took the best starting position,he couldn't hold off Kristi,who went for an overtake in the uphill section,both made contact,giving Reno the opportunity to take lead,which he never gave up for the rest of the race. First time attendant Kristi,who seems has signed up with spdo recently (I guess yet to be conformed :shrug,finished in solid 2nd,never really letting Reno escape too far,but after all the troubles,N.Ðaković fought back up to 3rd in finish,setting the fastest lap of the race in last lap. And this race was the fastest RTFRi ever by far - with average speed of 226km/h,I hope you enjoyed the speed!
Could be a good race for me too,had the pace (4th best lap),but couldn't stay out of troubles early... But still - 4 years in LFS for me are done,I hope I can achieve something big in next 4 finally!

And this race rounds up the first year of RTFR international edition - a total of over 170 drivers have competed at least in 1 event,even almost half haven't finished one though. Thanks to everyone for taking part,hopefully having fun and see you only next year (in two weeks )!
Thanks for organising.

Race was fun but Lady Luck wasen't with me this time - had two accidents becose I was in the wrong place in the wrong time. First I had spin while Niki was joining the track and I had no opportunity to pass him, so I spun. Lost precious time in the first lap...
Second time it was pre-last's lap last corner, when car infront me made tires move, so again I had nothing to do, so I hitted the tires which made me spin.

Overall it was nice to race actually, only openwheeler combo that I really liked and enjoyed.
Nice racing there! A shame for the contact with niki in the really beginnings.
The last car I would expect to be on pole position, but I liked the car, I liked the grip and the speed. It's just such a shame that Kristi went in a bit too hot and missed the second apex, or perhaps that I didn't pull back for a switch back... but it was what it was and poor Karl got hurt the most out of it.

It was a great fun chasing the pack down after that horror lap 1, even with the damaged rear right wheel and toe!

Have a visit to my3id's site once again for a tight screeny in our multimedia section.
Event rating and other statistics finally udated,was too lazy to do it yesterday... I'm still leading though!

Anyway,since one year is over,so I though I make a little statistical recap:

27 races have been organized where a total of 176 drivers have taken part in at least one race,95 have finished at least in one of those. Most active driver (beside me with 100% attendance of course) was my teammate Carbon,who took part in 21 events,finishing in 19 of them,but the most active non-latvian drivers are Estonian Reno and Flame from Czech Republic,both have taken part only in 5 events and both have finished 4 of them.

15 drivers have won at least 1 race,6 of them are multiple winners,most wins have 2 drivers - Reno and Troy with 4 wins each. 14 drivers have managed to be the fastest in qualifying,best of them is Litro with 6 pole positions. 17 drivers have scored the fastest lap of the race,both Reno and Troy sharing the top here too with 4 fastest laps each. Latvian driver Kars has finished more then everyone else in top5 - 10 times,3 of them are wins. Also let's mention some streaks - only 2 drivers have achieved back-to-back wins - Kars and most recently Reno,who will have a chance to make it 3 in row,as his streak is still open. 3 poles in row have been taken by N.Ðaković,he also has a chance to extend this streak in next race. Interesting that noone has made fastest lap 2 races in row,Niki at the moment has the best chance to be the first. Most top5 finishes in row have been made from the one,who has most of them - Kars,who finished in top5 in first 6 RTFRi races.

A total of 34 countrys have been represented (2 drivers had put "other" to their profile),most drivers from single country of course was hosting nation's - Latvia with 30 drivers (not that we can gather at least half of them together in one race for some serious national race ),followed by Finland with 19 and Germany with 17 drivers. 7 countrys have a driver,who has won at least one race,Latvia is leading with 15 wins,followed by neighbours Estonia and single driver (guess who?) country Switzerland with 4 wins a piece. Also pole position and fastest lap charts are quite dominated by Latvia.

Now about other stats - the longest race in terms of distance was held yesterday - the Formula V8 race at Aston Historic was 121.5km long,since all races are calculated to just exceed half of hour length,it was also the fastest race,averaging 226km/h from the race winner Reno. Shortest and slowest race was held with MRT at custom track in Autocross area - 37 lap race around 1.4km long Rony's AU Course 1 had only 51.8km total distance and race winner Vincper finished with a average speed of 97km/h.

The most attended race was 25th RTFRi,held with XRT at custom track - Aston Grand North Reversed Alternate,featuring 2 custom chicanes - a total of 27 drivers qualified (even more tried to),24 started and 21 finished. This race was also streamed live from Thilo's perspective. Some races weren't that much attended - 2 of them had only 5 drivers qualified,2 - just 4 finishers. In 3 races have finished all drivers that started,unfortunately 7 is the biggest amount of drivers in 100% finisher races. The lowest rate of finishers was in the most messy race,held with UFR at South City Chicane Route Reversed,where only half of 16 starters finished.

The closest finish was (of course) in the only oval race,held with XRG - A.Jonaitis beat Invecs only by 0.09 of a second at the finish line,the closest finish at road course was held with other XR car XRR at Aston Deep North Speedtrack,where C.Kistner was just 0.72s ahead of Juris. Interesting that both next closest finishes were with LX4 cars,who knows is this some pattern or just coincidents. The biggest win margin of victory was 1 whole lap,when Reno beat all the slow asses at first ever open configuration race with FXR at Fern Bay Oldskuul,a partially gravel track.

In all 27 races a total of 563 laps were run,83 of them (14.64%) have been led by Litro,followed by Reno with just 2 laps less. 23 drivers have led at least one lap.

Well,that's about in terms of various statistics,thanks to everyone for participating,see you in next year!
Quote from N I K I :The last car I would expect to be on pole position, but I liked the car, I liked the grip and the speed. It's just such a shame that Kristi went in a bit too hot and missed the second apex, or perhaps that I didn't pull back for a switch back... but it was what it was and poor Karl got hurt the most out of it.

It was a great fun chasing the pack down after that horror lap 1, even with the damaged rear right wheel and toe!

Have a visit to my3id's site once again for a tight screeny in our multimedia section.

I rechecked it and in my point of view you turned in too much to the 2nd apex, not leaving me any space hence my car started to leave the inside line. Actually, I was 10kph slower than you, so I doubt that i failed to take the right speed Anyway, this happened.
Quote from Kristi :I rechecked it and in my point of view you turned in too much to the 2nd apex, not leaving me any space hence my car started to leave the inside line. Actually, I was 10kph slower than you, so I doubt that i failed to take the right speed Anyway, this happened.

Here are few screenshots, just prior to contact.
http://localhostr.com/file/6O7 ... ri_fo8_kristi_onboard.jpg
http://localhostr.com/file/gIg ... tfri_fo8_niki_onboard.jpg
http://localhostr.com/file/AUapy7p/rtfri_fo8_tvcam.jpg
And here are my conclusions:
I left you the inside curb entirely free for the second apex (visible with my onboard cam), carrying quite a bit of speed since I would use the grippier and the less bumpy part of the track.
You're going in with enough speed just to stay slightly ahead of me (taking the curb only probably), but its too much speed because there is a bigger dip on your side on the rise on your side (visible with tv cam), which sends you into understeer and then you turn as much as you can, but the car is already understeering and we're destined to make contact.

P.S. I'm coming to get you Rony.
28th RTFRi info
10. jan., 2012.

Just like 1st year,the second starts with the first event being held at Fern Bay Black configuration,just this time it will be the "right" way round and featuring a bit faster car - the front wheel drive FXO. It's an easy car to drive,but it's quite hard to drive it really fast and the hardest - to drive fast for longer time,as tyres will become an issue if pushed to the limits for too long,so control your pace for better overall performance!
Quote from Eclipsed :27. dec., 2011.

Great scot, I need to get my flux compecitor calibrated!
Fixed now...
What is the server password?

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race (thread of 1st-218th / 2011-2019)
(1442 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG