The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :Just casual private races, nothing more...

so they're still not fed up with LFS, good news
Quote from ACCAkut :so they're still not fed up with LFS, good news

.. or they just checked to see if it's still working
Thoughts
I normally don't bother to post anymore, coming here every few weeks or months to see what's up, never get online as other things take precedence and I've lost any small amount of skill I once did

But I do wish the impossibly difficult type physics would get done and released. We know Scawen is a perfectionist, so will he be battering his head up against the wall for the next 100 years trying to get theses physics 100 % right before we get to see em?

Perfection cannot be achieved, so we have a dilemma, at what point does Scawen get close enough to realise it's an infinite work, like getting these physics 100 % won't happen cause of infinitesimal variations etc. I think it's like calculating the value of PI to it's absolute end it cannot be done within a reasonable time period.

I'm not whining or having a go at Scawen and his quest for the best he can give, I admire that, but at some point the poor man is going to burn out or have a nervous breakdown and we won't get anything?

Ok. Scawen, I know you're out there watching . Can we encourage you to make a decision to accept the physics you have done at a reasonable percentage of perfect (95%) ???? and release all the delayed stuff and content and move on to getting those AI to enter and leave pits without crashing and clogging the lanes I need the AI to practice with as my wireless connection sux.

Cheers Shannon
Judging by the time the physics have been in development they better be than real life.

I'm pretty sure Scawen is trying to do the best physics of all time and I'm pretty sure they are already better than EVERY other game out there and the road to perfection, as ShannonN said, is infinite.

I had to spend the 14€ I had reserved for S3 since it was announced on C.A.R.S. because I got tired of waiting and because I like their "open" model of development.
Quote from ShannonN :...Can we encourage you to make a decision to accept the physics you have done at a reasonable percentage of perfect (95%) ???? ...

Aren't the test patches meant for exactly this purpose?
*mind's eye sees test patch forum popping up*
Quote from ShannonN :I normally don't bother to post anymore, coming here every few weeks or months to see what's up, never get online as other things take precedence and I've lost any small amount of skill I once did

But I do wish the impossibly difficult type physics would get done and released. We know Scawen is a perfectionist, so will he be battering his head up against the wall for the next 100 years trying to get theses physics 100 % right before we get to see em?

Perfection cannot be achieved, so we have a dilemma, at what point does Scawen get close enough to realise it's an infinite work, like getting these physics 100 % won't happen cause of infinitesimal variations etc. I think it's like calculating the value of PI to it's absolute end it cannot be done within a reasonable time period.

I'm not whining or having a go at Scawen and his quest for the best he can give, I admire that, but at some point the poor man is going to burn out or have a nervous breakdown and we won't get anything?

Ok. Scawen, I know you're out there watching . Can we encourage you to make a decision to accept the physics you have done at a reasonable percentage of perfect (95%) ???? and release all the delayed stuff and content and move on to getting those AI to enter and leave pits without crashing and clogging the lanes I need the AI to practice with as my wireless connection sux.

Cheers Shannon

I think you are right and that's the reason why we still don't have the tyre physics update. Scawen, the perfectionist that he is, still didn't get to the final digit of Pi, hence his tyre physics calculations are still not precise enough.

Just 3.14 the sumbitch ffs!
Yawn. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Back to iRacing.

See you all in another six months when I come back to check.
Only one month left to christmas and Scawen is still pretending to be dead :/
Zombie coader
We're all gonna have a lonely christmas without S3.
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by ImudilaSkyline
#162 - Rob
Same as it ever was.

Just popped in to see if there was any news and see that nothing has changed.

Every November/December people seem to expect something new to come out, as though Christmas is what Scawen is waiting for...

I doubt the devs care less about giving players a seasonal update. They seem to have an "it's done, when it's done" approach, which is to be respected, but is a crap way to treat players and won't ever make LFS the success it might otherwise be, if they had released regularly and used beta/test patches to try out new ideas (not just netcode refinements).

Will check back next year, but tbh just expect the continued decay of a once decent racer. Seems the competition has eaten LFS' breakfast and taken the community with it...

Rob
S3 will be a great Christmas gift for all of us...

But listen people The reason why Devs dont post on the forum every week is because there probably spending most of the time their time working on lfs. Lets just hope that s3 will come out this year...
Questions regarding LFS development
(Translate ----> Reality)
When will S3 be releaced

How realistic are these new tire physics going to be? Will WR charts have to be cleared? Is it that different, or will there be little difference outside of longer runs?
Quote from Cornys :Questions regarding LFS development
(Translate ----> Reality)
When will S3 be releaced

How realistic are these new tire physics going to be? Will WR charts have to be cleared? Is it that different, or will there be little difference outside of longer runs?

The WR charts where always and will always be resetted with every physics update, no matter how small or big they will be .

When will it come?
Quote from ShannonN :

Sums it up prittey well.

btw, he once said he won't be beating his head against a wall anymore so....
Quote from Cornys :How realistic are these new tire physics going to be?

Rumors say that new LFS tire physics will be more realistic than real tires. Reality compared to LFS will look like Ridge Racer, 100% arcade.

Quote from John5200 :btw, he once said he won't be beating his head against a wall anymore so....

He lied!
Da beest het dien hele schoffel gesloopt!

That beast has destroyed the whole sim!
Quote :But listen people The reason why Devs dont post on the forum every week is because there probably spending most of the time their time working on lfs. Lets just hope that s3 will come out this year...

Or playing COD
Quote from Flame CZE :His las post was on the 15th October, in the mod section though.

not helping
forget about the development of LFS. It is better to have the editor tracks and cars and sell this software for 300 euros.
Evolution slowed down, for 3 years nothing was done. This year, the LFS S3 will not. Predicted output S3 3 years ago, two years ago, a year ago, no one guessed wrong.
Would go-karting and would enjoy and runs at autocross and fun races.
Cheaters in online divorced a lot, there is no insurance against them, paying for that money? to play a little bit and everything ...? desire to chase is gone as long and enthusiastic developers. These mythical large tires add to the contents do not, six months maximum skate and will require all weather, live tracks, crumbling machines and live team of service pits and putting away the debris from the road.
look at the reality of development, development is not there. And when will the no one knows.
It was the best simulator 2005. It's 6-7 years ago.
Quote from Dmitry[RUS] :forget about the development of LFS. It is better to have the editor tracks and cars and sell this software for 300 euros.
Evolution slowed down, for 3 years nothing was done. This year, the LFS S3 will not. Predicted output S3 3 years ago, two years ago, a year ago, no one guessed wrong.
Would go-karting and would enjoy and runs at autocross and fun races.
Cheaters in online divorced a lot, there is no insurance against them, paying for that money? to play a little bit and everything ...? desire to chase is gone as long and enthusiastic developers. These mythical large tires add to the contents do not, six months maximum skate and will require all weather, live tracks, crumbling machines and live team of service pits and putting away the debris from the road.
look at the reality of development, development is not there. And when will the no one knows.
It was the best simulator 2005. It's 6-7 years ago.

Вы сердитесь брата

Ik versta der geen kut van!
Will it ever be done or did i wasted 24 bugs??
Im srsly getting bored about LFS, no mods (like rFactor) possible or selfmade tracks and new updates are coming just 2 a year...
i really think i wasted 24 bugs...
Devs what the heck are you doing all day? This cant be serious, calling it beta for how many years?? 5 or 6?? Oh my god what im talking about... bye LFS Hello rfactor2 !!!
Who's calling LFS beta?

Anyway, I suggest that you try out more of the available car/track combos; your LFSW stats shows that you've not driven in some [at least not online]. Pleanty of stuff to do in LFS if you bothered to/care to spend some time on it.

IMO, its the best 24 bugs that I've spent. With over 200,000 km driven online I'm still enjoying it (when I find the time). And I've not done any serious league racing...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG