The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
Incase anyone is wondering:

How To Cure Vampirism

1 If you’ve contracted the disease, you won’t become a vampire for three days. Until then, you can get rid of the disease with any common disease-curing potion.

2 You can also use the Shrine to Talos outside Whiterun or Dragonsreach, activating the shrine will cure you of all diseases.

3 Before speaking to anyone, make sure you’re no longer a Stage 4 vampire. Stage 4 vampires are attacked on sight, to avoid this, wait until night and drink the blood of a sleeping person. Even sleeping beggars will do. Just crouch/sneak and interact with a sleeping NPC to drink their blood.

4 If you’re still having trouble drinking blood, remember that you have two useful abilities as a Stage 4 vampires — Embrace of Shadows, and Vampire Seduction. Embrace of Shadows turns you invisible, while Vampire Seduction will make an NPC calm and cease wanting to attack you.

5 Once you’re a Stage 1 vampire, normal disease cures will no longer work. You’ll need a better way.

6 To begin your quest, speak with any Inn Keeper or Bartender about rumors. They’ll tell you that a man named Falion in Morthal is studying vampires.

7 Find Morthal east of Fort Snowhawk. Once there, talk to Falion and he’ll discuss how to cure vampirism.

8 He’ll tell you to get a Black Soul Gem. If you don’t have one, Falion will sell you one. Before being cured, you’ll need to fill the Black Soul Gem.

9 To fill a Black Soul Gem, you’ll need to cast a Soul Trap spell on a human, then kill them. Any human will work, including bandits and enemies.

10 You’ll need to obtain a Soul Trap spell, sold by any magic vendor. If you’re really desperate, try the College of Winterhold, or explore Whiterun to find a shop. If you don’t have high magic skills, just purchase a Soul Trap scroll. NOTE: The Mage for the Jarl of Whiterun, the Jarl’s Court Mage, should have a Soul Trap spell.

11 With a filled Black Soul Gem, return to Falion and talk to him to complete the ritual. You’re now cured of vampirism!
I can't decide whether to become a vampire, a werewolf, or neither.

I think I tried vampirism in Oblivion, but I can't remember. I know at one stage I cured myself, but I can't recall if I let it develop, or if I got to stage 4...

Whilst there are perks, are the drawbacks so bad that it becomes less fun (although fun is subjective)?
being a werewolf has no effect except you dont get rest bonus with sleeping, but I never know what the rest bonus was originally?

I hate vampires and kill them all on sight.
I rarely sleep anyway. Don't see the point. I do occasionally wait an hour or two to make someone arrive/leave.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't decide whether to become a vampire, a werewolf, or neither.

I think I tried vampirism in Oblivion, but I can't remember. I know at one stage I cured myself, but I can't recall if I let it develop, or if I got to stage 4...

Whilst there are perks, are the drawbacks so bad that it becomes less fun (although fun is subjective)?

My friends boyfriend got bitten by a Vampire on Skyrim, and apparently after a while everyone stops talking to you, and the only way to stop being a Vampire is to talk to someone to get a quest. But apparently you can become a Warewolf instead, you just need to find one and let it bite you I guess, that should cure it.
Once you get the ring of hircine, you can change into a wolf as often as you want.

Downsides? You're a werewolf

Only way you can get lycanthropy is through a quest line though
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Once you get the ring of hircine, you can change into a wolf as often as you want.

No it doesn't. I did the ring of hircine quest hoping i could become a werewolf without doing the companions quest, Sadly, Ring of Hircine only grants you one MORE transformation a day..so without getting infected with lycanthrope, its useless
If anyone is crashing evdry 10 mins, then try this loader that make Skyrim use 4GB

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

Well I cna't play anymore, dude to Skyrim haning when I press continue upon loading. Just hangs on the load screen when I try to exit the shop...
And I have no map! There are city icons, but no land mass!
Blowjob + Skyrim = a slice of heaven
Omigod! I want one of those GF's!
For only 14.99...

Quote from The Very End :Omigod! I want one of those GF's!

Ye, major of today's gfs would just obey "find another dick" rule... This one is pure love.
Squash those bugs!

Quote :Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead

Vampire, Werewolf.... You guys are Twilight fanatics, sorry.
Quote from Dennis93 :Vampire, Werewolf.... You guys are Twilight fanatics, sorry.

:'D
i feel bad for you son
I found a nice way of making gold, it's really boring but it's great for low levels. Basically get an axe, find a sawmill where someone will buy firewood that has a chopping block nearby, then chop wood until you lose the will to live and sell it for 5 gold a piece. You get about 6 bits of firewood each time you use a chopping block, the wood never runs out, you don't need anything other than an axe to do it. The downside is that the firewood is heavy, hence needing to be close to the person you will sell it to.
I used that technique to buy my first house...

A better way (which will also level up smithing and enchanting) is enchanting iron daggers. As soon as you have the banish enchantment, make iron daggers and enchant them with it. I'm at level 50 speechcraft and have an amulet that gives me a 10% price bonus... i get around 1'200 gold for each dagger.
I've yet to work out enchantments, any easy ones I can get to make me some profit? At the moment I just spend all my gold on materials, then make loads of armour to sell. I'm at level 70 Smithing by doing that. I've got a good rotation going, between 8am and 8pm some knobhead uses the chopping block and gets in the way so I use that time to make armour and sell it then chop wood at night.

It's got the point now where I'm just saving up for a house then I will go back to questing. The only reason I stopped questing was because I couldn't get to the Greybeards, the game decided to dump a Snow Sabre, Ice Wolves and a ****ing Ice Troll between me and the Greybeards, all spread out so that if I run from one of them I don't get far enough away before hitting the next.
LOL @ that... I had quite a time getting up there, but I did a ton of side things first and didn't attempt it until about level 20. Even then the bears, cats, and trolls were not trivial, even if not a major problem. This game is really something - I'm with Stu, it's easily the most engrossing game I ever played and I started in the late 80s. Pretty brilliant group over there, game is worth every penny at full retail price. I mean really, sixty bucks for how many hours of play value?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I've yet to work out enchantments, any easy ones I can get to make me some profit? At the moment I just spend all my gold on materials, then make loads of armour to sell. I'm at level 70 Smithing by doing that. I've got a good rotation going, between 8am and 8pm some knobhead uses the chopping block and gets in the way so I use that time to make armour and sell it then chop wood at night.

I have no idea where exactly i got the banishment enchantment... i think it was some random item drop (some sword that i destroyed/disenchanted). It's my only enchantment that makes a serious difference in value. With all other enchantments, i get about 200-500 gold for an iron dagger.

I do this in markarth, since there is a vendor that sells soul gems filled with souls (for enchanting the daggers) and a blacksmith selling all the materials for iron daggers. I don't know if it's worth it without the banishment spell... but with that one i can always buy all the soul gems from the vendor and then get the money back (plus the money they have before i start buying the gems) with selling my enchanted daggers. I made like 20'000 gold in about one hour.

By the way... you can buy houses for free in skyrim...
All you have to do is get the "slow time" dragon shout, and have the money the house would cost. Then you talk to the person selling the house... when they tell you they have one for sale and name the price, pick the "i take it" dialogue option, and immediately back out from the dialogue... do the shout as quick as you can, find some sort of chest nearby and deposit all your gold in the chest, then exit from the chest menu.

If you do this correctly, you have bought the house, but your gold is still in the chest and you can simply pick it up again. Voila, free house!
Using Unrelenting Force on people to push them off cliffs or mountains never gets old

Using the Talos preacher in Whiterun for target practice is fun too.

I use the Blade of Woe and an enchanted ebony dagger with the ancient Brotherhood gear. Win.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :LOL @ that... I had quite a time getting up there, but I did a ton of side things first and didn't attempt it until about level 20. Even then the bears, cats, and trolls were not trivial, even if not a major problem. This game is really something - I'm with Stu, it's easily the most engrossing game I ever played and I started in the late 80s. Pretty brilliant group over there, game is worth every penny at full retail price. I mean really, sixty bucks for how many hours of play value?

On my first character I got up there when I was level 6, only had a few standard wolves and one Ice Troll to deal with. I also didn't have squadrons of Ice Dragons attacking me everytime I went to the first little town you go to, I've killed 3 of them in the space of 2 days game time.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG