The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I respect you for that. Magic was way too weak in oblivion

Agreed. Oblivion felt like a watered down port compared to Morrowind, that had a magic system that made you feel like a magic user. I'll wait to see what else they take out before buying
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Wish they'd put Mysticism back in....That'll hurt mages.

(I went through Oblivion as a mage. Ouch)

You can download from Here the mod to have mysticism

This is a screen actualy of what mods i'm running in my oblivion

Hope to the end of 2011 have my new pc, gona live in TSE S V

@bob

They trow to the bin the game engine Embryo and start frin scratch for the new game engine
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
No Ivanouva, Mysticism is in Oblivion by default

It WON'T be in upcoming Skyrim as seen here:

Quote :
Recap of info courtesy of ShadowPampers

Ok, here is my recap of the info, hope it helps. This is not all the info, however.

On leveling:
Totally revamped, no more class selection at the start of the game, every skill you level contributes to your overall level. And each time you level you get extra health plus the ability to get either more health, magicka or stamina.
Each level also brings you perks. Cool abilities I guess like in Fallout 3.
Also, the leveling was moved from 1-25 or something like that to 1-50, but 50 is soft-capped, you just advance really slow after that.

On skills:
Mysticism is gone.
18 skills, down from 21 on Oblivion, and 27 on Morrowind.
Tries to accomodate players who want to specialize in a certain proffesion (like mage or thief), while at the same time giving room for players who like to do plenty of everything. They want to keep a special care so that this feels good, not prone to cheating and organic.

On the story and lore:
200 years after Oblivion. Set in Skyrim, a region north of the imperial city, where the Nords live.
The dragons are returning, as it was prophetized. You are gonna be trying to stop the wicked dragon god. You are a dragonborn, a dragon hunter. Your mentor is one of the last blade, voiced by some old dude from Shutter Island and Minority Report.
Also, there is a civil war, since the king is dead.
Enemies include were-yeti's, giant spider, dragons and other cool creatures.

On combat:
They want to make it more dynamic and tactical. You have to assign each hand with a function I think, either magic, 2 weapons, a weapon and a shield, etc.
You can also waste stamina by sprinting, allowing you to get access to tactical postitions.
Emphasis on really improving the combat this time around.
They are also putting care on how each weapon feel on your hand.

Other:
Third person view has been improved
5 massive cities, more variation in caves and underground stuff.

On quests:
Quests are much more dynamic now.
The quests are now more determined by how you build your chracter, individual actions and overall much more dynamic. Examples provided: If you are more of a magic user, some other mage may approach you who may not have had if you were just a melee character. Or if you killed some dude who owned a store that was gonna give you a quest, his sister would inherit the store, but she may resent you before giving you the quest. Also, if you drop a weapon in the street instead of selling it, it may just dissapear, some kid may get it and give it back to you, which would lead to a series of stuff, or some dudes may fight over who gets it.
Also, it said that the quests you are given would be modified by how you have played (I guess like scaling the quests). For example, the location of a rescue mission would be determined by which location you have visited (it will try to give you a dungeon you haven't been in) and I guess also giving you appropiate enemies to your level.

I can add that there is an option for no HUD.

On Conversations: (thanks MrBig)
Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore.
Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.

On Weapon smithing:
Go to a forge and carve a new weapon out of red hot metal.

Recap from raphier

Dual-wielding: you have two hands now in combat and you can wield anything to both hands. You may assign a dagger on left hand and use a mace with right hand. The choice as they say is yours.

Duel: You may duel any NPC on the streets western style.

Inheritence: When you kill a shopkeeper, his/her family member will inherit the shop and will be angry about you, but stil give you missions.

Level-scaling: It is coming back

18 skills: supposedly even less skills to play with?

No mysticism

Perks: Rumored to be in Skyrim. I may have understood it wrong.

Boosts: Pick stamina, health, magic boosts on level up.

Enchanting: This skill makes a return.

"Radiant storytelling" or Level Scaling 2.0: "The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses."

Fast-Travel: As you probably expect, you can instantly travel to previous locations with a tap of the button

Sprinting: You can now sprint about!

Town visiting: You may do more in towns, like tailor weapons, cooking, farming or mining. Not much details about this or how detailed they are as jobs.

Yet another recap:

-A variation of level scaling.
-Dynamic Shadows
-Overhauled Combat-system
-Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.
-Radiant AI
-Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
Trees and branches move independently with the wind
Water flows
-Randomly generated quests.
-Beards
-You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.
-10 races to choose from (Holy crap thats a lot of races)
-confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats
-presumeably open cities (as dragons can attack)
-Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective
-very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!
-Character creation improved, body features customizable
-2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.
-Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.
-Kids
-The game takes place 2 centuries after Oblivion
-Sprint is added !
- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy
- cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing
-18 skills.
-Perk picking at every level-up
-5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion.

Damn, perk system like F3 gona ruin the game for me...
I realy like it the system in oblivion...

Dual welding gona be awesome, still i prefer sniper character, sneak and long distance kill ( like my assassin hawk in oblivion )

The new 10 races is good
Kid's are back
Dynamic snow and shadows gona be a blast, also open city's

Well, add good stuff and remove good stuff from others TSE ..., we need to w8 till release
Might be nice if they could implement something like the control system used for combat in Mount & Blade (here, eg). Simply being able to use magic in one hand and a weapon in the other doesn't sound enticing enough by itself as an evolution in combat. They really need to make things feel different in a number of key areas otherwise I can imagine that a lot of the people who have already put way too much time into the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games may lose interest fairly quickly.
I just got oblivion for PC and am playing it with mods! can't wait till skyrim!
Not enough hats.
:bump:

Pre-ordered for the PC. Also bought the PC version of Oblivion a few months ago and playing with certain mods completely changes the game for the better. It looks stunning. Have to say though Skyrim already looks outstanding even on the console versions!

E3 gameplay demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU
The damn thing looks epic.
Preordered locally a few days ago for $43.... half the price of Steam....

I read that you can do gay marriages in Skyrim...
Quote from CoolColJ :

I read that you can do gay marriages in Skyrim...

Since that's the only feature that you've brought up, I'll just assume that's what sold the game to you. Don't worry I'm not judging
Not that there is anything wrong with that?
Not at all my friend, I said I wasn't judging Interesting way to sell a game though
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Screenies from my i7 4ghz 570GTX setup - slightly modifed high setting - pretty smooth framerate

1080p res - sorry for the massive pics, but it saves time this way
Haven't fiddled with the gamma and what not

More screen caps - this is on Ultra - maxed everything, 8x FSAA, 16x AA. I get 40-61 fps, v-synced with fraps at 1080p
4ghz i7 930, 570GTX, 12GB of ram

My character

Aw crap, spoilers..

No point playing the game now, who wants my copy.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Fcuk!

Couldn't it just be bad and full of bugs, not worthy a single play at all?
Now I just hope my graphic card - which died last friday - will get exchanged from the shop I bought it pretty, pretty soon.
Played for about 5 hours yesterday, almost couldn't stop anymore... barely touched the surface... REALLY good game!
Bah

Another satisfied customer and I can't really play it. This just sucks
Waiting for my copy to arrive... just hope I get to play it over the weekend.
Graphics don't look much better?

I'll wait for the reviews, I thought Oblivion was boring as ****, then a friend of mine urged me to buy Fallout 3 and insisted it was nothing like Oblivion, some ****ing friend...
Graphics are indeed not much better. I've seen quite a few PC screens too now, and apart from better resolution, sharper textures and more draw distance, it's not even worth it to consider playing it on a pc (ok, there's mods of course). It looks just fine on a console since the graphics aren't that amazing anyway... i instantly felt like playing oblivion in regard of how the game looks (it has improved, but not a lot).

However, it's not so much about graphics in this game.

The world is beautiful (huge, full of stuff, you can go everywhere, blabla) and it is very inviting to just wander off and explore. There's so much stuff to do... you can spend an hour in one house just reading the books on the shelves if that's what you find exciting... (i found a story book with easily 50 pages of text... just some random story, just one book... lol).

Sometimes it can be very boring, sometimes it can be so much fun... it's pretty much about "how you play it" and what you want to to in this game... interact with everybody and everything, or just go all alone and kill everybody and everything... or something in between... up to you!

If you're looking for a fun and challenging game with swords and dragons, minus bad combat system and boring quests and dialogues, get demons souls or dark souls (not on PC unfortunately). Two of the best games i've ever played... but they don't offer the huge open world and freedom that you can find in elder scroll games (which is what makes skyrim so much fun, if that's your cup of tea).
Well I can tell you load times are super fast on the PC version, especially reloading and stage changes.
very slow on the consoles...

And none the hiccups and stutters you get in Oblivion, plus draw distance is much better and almost on par with modded Oblivion but at a much higher framerate on my system
20fps is more common on my super modded Oblivion

Interface could use some work, not suited to the PC! Bring on the mods

I think it's much better than Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG