The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :Would be fun if sneak were a little better imo, it's hard as .. yes much to not get spotted, even on higher ranks.

Also, sorry for asking again, but the thieve guild with trainers and more, where are they to be found? =)

Theives guild are found in Riften, as soon as you go there you will know how to join
I'm finding sneak is very powerful, the only things that tend to spot me are animals, I guess because they can sniff me out. Anything else I can easily sneak around/up to to backstab. Make sure you're wearing all light armour - heavier armour pieces cripple your sneak ability. And also, if you have a companion that sucks at sneaking, it could be them who's being spotted.
I'm stuck at finding the entrance after you speak to the Jarl in Whiterun, I've been around both sides and no luck.

EDIT: Oh crap, two giants. Screw it, go dagger and Sparks...
Quote from The Very End :The only way I get experience is to improve my skills in the various skills, do you actually get XP by killing enemies and completing quests?

I have like 70 sneak, 80 pickpocking, 55 picklock, 40 one hand etc etc.
Picklocks, sneak and pickpocket is a great way getting up in skills fast and then level.

I am using the lover stone, meaning I get 15% faster increase in all skills.

Edit: About the watch, I don't know what you mean about that

I have no clue about the levelling basics, so i just run around and stab, what can be stabbed, steal, what can be stolen etc. Must be something hidden from me, what i'm doing wrong. I had to throw all the stones and gems away, because i couldn't carry my weapons and armor + potions, because everything seems to be much stronger than me (medium difficulty). Gotta say it's my first RPG ever though.

About the watches, just thought you were running in circles somewhere, doing what i do.

Btw. Nadeo: how the hell.. share some wisdom.
Gotta buy an HDMI cable to plug the 360 onto the PC. All this information is too much for me to resist.
Giants are such trolls, killing my horse
Companions quest line is pretty darn epic.

Doing the thieves guild now. Not bad so far.
The trip from whiterun to sunguard, then up High Hrothgar is such epic one.
How make lots of gold, boost smithing and enchanting skill, thus level up all in one tip

I got my smithing up to level 70 just by buying iron and leather and making iron daggers and leather braces, but if you enchant the daggers you can sell for a big profit!

Quote :In order to make lots of gold fast you need to do a few simple tasks. Firstly, buy as much Iron bars, Iron Ore and Leather as you can find. Most Smithing stores sell it, most towns have a blacksmith. Once you’ve gathered all your Iron Bars, go to a forge, I suggest using the one in Whiterun because there are 2 blacksmiths in the same building that sell Iron Bars and Leather, they do not share an inventory. Change all your Iron Bars and Ore into Iron Daggers, the Bars cost about 20 Gold each, the Leather costs about 25 gold each. To save yourself cash use the Thief Guilds cowl for cheaper items or anything else you have that increase speech. Each Dagger costs about 60-70 gold to make, they sell for mere coppers. The trick here is to enchant them.

A Guest Hero suggested using Absorb Health Enchantment and it works well but if you can get Banish, that will make this far more profitable. All you need to do it find an item with that Enchantment and Disassemble it, you can then use the Absorb Health Enchantment to Enchant your Iron Daggers with. You need a lot of Soul Gems for this method, you can purchase them from most Taverns. Don’t spend Gold on filled Souls or it’s not worth it, I suggest buying Common Soul Gems or lesser. You can then sell the Enchanted Iron Daggers for 200-500+, the better the Soul, the more profit you can make so if you can catch the Souls yourself, that’s easy cash. Especially if you use a Soul Trap weapon and Azuras Star. I suggest using the Enchanting table in Dragons Reach as it’s easy to get to and the guy there sells Gems. Once you’ve completed this method once, wait 48 hours and make the same trip to each Blacksmith, this time sell the Daggers as you’re buying more Iron.

The trick is to enchant a weapon with soul trap for 1 second on hit, which you will use when the enemy is low on health and then the final hit that kills him will fill a soul gem to use for enchanting these daggers.
The highest sell price I can get is with the drain 18 stamina enchant, makes the dagger worth 650-700! If you had high speech that is
Quote from The Very End :Would be fun if sneak were a little better imo, it's hard as .. yes much to not get spotted, even on higher ranks.

Also, sorry for asking again, but the thieve guild with trainers and more, where are they to be found? =)

make sure your wear light and soft shoes
Quote from mythdat :I'm finding sneak is very powerful, the only things that tend to spot me are animals, I guess because they can sniff me out. Anything else I can easily sneak around/up to to backstab. Make sure you're wearing all light armour - heavier armour pieces cripple your sneak ability. And also, if you have a companion that sucks at sneaking, it could be them who's being spotted.

Yeah, I can't have a companion because he just ****s up the sneaking, or he genereally is just in the way.

Quote from Kid222 :I have no clue about the levelling basics, so i just run around and stab, what can be stabbed, steal, what can be stolen etc. Must be something hidden from me, what i'm doing wrong. I had to throw all the stones and gems away, because i couldn't carry my weapons and armor + potions, because everything seems to be much stronger than me (medium difficulty). Gotta say it's my first RPG ever though.

About the watches, just thought you were running in circles somewhere, doing what i do.

Btw. Nadeo: how the hell.. share some wisdom.

It's true that I just runs around finding various quests, pick locks, sneaks and pickpocking - but it seems to be a great way getting skills fast Also found this item that makes lock picking 20% easier, and a other that makes sneak 25% more effective. Great items!

Quote from CoolColJ :make sure your wear light and soft shoes

Any recommended armor sets for a 20+ player? Light armor sets that is

And thanks for the answers btw!

One last question: Is there any quests that takes you to riften, or should I just go there myself?
Quote from The Very End :

And thanks for the answers btw!

One last question: Is there any quests that takes you to riften, or should I just go there myself?

Not so much the armour, but the shoes have an impact. You don't want big heavy boots with armour on it. Slippers or barefoot is best
Quote from CoolColJ :Not so much the armour, but the shoes have an impact. You don't want big heavy boots with armour on it. Slippers or barefoot is best

Thanks for the advice!

By the way!:
I am really struggeling to find good armours and weapons (daggers). They just does not seem to drop much. I have gotten a dwarf and elven dagger, which are O.K but not great. Are there no varieties of weapons in this game, or do I just have to wait til later in the game to find anything good?
Best to craft your own, if your smithing skill is high enough and you have the perks

I'm more a magic guy so I haven't bothered with much armour or weapons, but I made all my own gauntlets and boots, plus a soul sucking enchanted mace.
I cast my own magical armour.

Glass, Ebony and Daedra weapons are better, and they will come as your level gets higher - which I always found weird. Notice how there were no good weapons at level 1?And then as the levels go up, better weapons suddenly appear in the shops...
That's why I hate level scaling mechanics - it's just not logical!
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for the advice!

By the way!:
I am really struggeling to find good armours and weapons (daggers). They just does not seem to drop much. I have gotten a dwarf and elven dagger, which are O.K but not great. Are there no varieties of weapons in this game, or do I just have to wait til later in the game to find anything good?

If you do the Thieves Guild and/or Dark Brotherhood questlines you get some pretty good gear. They're both cool questlines too - the DB one in particular
Does the level scaling thing works out on mobs too? Or if I just level high enough I can one-shot everything? I hope for the first.

The scale thing in shops however, I am not sure why they do that. Just make the price high as f(#/%R#/%, or make weapons level restricted!

Edit:
Quote from mythdat :If you do the Thieves Guild and/or Dark Brotherhood questlines you get some pretty good gear. They're both cool questlines too - the DB one in particular

Awesome, thanks! Riften next then
Does anybody know the use of dragon bones/scales? I've killed a few dragons so far but I don't know what to do with the remains, all I know is they're very heavy and valueable.
Reading latest posts here, i think i know what to improve.

Also i don't understand the hate against companions. Mine killed frost troll by himself!!... while he was standing still... looking at me... while i stood on top of a rock... meh, basically it was asisted suicide. :| But couldn't make it without him anyway.

E: +1 @ Stiggie's question.
You can ultimately use the dragon bone/scales to forge your own dragon armour, if you have very high forging skills.

I'm trying to play with magic, but it's not something I've ever done before. I like sneaking, and if that fails then a nice bow and a two-handed sword. But I know I need to play with magic at some point, and learn about forges, alchemy... So much stuff I want to do!!! I may have to play this game several times over!!!!!!
I have not done any magic I have used the healing a seldom time, but the sneaky part is much more fun imo!
And how to I use the shouts? I got two so far :/
Quote from The Very End :

Dark Brootherhood armour has great stats for a thief/assassin, its what i run
Just like my character, my one hand skill is leveling up pretty rapidly because of all the sex I am skipping. Just need a make sandwich spell equipped on my left hand now.
Quote from The Very End :I have not done any magic I have used the healing a seldom time, but the sneaky part is much more fun imo!
And how to I use the shouts? I got two so far :/

How do you use them? Well, once you've found words and killed dragons for their souls, you choose which shouts to unlock (press R on the PC to unlock the chosen word).

Then you equip it through the Powers menu like any other weapon (I use favourites a lot). Then press Z when you want to use it. The recharge time is a big consideration - don't waste your uber-fire-breathing shout moments before the really big baddie turns up!!!
Quote from Klutch :Dark Brootherhood armour has great stats for a thief/assassin, its what i run

Those were from Riften yes?

Quote from tristancliffe :How do you use them? Well, once you've found words and killed dragons for their souls, you choose which shouts to unlock (press R on the PC to unlock the chosen word).

Then you equip it through the Powers menu like any other weapon (I use favourites a lot). Then press Z when you want to use it. The recharge time is a big consideration - don't waste your uber-fire-breathing shout moments before the really big baddie turns up!!!

Thanks! Now, the soul thing I do not understand. I understand you use various soul.. stones or whatever on enchanting, but I have yet to discover how to get the right type of souls to use the draggon roar(s). I have the flame and the thrust/power shout atm.
Are souls dropping from the dragons themself?

Also: Are dragons respawning, or are there limited draggons in the game?
Soul gems are for something else, and I have no idea how you use them.

The dragon souls are absorbed by you automatically after you kill a dragon (I guess you have to stand near the body when it does the swirly lights thing), and you can 'spend' them on activating a word. Getting two or three words from a combination (each shout has three parts, each in turn making it more powerful) is useful, but then so is having a variety of different types of shout. I think I have four active shouts at the moment - disarm (doesn't seem to work for me), fire breathe (this is quite effective), some sort of shout that makes enemies run away... and another one I can't remember.

Dragons spawn 'randomly' and 'rarely', but they are also usually guarding the shout stones in the world. I haven't found a map (image) that shows where the words are found yet, but I've stumbled on several on my wanderings when I don't fast-travel.

My technique for killing them is to use the best arrows/bow I can get hold of, and then hiding in an arch or tunnel so I can peek out to shoot it then hide from it's breath in the tunnel.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG