The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :Jesus, do I really need to use smilies to make clear I was kidding? Don't take the internets so serious...

sorry kinda misread (too quickly)
Never played Morrowind (true story), did enjoy Oblivion, but didn't really get too deep in to it, the staticness of the world was bit of a downer. Did a side quest here and there, then finished the main quest and tried some mods. Re-installed it earlier this year with all the bells and whistles mods, but just didn't really enjoy it. The game had simply outdated too much, even with all the nice graphics and content mods.

Loving every second (well nearly, that damn crappy UI..) of Skyrim though. The world just feels more alive and dynamic than before. The amount of stuff to do is just mind boggling.. if I try to clear up my quest list by doing a side quest, I end up with 3 new ones while at it!

Currently 28 hours in to Skyrim, level 15-16, barely scratched the surface of the main quest. Just enough to get the shout system going, so I can fully enjoy doing the side quests.
Quote from Bose321 :Jesus, do I really need to use smilies to make clear I was kidding? Don't take the internets so serious...

To be fair yes you do or use a few ......

You can't really convey facial expressions over the internet without smileys, you stupid idiot get a freaking clue.
Quote from DejaVu :you stupid idiot get a freaking clue.

I hope that was an example... *smily face*
the UI is seriously puzzling

enjoying the game to bits so far though
first TES game, so im kind of out in the dark with everything. I think i'm doing bits of the main quest? Perhaps. This is seriously fun

oh and once i equipped my torch via favorites, i continued to chop firewood with bare hands :F

but dat soundtrack
and atmosphere
and the looks and the lore.. O_______________O
My laptop is slightly underpowered to run this.

Because of that many bugs occur (NPC that go down a stairs really awkardly).

Also, the scenery isn't as nice as most pics here.
Also, I'm not really used to RPG's, so after playing for 2 hours, I still haven't seen a point where I can sell my inventory (since it's full).
Also, I broke into a house and when I got out it autosaved, so the only thing I can do after loading is run and hope I don't die.

This is not a game for me, clearly
I don't understand everyones problem with the UI, its really easy to use for me (using xbox controller on pc)
Quote from JackDaMaster :I don't understand everyones problem with the UI, its really easy to use for me (using xbox controller on pc)

UI is fine for me as well (PC, M&KB) Little tricky when your clicking away on text.
spent my first night and now merely lvl 5 lol.....building myself like batman, getting my sneaking, crafting and gold amount up and trying to find my sidekick.
Finished the Thieves Guild questline which was pretty cool, but the Dark Brotherhood one is awesome, highly recommended
Quote from JJ72 :spent my first night and now merely lvl 5 lol.....building myself like batman, getting my sneaking, crafting and gold amount up and trying to find my sidekick.

Hehe cool. I've gone into crafting and found it pretty damn useful. Keep myself kitted out in the latest heavy armour's easily and upping the damage of my dual swords. Hitting for around 32-35 points each. Yet to find any magical items that I like, i'm into the real crazy looking swords like the ebony blades and glass swords.

My companion is Lydia from Whiterun, since I was made Thayne there I thought I may as well stick with her. To be fair she now has kinda the same armour as my character, but she uses a sword and shield but will also switch to bows.
Quote from adamlfs :UI is fine for me as well (PC, M&KB) Little tricky when your clicking away on text.

Hmm, the UI is possibly the worst designed UI I've ever seen for KB/M players.

I'm used to it now and can navigate around things, but it's still a pain to use. It could have been made 1000X better, but they obviously assumed everone uses an xbox controller

I also want to be able to sort my weapons/apparel by type, not by bloody alphabetical order ! Who came up with that shit!

Still, nothing game breaking, just very inconvenient at times. Hopefully the modders can come up with an alternative soon.

Still loving it despite some silly bugs and the UI In something of this scale some bugs are completely expected. I've only come across one bad bug so far, that prevents me continuing on a side quest. I've read that there are quite a few quest killing bugs, guess I've just been lucky so far.
Oh no, I totally agree with you there. It's not perfect but like you I have gotten use to it.

I hate the whole alphabetical order list on the favourites.

I've only had one game breaking bug. A quest where I had to go through a mountain cave/pass to get to the top of something. Every time I entered it crashed almost instantly to the desktop with no errors. I googled the quest and found that you have to run it in windowed mode to get past it. Hoping if that kinda thing happens again I can do the windowed trick to fix it
the low npc draw distance makes my bow useless : /
also, to collect pelts when i run, i just set animals on fire the moment i notice them, as theyve already started fleeing
o_o

also, loose items = fuse running around tables making sure everything ends up on the floor

also flaming rabbits
Quote from Fuse5 :the low npc draw distance makes my bow useless : /
also, to collect pelts when i run, i just set animals on fire the moment i notice them, as theyve already started fleeing
o_o

also, loose items = fuse running around tables making sure everything ends up on the floor

also flaming rabbits

lol yeah it made me laugh at how bad the draw distance is on low, my brothers settings were auto set to low when he started playing. But surprisingly he's now running at medium with SLI working I believe.
wake up 8 in the morning to play a game, yes I am doing just that now.
Quote from The Very End :
I chosed to be a cat, who will focus on daggers, stealth, pickpocket and picklock. I played 5 hours straight, and I am lvl 11.

Oh my, i've been in the game atleast over 10 hours by now, I admit, i'm hooked!
But i'm only a level 9...., spent last 2 hours for searching for my horse, he either ran away(when encountered a big fellow)
or giant sent him airbourne. No luck so far, I'm furious, damn ride costed me bloody 1000 coins.
Also my girlfriend is furious....must....go to.....bed...!!!!
im running medium settings on my entry level AMD E2 + 6380G, not complaining
Game autoset me on high, was rather suprised since everyone hyped games requirements to high-end.
Quote from mythdat :Finished the Thieves Guild questline which was pretty cool, but the Dark Brotherhood one is awesome, highly recommended

Quote from -NightFly- :Oh my, i've been in the game atleast over 10 hours by now, I admit, i'm hooked!
But i'm only a level 9...., spent last 2 hours for searching for my horse, he either ran away(when encountered a big fellow)
or giant sent him airbourne. No luck so far, I'm furious, damn ride costed me bloody 1000 coins.
Also my girlfriend is furious....must....go to.....bed...!!!!

Where you buy house, and what are the benefits of it?
I don't use the horse, I much enjoy getting up my stealth skill by just sneaking every fcking place lol

And GF has to wait, the man plays the computer. *Moaning in bakground* STFU woman! Go make a use of yourself and bring me a beer to this lovely game!
Quote from The Very End :Where you buy house, and what are the benefits of it?
I don't use the horse, I much enjoy getting up my stealth skill by just sneaking every fcking place lol

And GF has to wait, the man plays the computer. *Moaning in bakground* STFU woman! Go make a use of yourself and bring me a beer to this lovely game!

There you go!

Sneaking across the entire map? You sure have too much time on your hands
Quote from -NightFly- :There you go!

Sneaking across the entire map? You sure have too much time on your hands

Thanks
Well only on nighttime, since the stealth is useless at day atm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG