The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
Quote from CoolColJ :Well I can tell you load times are super fast on the PC version, especially reloading and stage changes.
very slow on the consoles...

I don't know what you consider very slow... but i haven't experienced slow loading times on the PS3. It's actually pretty fast compared to many other games. No idea what you're talking about...
Well watching videos of the Xbox version is 3x longer than my PC.
We do have much faster drives and controllers here

I prefer mouse and keys too
For me this is a definite PC game (although if I had a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 I might think differently). GTAV is a PS3 game, and I wouldn't consider that for the PC.

Personal preference I guess.
Quote from CoolColJ :Well watching videos of the Xbox version is 3x longer than my PC.
We do have much faster drives and controllers here

I prefer mouse and keys too

I have no idea about the xbox version. On PS3 it takes roughly 10 seconds to load a new area... wow terribly long waiting time indeed!
#55 - JJ72
how does the two hands control work on keyboard and mouse? left/right clicks? really want to go into this but really short of personal time already, I haven't even finish deus ex yet!
Quote from jibber :I have no idea about the xbox version. On PS3 it takes roughly 10 seconds to load a new area... wow terribly long waiting time indeed!

2-3secs on my PC!

Quote from JJ72 :how does the two hands control work on keyboard and mouse? left/right clicks? really want to go into this but really short of personal time already, I haven't even finish deus ex yet!

yeah default is mouse - left click = right hand, right = left, but you can map it whatever you want

Doing a little bit of sight seeing with my "DLSR" - Skyrim can be pretty relaxing just wandering around, once the high res texture mod packs come out, even more so, the sound/music helps too

Yeah, the world is really beautiful to just wander around! I love the rivers and waterfalls especially!

PS: Does your uber-awesome fast PC have an option to resize images?
I've found that quite informative to see the actual graphics and not some thumbnails
Quote from jibber :Yeah, the world is really beautiful to just wander around! I love the rivers and waterfalls especially!

PS: Does your uber-awesome fast PC have an option to resize images?

yes but you lose detail

PC Skyrim tweak list
http://forums.bethsoft.com/ind ... -tweaks-enhanced-visuals/

I added all those tweaks, and boy it sure looks different now! I didn't notice any steam coming off the water before, now it does, and there are leaves falling off trees with the wind!

First time I have seeing rain in Skyrim too, it just went dark all of a sudden

Quote from CoolColJ :yes but you lose detail

And it annoys the hell out of people who are sitting in front of a low-res monitor (at work) and have to scroll all over the place. Doesn't bother me at home tho...

The water/steam looks really nice!!
Love this game to bits. 5 solid hours played and barely advanced through the main story. So much to do!
Quote from DevilDare :Yes.

Never got into the Oblivion series. Doubt this will make a difference.

I guess it did didn't it?
Should I bother with this if I thought Oblivion was a huge piece of shit?
Probably not - it's more of the same in essence. If you want a really structured game, then this isn't for you. If you want a fairly open world that you can explore, dip in and out of missions, or just do quests on your own, then you will like it.
First impressions: Oh dear..

After 6 hours in: This ain't that bad at all!

It really, REALLY needs a couple big patches and high res texture mods though. And a completely rebuilt GUI mod, all the menus are a nightmare to use. Other than that, enjoying it a lot.
The game is great. Some of the enemies are way too powerful for my level though
When my character's feet began to sink into the boulder I thought it'd probably be for the best to just take a quick screenie and move along.
Attached images
ScreenShot2.jpg
Quote from Cornys :I guess it did didn't it?

Well Oblivion was just a big "meh" experience to me. I played it, I sank quite a lot of time into it, but it was never a game I could truly say that it amazed me. This on the other hand so far is bloody amazing. Whether that will change as I progress, well, we'll see. People are already saying the dragon fights get repetitive and boring after a while...

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Should I bother with this if I thought Oblivion was a huge piece of shit?

Depends why you thought Oblivion was shit I guess.
#69 - Vain
Do you like bein' sneaky?

Vain
Quote from jibber :I have no idea about the xbox version. On PS3 it takes roughly 10 seconds to load a new area... wow terribly long waiting time indeed!

10 seconds is long enough to annoy you and get you out of the game experience.
Seems like people are realy enjoying this game, so I am thinking of buying it myself!

Do you think my computer can run it.. somewhat on medium? It's crappy laptop :/ :

Intel Core i5-460M Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 420M
3GB DDR3 Memory

The HD is some standard stuff, avarage laptop crap, aswell as the sound card.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :10 seconds is long enough to annoy you and get you out of the game experience.

My god, young people these days...

@Vain
That was brilliant!
Quote from jibber :My god, young people these days...

@Vain
That was brilliant!

I think those loading screens in between going into a cave or house or whatever really breaks the game.
They seem more like loose parts in the game, instead of actually being there.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG