The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Seems like people are realy enjoying this game, so I am thinking of buying it myself!

Do you think my computer can run it.. somewhat on medium? It's crappy laptop :/ :

Intel Core i5-460M Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 420M
3GB DDR3 Memory

The HD is some standard stuff, avarage laptop crap, aswell as the sound card.

You should be fine on medium settings. My laptop is only slightly better than yours (i5-520M, Radeon 5650, 4GB) and runs pretty well on medium at 1920x1080. The engine seems pretty well optimised, which is nice.
Btw, any of you know how to zoom in things in the inventory? I can press V(or C) to zoom in, but then I can't zoom in further like in the videos they released before. (PC version)
I'm on high settings with a intel 9550 quad, GTX260 and 4gb ddr2. 1920x1080 as well. Runs brilliantly, really amazed with what they have done with this game.
I feel like i've done so much and i've not even left Whiterun yet.
Quote from mythdat :You should be fine on medium settings. My laptop is only slightly better than yours (i5-520M, Radeon 5650, 4GB) and runs pretty well on medium at 1920x1080. The engine seems pretty well optimised, which is nice.

Quote from adamlfs :I'm on high settings with a intel 9550 quad, GTX260 and 4gb ddr2. 1920x1080 as well. Runs brilliantly, really amazed with what they have done with this game.
I feel like i've done so much and i've not even left Whiterun yet.

Thanks both of ya, I guess then it's safe to say it will run on my computer.
Now I just have to find a place where it's sold cheap
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Damn that was fast, did you totally skip the side missions?
There is a lot of bland terrain and snow in the area where you start, but on the otherside of that big mountain, or maybe the seasons changed, there are some gorgeous visuals and towns

Ahh if only we had GT5 style photo mode with real camera functions...

The Fraps captured pics retain my gamma settings, the game capped ones don't...

I think my horse is broken.
Attached images
ScreenShot55.jpg
LOL Matrixi, did you take that pic on my PC? I use the blades sword with a combination of a fire spell and I have dwarwen gauntlets...
Anyone found the sightless pit? It's near Saarthal. There is a temple within it and it reminds me of Moria! I can't get back out of it because you have to jump down a pit which you cannot climb out of so the only way out is getting through to the end of it but it's tricky at a low level unless you lower the difficulty. Must have died about 8 times in there now and still going.
Attached images
TESV 2011-11-13 21-45-49-85.jpg
Pictures of my mighty warrior:

I'm level 13 now and bears kick my ass......

I was admiring the scenery and all of a sudden one came up and 2 shotted me!
I killed a troll, and that was much easier for my magic skills compared to a bear, the speed difference I guess
and having a continous stream of fire and ice does help.

I'm finding it hard to decided which attributes to spend points on per level. I wish I could choose a little of everything
also, don't piss people off. I've had hitman and hitmen take me on, when I least expect it, twice already... one for stealing stuff

The second time was when I was leaving a shop in Riverwood. 3 burly dudes jumped on me as I was leaving the general trading shop, took 3 goes to get out of that. Lucky I had a companion and summoned atronach to help out

I like it though, world is a more alive and interactive
Quote from brandons48 :I think i've finished the main story..

WTF? It's only been out for three days. You must have fast traveled everywhere and not done hardly any side quests...

I hope it takes me weeks to complete it. I've done about 30 hours so far, I'm only level 11, I've not fast traveled anywhere, i'm doing every side quest I can. You miss so much if you just speed through the game like you must have done.

It is the most immersive game I've ever played in 30 years of gaming.. and i hate RPG's!

Here's to the next 300 hours of gameplay!
Quote from The Moose :WTF? It's only been out for three days. You must have fast traveled everywhere and not done hardly any side quests...

I hope it takes me weeks to complete it. I've done about 30 hours so far, I'm only level 11, I've not fast traveled anywhere, i'm doing every side quest I can. You miss so much if you just speed through the game like you must have done.

It is the most immersive game I've ever played in 30 years of gaming.. and i hate RPG's!

Here's to the next 300 hours of gameplay!

+100000

Also... Game is infinitely MORE immersive in 3D

Next step: Projector
Quote from The Moose :The Moose's Wisdom

+1 as well. I've been doing the same, but mainly i've stayed in and around Whiterun doing side quests there and the other city to the south Falkreath.

I think when I come to do my 2nd play through i'm going to up the difficulty and still do every side quest i've done before just to see the difference with a rouge character and a hack and slash warrior.
Be carefull with stealing stuff from people's houses. I tried it at a house of a little village outside of Windhelm and the owner caught me. Next time I came there, a group of 4 hired thugs were waiting outside for me.
This game is just astonishing. Game of the freaking century. Will be hard to top it...

And I agree with Moose. I don't see why people rush the main story... If you just do it ignoring everything else you will miss out on A LOT of stuff.

Enjoying my badass Imperial Warrior. Was trying to focus on dual wielding but I kept getting 1 shotted by mages... So shield + 1h axe it is until I find the "stoneflesh" (?) alteration magic.
Quote from DevilDare :
Enjoying my badass Imperial Warrior. Was trying to focus on dual wielding but I kept getting 1 shotted by mages... So shield + 1h axe it is until I find the "stoneflesh" (?) alteration magic.

Hehe, i've gone for a Nord Warrior for now. Dual wielding swords and Heavy Armor. Not had that much trouble with mages. Got to a point with my skills were i'm not sure why but it won't let me put skills into my main ones I want to use.
Dat ass, Dat chest
She actually sings songs, not that I care

With clean skin, detailed faces and blocky nose fix mods from SkyrimNexus,

I've been looking for a potential wife. I think the virtual hottie above might just be the one.

Is she single? Where do i find her?
Quote from The Moose :I've been looking for a potential wife. I think the virtual hottie above might just be the one.

Is she single? Where do i find her?

Good thinking

I found this town right at the mid top of the map, on the coastline, it has a port with ships etc. I think it's called Dawn something. There is a Towered temple above it on a cliff.
She works at the inn there, daughter of the owner - sings songs
Just checked - Karita at Twinpeak inn in Dawnstar

I haven't gotten to the stage where I can have a wife yet...
LOL I saw someone marry a cat female...

Apparently you can marry the girl in Riverwood inn / general store, and you get a cut from their monthly profits.

Will be going for her. What can I say, I'm a gold-digger.
I guess I'm not suprised, she's always dropping hints and hiting on me when I'm around....

There is also a girl that owns a store in Winterhelm, near the Mage college....
And what about that female that runs the weapons and armour shop in Whiterun? Free weapons and armour?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG