The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
I am level 29, and still not done the Dragon Rising main quest yet lol.
So much to do!
Can I just say...

I fu****g love this game like I've never loved a single player game before. It's awesome.

...That is all.
Dwarwen dungeons are just ****ing long... I've been exploring one for 1 hour...
Hag's End.

****ING HAGRAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and traps, giant spiders, undead things, more traps.....

I may be imagining it, but...Does Shadowmere/other horses attack for you? I've seen Shadowmere beating on people with its hooves, not checked with any others yet, repairing Dawnstar cost me 20,000 gold >.> There went all the gold I'd earned....Still, I got the Brotherhood back, next up is the main quest.
Horses attack for you. But if you have a regular horse, it's just stupid they are just getting themselves killed. Shadowmere can be a good distraction though...
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Dwarwen dungeons are just ****ing long... I've been exploring one for 1 hour...

I'm probably in the last part of it and i'm doomed as feck. Only lvl 14, out of healing potions, overpowered bastards to kill everywhere. "Run like hell" tactics next. Looks awesome though, never seen anything like it, really jawdropping stuff!
You mean the one in the main quest? Yeah, it's fascinating. Also, it doesn't matter that much what level you are, enemies are getting better with your level too.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Horses attack for you. But if you have a regular horse, it's just stupid they are just getting themselves killed. Shadowmere can be a good distraction though...

It's funny to see Shadowmere knocking out guards for me while I'm going round looting. Useful distraction...

20k gold is nothing really, I'm grabbing everything I can get to loot. Though, I've a nasty feeling Lydia bit the dust, is there a way to check if I'm still married to her? I got the band of matrimony in my inventory. I feel like being cruel and offing my housecarl since the Jarl isn't keen on me.
Quote from The Moose :Can I just say...

I fu****g love this game like I've never loved a single player game before. It's awesome.

...That is all.

This.
Quote from Gills4life :This.

Believable, i noticed you started up skyrim in steam when i had my early breakfast before heading to work .
Thieves guild end quest was a bit "meh". Bit of an anticlimax - and no decent reward either!

<Spoiler>
Would be awesome if you could keep the skeleton key.
</spoiler>
Quote from -NightFly- :Believable, i noticed you started up skyrim in steam when i had my early breakfast before heading to work .

I work evenings!
Character reset bat file

Allows you to reset your perks and attributes, and then reselect what you want, without starting a new game
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=499

BTW I've been using JSGME to enable/disable mods the easy way
http://www.users.on.net/~jscon ... tware/products-jsgme.html

You just make a Mods folder inside the Skyrim directory, put each mod in their own directory inside this folder. Then each mod is usually inside a data folder within their own folder, if they don't already have one, since the program will move them exactly as they are in their directory into the main Skyrim folder. Fire up the program and select which ones you want
Up to level 24 now, staring to get fairly powerful. Took down my first Giants last night.

Even after 60+ hours this thing keeps throwing up golden moments. I still feel that I've done so little as well. There's gotta be another 200 hours of gametime in this first play through, the way i'm playing it.

Despite its minor issues/quirks and bugs (of which I've encountered about 3..none of which were anywhere near game-breaking) this is the best single player game I've played in 30 years of gaming, and i'm not really an RPG fan.

To think its only going to get better with patches, DLC and some major mods is awesome.
How the hell have you racked up 60+ hours already?
This game is awesome, that's why
i've only done 20 hours and have been playing it as much as i possibly can lol :s
Quote from Klutch :How the hell have you racked up 60+ hours already?

Being unemployed is a nightmare, but it does have one advantage at times like this
Quote from The Moose :Being unemployed is a nightmare, but it does have one advantage at times like this

I can agree with this.
Moose, did you play the other Elder Scrolls games? I'm only asking because I'm wondering how different Skyrim is compared to the earlier ones, which I sunk way too many hours into. I'm a bit worried that Skryim is maybe more of the same, which I would find pretty boring at this stage.
I've played morrowind/oblivion/skyrim, they're all somewhat the same but yet to get bored
Is the voice acting as 'good' as Oblivion?

That was my favourite bit. They created a fantasy world where the fantasy was that the world was populated entirely by terrible actors.
Voice acting is better, and more of it in terms of variety

40 hours now and level 27. Smithing, enchanting and casting spells as I walk has helped me level up faster
I just smacked a bear on the way to a quest, so I'm starting to get powerful....

I got challanged by mage in that major city. Random encounter I think. Gees that was tough, his fire spell would cream me! Plus Lydia would get killed by him. I didn't want that, so I had to replay it about 7 times before I managed to kill him and keep Lydia alive.

I conjured a fire atronach to keep him busy and he was complaining about this being a one on one

Oh I keep forgetting to use shouts.... doh
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is the voice acting as 'good' as Oblivion?

That was my favourite bit. They created a fantasy world where the fantasy was that the world was populated entirely by terrible actors.

Generally a lot better. There is one character that sounds like Schwarzenegger however... very annoying!
Voice acting quality itself is alright, but it's a bit annoying that one voice actor does like 10 different charecters.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG