The online racing simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Those were from Riften yes?

The Thieves Guild is in Riften, Dark Brotherhood is elsewhere - they'll probably find you at some point, I was randomly kidnapped by them. I think you can go looking for them too, though.

Quote from tristancliffe :Soul gems are for something else, and I have no idea how you use them.

Soul gems are for enchanting - you drain a creature's soul into a soul gem and then use that to enchant an item.
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster : i cant read
Quote from tristancliffe :Soul gems are for something else, and I have no idea how you use them.

The dragon souls are absorbed by you automatically after you kill a dragon (I guess you have to stand near the body when it does the swirly lights thing), and you can 'spend' them on activating a word. Getting two or three words from a combination (each shout has three parts, each in turn making it more powerful) is useful, but then so is having a variety of different types of shout. I think I have four active shouts at the moment - disarm (doesn't seem to work for me), fire breathe (this is quite effective), some sort of shout that makes enemies run away... and another one I can't remember.

Dragons spawn 'randomly' and 'rarely', but they are also usually guarding the shout stones in the world. I haven't found a map (image) that shows where the words are found yet, but I've stumbled on several on my wanderings when I don't fast-travel.

My technique for killing them is to use the best arrows/bow I can get hold of, and then hiding in an arch or tunnel so I can peek out to shoot it then hide from it's breath in the tunnel.

Thanks, now I starting to understand a little more.
The soul gems are used in enchanting. They comes in various classes and names, for example a lesser soul gem is not too powerfull. The more powerfull stone - to more powerfull enchantment, meaning it will last for more hits.
TBH I hate that enchantments only last for some swings, and enchangment should be permament

And lol, the sneaking-bow part, I have done that on a boss myself the other day, tok me 15 mins

Quote from mythdat :The Thieves Guild is in Riften, Dark Brotherhood is elsewhere - they'll probably find you at some point, I was randomly kidnapped by them. I think you can go looking for them too, though.

Soul gems are for enchanting - you drain a creature's soul into a soul gem and then use that to enchant an item.

Thanks! How you drain creature's souls btw?
I've just witnessed a dragon being owned by a Giant......lol
Quote from JJ72 :I've just witnessed a dragon being owned by a Giant......lol

Seen mamuts riding mamuts btw?
Quote from The Very End :Thanks! How you drain creature's souls btw?

There's a few different levels of Soul Trap spells, as well as a Soul Trap enchantment. Basically, you either cast the spell or hit the creature with the enchantment, and if it dies within x seconds, its soul will fill an empty soul gem.
Quote from JJ72 :I've just witnessed a dragon being owned by a Giant......lol

I was just in a middle of a quest, when ice dragon appeared. I thought "load for sure", but then lots of soldiers popped out of somewhere, so i finished my quest while dragon was busy with them and ran away, olol.
Quote from The Very End :**** me, how you get that much?! O_o

I have 50% fire resistance as a dark elf + I have a helmet which gives me 40%. (I think they add up, at least they did in oblivion). Also, I have some equipment which regenerates magicka faster than I can spend it (Morokei's mask + archmage's robes and some jewelery)
Quote from mythdat :There's a few different levels of Soul Trap spells, as well as a Soul Trap enchantment. Basically, you either cast the spell or hit the creature with the enchantment, and if it dies within x seconds, its soul will fill an empty soul gem.

Are there any NPC selling items with that enchant (so I can disenchant it and learn it), or selling the soul trap thingy?

Quote from Kid222 :I was just in a middle of a quest, when ice dragon appeared. I thought "load for sure", but then lots of soldiers popped out of somewhere, so i finished my quest while dragon was busy with them and ran away, olol.

Lol.
Well my wtf moment were a mamut riding a other mamut, then later at same place the troll sent me into space.

Quote from Nadeo4441 :I have 50% fire resistance as a dark elf + I have a helmet which gives me 40%. (I think they add up, at least they did in oblivion)

God damn nerf! I really getting owned by magic
I bought a House in Whiterun and every decoration there was. Are the chests safe to put my things in? In oblivion, they would sometimes dissapear from time to time
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I bought a House in Whiterun and every decoration there was. Are the chests safe to put my things in? In oblivion, they would sometimes dissapear from time to time

I hope not, because I got shitloads of stuff there now lol
I got "stuck" at Winterhold.
Every single time i try to leave it, i run into a deathtrap, ice wolves or any other ice monsters, or i take a shortcut, which turns out to be a trap without way back. Also, my horses keep running away. Guess i'm beating them too hard.

I've at least got some mage skills and levelled up to 9, but now my weapons and sneaking suck... oh well, hard are ways of hero. Especially in my hands.
Quote from Kid222 :I got "stuck" at Winterhold.
Every single time i try to leave it, i run into a deathtrap, ice wolves or any other ice monsters, or i take a shortcut, which turns out to be a trap without way back. Also, my horses keep running away.

even with quicktravel?

Also, horses usually run away if they are not yours (that means you haven't payed money for them).
Quote from The Very End :Does the level scaling thing works out on mobs too? Or if I just level high enough I can one-shot everything? I hope for the first.

The scale thing in shops however, I am not sure why they do that. Just make the price high as f(#/%R#/%, or make weapons level restricted!

There is level scaling in the game, but not in a linear fashion.
Each area will scale to your level the first time you enter it, but will then lock to a pre determined ceiling from there on in I believe.

BTW I have noticed shops getting richer the more I trade with them.
And I found soul trap weapons to disenchant in dungeons and quests. It's somewhat random, so it will eventually turn up somewhere
Quote from -NightFly- :even with quicktravel?

Also, horses usually run away if they are not yours (that means you haven't payed money for them).

True. The horse I boughed fought with me when I got attacked. It attacked the attackers. I would have died a lot more if it wasn't for the horse :`)

Quote from CoolColJ :There is level scaling in the game, but not in a linear fashion.
Each area will scale to your level the first time you enter it, but will then lock to a pre determined ceiling from there on in I believe.

BTW I have noticed shops getting richer the more I trade with them.
And I found soul trap weapons to disenchant in dungeons and quests. It's somewhat random, so it will eventually turn up somewhere

Thanks for clearing that out! I just have to look around then and explore more!

Quote from CoolColJ :makes the game run better they say - haven't tested it

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123

I canot find the file in my game folder(s) -.- The installation says that I must replace a file, but I canot find the original file to replace.
No file here, just put it into the Skyrim folder and the game will use it, delete to remove.

I didn't notice any difference, using fraps to show my framerate
So I went and ordered the damn thing. I just absolutely love these type of games and being a huge fan of arcanum, fallout and that type of exploring and killing rpgs I just couln't resist. Been watching loads of lets play videos on youtube and haven't seen any annoying things either.

I hope the game does not come before monday because I have shitloads of work things to do on this weekend. Plus my graphics card (ati 4870) is dying so I hope this thing finishes it off so I can buy new card with clear conscience
Quote from -NightFly- :even with quicktravel?

I didn't found any travelling cart there... it was just random sigh at my fails.

And if it's true about horses here, then they're smarter, than real ones. (yeah, i stole them all)
Quote from Kid222 :I didn't found any travelling cart there... it was just random sigh at my fails.

And if it's true about horses here, then they're smarter, than real ones. (yeah, i stole them all)

Traveling carriages are for traveling to places that you didn't go to before.
Once you go to some town you can fast travel to it via map (I think you have to be outside of the city walls).
Quote from BlackEye :
Once you go to some town you can fast travel to it via map (I think you have to be outside of the city walls).

That is what i meant by quicktravel, just got to the map, click on the city you've visited and "teleport" to there.
Killed of Ulfric in the storyline, now going to leave the quests aside and focus on improving my smithing skills and finding rare materials.
I've completed the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest line, both were really enjoyable, sucks that I can't do any more main quests for them, just repeatable side quests.

Haven't even started the main storyline yet and I'm level 24 lol..

Probably gonna try and complete more side quests and then start the main quest.
Quote from BlackEye :Traveling carriages are for traveling to places that you didn't go to before.

Lol.. found it just today, i've wasted so much time at travelling...
Quote from -NightFly- :That is what i meant by quicktravel, just got to the map, click on the city you've visited and "teleport" to there.

I know you did, but he obviously didn't at that time.

Anyhoo, back to the adventures!
Damn job and RL (not so much RL, keeping it at a minimum ATM lol) keeping me from playing.
I've detoured from the main story after passing the Greybeards trials and am focusing on DB questline currently, I'm already disliking Cicero. I fot a bad feeling about him....

Questline's great so far, the writing as a whole has been awesome.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(445 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG