The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
Quote from Xobeohs :the mini tubas, right? those guys sound "sweeter" than trombones. better solo instruments.

Hehe, true! But a man solo on a trombone makes a hell of a lot more show than a baritone, it just looks so much cooler
Quote from Xobeohs :i love the trombone, it's such a unique, all-round instrument. it could be a solo instrument, or background ambiance. it can play smooth and harmoniously, or it could play bitter and mean; and it's slide allows for cool tricks and entertaining performances. why doesn't everyone play trombone?

Yeah I love the character of it. My mum always listened to big band music when I was little, then I got into Jamaican music like rocksteady and ska, then funk outfits like Parliament, so I suppose I've always been exposed to great trombonists. Went to see Fred Wesley a couple of years ago though and there was only half a room of people came to see him, so maybe it's just me.
- Artist Name-Tilly
- Genre-Hip- Hop/ Rap
- Experience and History- Been playing drums since I was 7 always enjoyed beats.
- Instruments-Voice
- Hardware- Non atm
- Software-Audacity
- Website- www.reverbnation.com/Tilly386 or Tilly on facebook!
Check my stuff
Lol, but it's awesome, make an awesome smily+trombone instead
Quote from Xobeohs :why doesn't everyone play trombone?

PS. I have a friend who's a mad muso with pretty strong philosophies on music (he believes that everyone has an ability to be musical, if you can talk you can sing, etc) who told me once that if he ever became Prime Minister his first act would be to send every person in the country a kazoo in the mail. Not really sure if I'd vote for that, though.
I've got a kazoo in my case full of essential things that come to gigs with me (tools, strings, batteries, cables, kazoo etc.). I had to wire it to the peghead of my double bass for a gig last summer and haven't needed it since but you never know!
Well I still suck 15 months after first picking up a guitar.

But I now own 3 of them, and despite being equally aweful on all of them I am loving every moment that i'm aggitating my neighbours with them.

My latest guitar, Phoebe, is an accoustic with what I call her electric nipple - which is a pickup for amplification. I was quite astounded when I wired her electric nipple up to my amplifier for the first time a couple of days ago and started adding distortion! I had no idea an accoustic could sound so ... well, so electric! It's awesome!

Everybody should do this immediately. It will blow your knickers off.

/Metal
Though I would like to put a pickup in my acoustic, it wouldn't be to sound like an electric. I have an electric I love well enough for my electric fix. I want it so I can put it on a loop pedal.

Don't worry Becky, I've had my guitars since 2005 and I still suck. I need to do some learning how to play the guitar rather than just how to play this song and that song. I also need to pick it up more than once a week or so. Just not enough time though.
I've had an idea for awhile to create an electrified kanun band. Kanun is a bit like a lay down harp or a hammer dulcimer without the hammers (you pluck the strings). It's one of the principle instruments used in much Turkish music.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my- ... tonekanunontheco.jpg/sr=1

Anyway, the idea was to create a 'punk' type of kanun music. With 24 tones per octave and 4 or 5 kanun players, I felt you could create some really interesting clustered chords and melodic patterns. The trouble is, Kanun's are usually so expensive that I'll probably never even get to own one, let alone start a kanun band.
Quote from Becky Rose :My latest guitar, Phoebe, is an accoustic with what I call her electric nipple - which is a pickup for amplification. I was quite astounded when I wired her electric nipple up to my amplifier for the first time a couple of days ago and started adding distortion! I had no idea an accoustic could sound so ... well, so electric! It's awesome!

Everybody should do this immediately. It will blow your knickers off.

Try stopping a note on a double bass with your thumb, find the fifth harmonic above it with your pinkie, now bow the string while slowly sharpening the note all the way up the fingerboard, through a tape echo in a feedback loop with a bitcrusher.

Proper painful.
Quote from DevilDare :Have you tried sending off your work to some labels?
Good quality stuff. Worth giving it a shot.

cheers
and ive already got some stuff signed and in the pipeline
hence most of the newer unsigned stuff being cut clips as well :P
labels dont really like picking up full tracks already floatin around freely on the interwebs.
Ahhh, nice one then.
-
(Sir moi 407) DELETED by Sir moi 407 : to avoid confusion
I play the drums, got an electric kit the other day:

My brother is a DJ aswell, he does mixing at clubs etc, check him out!
http://soundcloud.com/chipdj
Quote from matijapkc :The heavy parts are very nice, but the parts you call dubstep sound more like some power metal (the electronic stuff you have isn't really dubstep if you ask me), so I suggest you to remove some of the electronic parts and stick to pure metal, or try to make some better dubstep. And, just to make it clear, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to make your music better

I never said it was dubstep-metal. I just used some dubstep songs ;-) I dont find your opinion insulting at all, i find it interesting. But i dont share it :-)

EDIT: I just realized that your are probably talking about my OTHER post
You should check out the 2 latest i posted ;-) one of them has dubstep sounds and they are MUCH better ;-)
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I never said it was dubstep-metal. I just used some dubstep songs ;-) I dont find your opinion insulting at all, i find it interesting. But i dont share it :-)

EDIT: I just realized that your are probably talking about my OTHER post
You should check out the 2 latest i posted ;-) one of them has dubstep sounds and they are MUCH better ;-)

Oh, I misunderstood it then

I was talking about the songs I quoted, but I'll won't talk anymore, I'll wait for your next demos and see what will you do.
I was musician too, many years before (bass guitar) but my tendons betrayed me.

We had a band, created back to early 90's, and i found one of our song uploaded to youtube.

Was written at '94 (fsss, almost 20 years ago:schwitz, recorded at '97 (i think) and released to our first and only official CD at 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6755sVay5E

I think the greatest moment of the band was playing with Deicide, as support band.

P.S. Oh, its metal :rock_band:headbang:

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG