The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
Creativity definitely wanes a little with age, but creativity is rarely original.... Ideas are formed out of chance discoveries, methodical trial and error, or the "like that, but wouldnt it be good if" principle.

When you're younger the wouldn't it be good if principle comes naturally because whenever you are faced with something new you are conditioned to throw ideas out there and test them, and to continually ask "why" but then as you get older you stop asking why and start accepting things for their face value.

You cannot force yourself to be creative, you can undo all you know with a frontal labotomy and starting asking why again, but your best bet is to deploy trial and error, dont ask yourself if something will work - instead prove that it does, or can be got to work.

Or digress into other creative techniques such as edgecraft, adding something to an existing thing, or taking something away, making it louder, make that heavy song a ballad... stuff like that.

All creativity is routed in what we know and what we ask based on what we don't know, so if you can't find a way to be creative then condition your mind to start asking why again by learning new things - read a science book - or a marketting book - or try learning a new sport or skill... Anything that doesn't come naturally to you in order to recondition your brain to start asking why again, because that's the bit of grey matter that creates things.
Quote from jrd.racer :Roots Reggae, and Ska. Hellz yeah.
id love to hear what you guys sound like.

Bear in mind we never expected to have an audience from Jamaica.

We do have Jamaican influences - when we first started doing this band we were going to just do old '60s Jamaican pop songs, Trojan records stuff and Upsetters stuff, mostly ska and rocksteady. So we do listen to all of that, but we don't try to reproduce it. We do what we do and it's informed by the old guys but you can't do that better than they did so we don't try.
Don't know what genre the music I've made is considered. None of it truly fits in to any one genre. But if anyone wishes to listen to anything I've made (not that much, and not very long, and also not too good but nonetheless I figure i'll share it), I have a youtube account and a soundcloud account:

http://www.youtube.com/djjoe9000
http://www.soundcloud.com/djjoe9000
Well we did the acoustic session for the radio last week and it was broadcast yesterday. Here's a link to the player, our stuff starts about the 26m mark.

I think the first tune drags a bit but the other two worked out pretty well.
*listening*

Sounds nice so far! :rock_band
Not really my personal taste as i'm more down with the punk your guys abandoned, but excellent stuff Kev
#133 - Uke
Been experiementaling with the Record program, might just throw some doom shit here. Just not sure how can I create the noisy fuzzy sound you get with cranked tube amplifiers.

Btw. I do appreciate comments like "horrible" "bad" "awfull" because that's what I'm kind of aiming for. Listen to Electric WIzard and yousee what I mean : D
Quote from Uke :Been experiementaling with the Record program, might just throw some doom shit here. Just not sure how can I create the noisy fuzzy sound you get with cranked tube amplifiers.

Btw. I do appreciate comments like "horrible" "bad" "awfull" because that's what I'm kind of aiming for. Listen to Electric WIzard and yousee what I mean : D

The very regular "noise" sound? Static?
#135 - Uke
Quote from hazaky :The very regular "noise" sound? Static?

NO, that kind of guitar tone you get from cranking your amplifiers. very far from static.

Also I tried the program on my brothers computer, and the mic input is not good in mah computer or stuff. so i need to get an huitar to usb thingy. I'm not very good with this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Torly61dzSY
Quote from Uke :Also I tried the program on my brothers computer, and the mic input is not good in mah computer or stuff. so i need to get an huitar to usb thingy. I'm not very good with this stuff.

You could get some guitar effects pedal from zoom, line 6, etc. Some of them have USB connection and will function as a soundcard (works good for recording).
#137 - Uke
Quote from jibber :You could get some guitar effects pedal from zoom, line 6, etc. Some of them have USB connection and will function as a soundcard (works good for recording).

UGH i have spent over 100e on stuff i don't really need this month and I'm already like "WHAT HAVE I DONE???" Sure, mp4 player is kind of necesary but it'd be quite hard to spend 200e on a line 6 pod. Also I don't kind of like these digital guitar effects. You can't get the tube amplifier tone with them.

I think in my case and usb microphone would be the best solution.
Quote from Uke :Also I don't kind of like these digital guitar effects. You can't get the tube amplifier tone with them.

You might be surprised, digital modelling has come a long way. Look at how many bands take Hammond organs and Leslie cabinets on tour these days - basically none - because the Nord organs are so good.
#139 - Uke
Quote from thisnameistaken :You might be surprised, digital modelling has come a long way. Look at how many bands take Hammond organs and Leslie cabinets on tour these days - basically none - because the Nord organs are so good.

We're talking about other kind of music. I'm trying to record slow drone doom / stoner doom / sludge doom / whatever (i hate genre shit). And most of taht type of band STILL record their albums with analog systems.
Quote from Uke :NO, that kind of guitar tone you get from cranking your amplifiers. very far from static.

Also I tried the program on my brothers computer, and the mic input is not good in mah computer or stuff. so i need to get an huitar to usb thingy. I'm not very good with this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Torly61dzSY

U probably mean the distortion. The easyest thing to do ... honestly.

U can do it in PC too, but the best results are with hardware based stuff.
#141 - Uke
Quote from hazaky :U probably mean the distortion. The easyest thing to do ... honestly.

U can do it in PC too, but the best results are with hardware based stuff.

I'm not stupid, I can get a good drone tone out of my guitar, but getting it recorded without loss of distortion or low end is another thing. I mean THAT SPECIAL DISTORTION you get with cranked amplifier boosted with cranked uhh.. waht are they called, boost pedal? So the tubes are nearly dying and the hell is set free : P
Quote from Uke :I'm not stupid, I can get a good drone tone out of my guitar, but getting it recorded without loss of distortion or low end is another thing. I mean THAT SPECIAL DISTORTION you get with cranked amplifier boosted with cranked uhh.. waht are they called, boost pedal? So the tubes are nearly dying and the hell is set free : P

What about that? This should do all the fancy stuff for u. http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=720
#143 - Uke
#145 - Uke
Quote from Uke :Seems quite interesting, but can you make it sound like a tube amplifier?

I have no idea.

But my friend Google knows, you should ask him. www.google.com
Quote from Uke :Seems quite interesting, but can you make it sound like a tube amplifier?

Dude that's exactly the same thing i was suggesting to you. Heck, zoom even has one with two built in tubes. If you feel like you don't want a zoom/line 6 pedal, you won't need this either... it's the same thing.
#148 - Uke
Quote from jibber :Dude that's exactly the same thing i was suggesting to you. Heck, zoom even has one with two built in tubes. If you feel like you don't want a zoom/line 6 pedal, you won't need this either... it's the same thing.

Ok.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Duddess. I've began learning slide guitar.

Aweesoommee. I sound like a cowboy or something now.

Good lad

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG