The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from anbiddulph :soundcloud.com/jack-charles-biddulph/fioritura

A very basic piano piece i wrote when I couldn't sleep

Omg. This is so beautiful. You have such a talent :jawdrop: Is this really written by you? Just wow. I am totally amazed and charmed. Even if you say, it's a basic piano piece, it's sounds very uplifting and beautiful. The simple piece of music can sound more beautiful than complex piece of music if it has some niuances in it that amazes you. In this your short piece of music, I found it has a very charming melody that is brilliant. Carry on! Really looking forward to your next piece of music. I think you have a very good taste in music.
I bought a new instrument today, and it's the best thing ever!

It turns out you can amplify and distort Ukelele's, WHO KNEW !? I never thought about it until I saw one in a music shop, and straight away it made perfect sense because It's already the best instrument in the world - and now it can play heavy metal!

I've only had a Uke for a couple of months and as it was an acoustic so I just played happy little plinky shit with it - but now I have an electric one I solemnly pledge to figure out some heavy metal with it

Amplify all the Ukes!.

Go get yourself an electric Ukelele, otherwise no matter how much you think your life is sorted - you actually haven't discovered what fun is yet until you've distorted a Ukelele.
Quote from Becky Rose :I bought a new instrument today, and it's the best thing ever!

It turns out you can amplify and distort Ukelele's, WHO KNEW !? I never thought about it until I saw one in a music shop, and straight away it made perfect sense because It's already the best instrument in the world - and now it can play heavy metal!

I've only had a Uke for a couple of months and as it was an acoustic so I just played happy little plinky shit with it - but now I have an electric one I solemnly pledge to figure out some heavy metal with it

Amplify all the Ukes!.

Go get yourself an electric Ukelele, otherwise no matter how much you think your life is sorted - you actually haven't discovered what fun is yet until you've distorted a Ukelele.

Why not a guitar?
Quote from seniecka :Omg. This is so beautiful. You have such a talent :jawdrop: Is this really written by you? Just wow. I am totally amazed and charmed. Even if you say, it's a basic piano piece, it's sounds very uplifting and beautiful. The simple piece of music can sound more beautiful than complex piece of music if it has some niuances in it that amazes you. In this your short piece of music, I found it has a very charming melody that is brilliant. Carry on! Really looking forward to your next piece of music. I think you have a very good taste in music.

seniecka, that is such a positive comment.

I wish that I had some musical talent installed but I really don't have any at all, unfortunate as it would be very cool to be gifted in that department. Although to be fair I did once used to play 'Mull of Kintyre' on an electronic music calculator dating at about 1981. I still remember the keys to that song. 124666545421246.

And I do know a couple of Robert Burns poems which for the life of me still only make sense if you've been on bath salts for a month and I don't mean bathing. This is normally said just before the poor haggis gets violently stabbed. wtf?

Address To A Haggis

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang's my arm.
Quote from KiRmelius :Why not a guitar?

I have four of those, but Ukelele are awesome. You should get one, plug it into a guitar amp, crank up the feedback, and die happy knowing you did everything worth doing.
-
Quote from Becky Rose :I have four of those, but Ukelele are awesome. You should get one, plug it into a guitar amp, crank up the feedback, and die happy knowing you did everything worth doing.

I like cranking up the feedback with my guitar. Ukuleles are good for having in your backpack and playing silly campfire songs with your friends. For something more complex than that (basically everything that consists of more than 4 chords) It's too restrictive. Not enough strings, not enough frets. And those cute little strings still sounds wrong with feedback.

But as for novelty - a metal band playing ukuleles, that would be pretty damn funny. But still FAR FAR away from "best thing ever"
Quote from Myffe :Have been learning to use FL Studio actively for about a year(?) or so now. I'm very new to producing music yet so my pieces are nothing special but I'm learning new things all the time.

And since I'm absolutely obsessed about Drum and Bass, my best songs (so far) are from that genre

https://soundcloud.com/myffe77/earboost

https://soundcloud.com/myffe77/viineris-flight-wip-1

https://soundcloud.com/myffe77/positivepulla-wip

In my very subjective opinion, you are good at change, speaking of rhythm changes, although, I noticed you do struggle finding new melody elements, new patters, or extending existing ones futher on. It's like three notes are being played with the same manner. It becomes a bit boring. I think you should put an extra note in melody, to make like 3-4-3 or even other order of notes (your imagination and improvisation is welcome) or something else. The sound quality itself is good.
Quote from AlienT. :seniecka, that is such a positive comment.

I wish that I had some musical talent installed but I really don't have any at all, unfortunate as it would be very cool to be gifted in that department. Although to be fair I did once used to play 'Mull of Kintyre' on an electronic music calculator dating at about 1981. I still remember the keys to that song. 124666545421246.

Happy to see we have the same opinion about mentioned piece of music. I would like to hear you playing as well, as I found out you've been playing in the past. There is a plenty of even free music softwares, where you just download, turn it on and play elementary with your laptop's or desktop's keyboard.
Quote from KiRmelius :Ukuleles are good for having in your backpack and playing silly campfire songs with your friends. For something more complex than that (basically everything that consists of more than 4 chords) It's too restrictive. Not enough strings, not enough frets. And those cute little strings still sounds wrong with feedback.

NOOOOOOO Uke's are the best thing ever!

Quote :But as for novelty - a metal band playing ukuleles, that would be pretty damn funny. But still FAR FAR away from "best thing ever"

I dared an Italian gothic metal band called Heretic's Dream to use a Uke on their next album last night and the bassist seemed up for it - so we'll see
Quote from seniecka :In my very subjective opinion, you are good at change, speaking of rhythm changes, although, I noticed you do struggle finding new melody elements, new patters, or extending existing ones futher on. It's like three notes are being played with the same manner. It becomes a bit boring.

Yeah that is my biggest weakness atm. Atm Im trying to make it better by trying some automations, effects and trying to come up with different ways to evolve my projects.
Haven't posted in this thread for quite a while.

Mainly working with the SP1200 now, sold most of my other drum machines. Kept only the MPC500 and MPC60 (sadly the screen is busted at the moment).

Here's a collection of my work, most of it doesn't compare to the true oldschool Hip-Hop beats, but i'm still enjoying making beats a lot... just need to find more time again, been slacking a bit since a year...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jibber951/videos

Quite proud of these...

http://youtu.be/Qlh5Rugxk_k

http://youtu.be/_SiG0E2laVQ

http://youtu.be/-jdeV6JdcJ0

http://youtu.be/dJvbN2Z-dlA
First one was ok but the rest just sounded like hipster jazz/lounge music.
Quote from BlueFlame : hipster jazz/lounge music.

:banghead:

^ But hey, that's my usual reaction to reading one of your posts, so nothing new...
Quote from jibber ::banghead:

^ But hey, that's my usual reaction to reading one of your posts, so nothing new...

Well it wasn't a negative comment generally. I mean it's not my kind of listening material but its' the kind of music you'd find on Gran Turismo menu or something.
-
Lucky you noticed it there and it didn't spring off cos they can cause some nasty cuts.
-
Quote from brandons48 :So I hadn't picked this guitar up for a while, and then this happened:

Never had a string break like this before haha.

I guess no one would be interested in my 12 years piano skills than this :

Just making some advertisement for my brother's band who started founding their own band based on metal / rock genre.
I really like the professional quality of the video and the music of course as they are just new. I guess it's worth a look especially for some metal fans.

Intro video: Introducing
And their first single: ****in'Virus

ThemBonesVimeo
ThemBonesFaceBook

We would be thankful if you would share around!
-
I'm thinking about learning keyboard/piano, guitar just wasn't my thing. Anyone got tips which one to go for? Budget around 400-500€ I guess, lower the better. Hammer action preferrable, as I prefer the classic piano key feel.

Is something like this totally useless? I know it doesn't have hammer action or anything, but it's cheap and has USB which is a must...

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/standard/ctk3200/
In my opinion, it really doesn't make sense to try and save too much when it comes to music instruments. You usually get what you pay for...

Good instruments can always be found used in good condition for half of the price they cost new. I'd be looking around for something like a used Roland FP-7. You can't go very wrong with Roland, Yamaha, Kurzweil, Kawai... just don't buy their cheapest products (as with all music instruments).

If you don't need built in sounds, look for a master keyboard (you control sound modules with them via MIDI (your computer for example)... however, i have no recommendations there, as i found most new ones that don't cost a fortune are cheap plastic keyboards (Akai, M-Audio), so i ended up getting a used Yamaha KX-88 which is built like a tank (regarded as one of the best master keyboards out there, was Ray Charles favorite they say... but quite hard to find one).

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG