The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Nice work, you and him sound like you're on the same page, it's a cool sound.

I am getting tired of rappers multitracking themselves so much though, he's got a strong voice he doesn't need to do that. It's over-used now.
Thanks mate!

I know what you mean, he did the same on the other track and on another one that isn't finished yet. I don't think he uses it in all of his tracks, but he seems to like it quite a bit... (he loved this beat for the "cinematic" feel, etc). At the moment i'm still glad that somebody even wants to do something with my music!

This one is still multitracking i think, but not as bad (not my beat, i wish...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4kgCI12V3k
Rap isn't music. It's a skitzophrenic conversation with oneself.
Quote from BlueFlame :Rap isn't music. It's a skitzophrenic conversation with oneself.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
Amazing track Jibber, I loved it! Your sense of music has improved so much.

Quote from BlueFlame :Rap isn't music. It's a skitzophrenic conversation with oneself.
  • It's spelled Schizophrenic.
  • Symptoms of Schizophrenia never include multiple personalities. That's MPD or DID.
  • Your argument makes no sense. Rap is just as much a conversation with oneself as any sung music, including music you love. Rapping is merely a rythmic articulation of lyrics with or without melody.
No, I'm not a fan of rap. I'm a fan of any music with a soul.

The internet: Tubes and idiots.
Thanks Sam! I appreciate that!

And regarding Blueflame... at least his posts are entertaining... right?
Rap isn't music, as people do it in carparks without any music playing at the time. It's just talking with a rythym about crack whores and gangsters with some badly manipulated rhymes that only rhyme if you are a black man talking. Which defeats the point of a white man listening to rap, or participating in it.

Also, if you have to put on a whole gangsta facade to get into the rap mood, you're also a wanker, rap is a fashion now-a-days old school hip hop is cool but rap is just shit.
Quote from BlueFlame :Rap isn't music, as people do it in carparks without any music playing at the time. It's just talking with a rythym about crack whores and gangsters with some badly manipulated rhymes that only rhyme if you are a black man talking. Which defeats the point of a white man listening to rap, or participating in it.

Also, if you have to put on a whole gangsta facade to get into the rap mood, you're also a wanker, rap is a fashion now-a-days old school hip hop is cool but rap is just shit.

Shut up you phony! Ahahaha, you don't have a single clue what you're talking about do you?

Hip Hop is a culture, rap is something you do. And you have no idea about both, so why don't you just shut up for a change? Have you taken your medicine today?

And if you would really think old school hip hop is cool, you would maybe understand what it's about, but the way you think and talk (write) clearly shows that you don't understand jack shit.
Quote from jibber :Shut up you phony! Ahahaha, you don't have a single clue what you're talking about do you?

Hip Hop is a culture, rap is something you do. And you have no idea about both, so why don't you just shut up for a change? Have you taken your medicine today?

And if you would really think old school hip hop is cool, you would maybe understand what it's about, but the way you think and talk (write) clearly shows that you don't understand jack shit.

Aww come on

But agree, it's taste.
The only music I don't think is music is techno
(smily because I will attract rage).
Quote from (SaM) :No, I'm not a fan of rap. I'm a fan of any music with a soul.

Well said man me too.

One day I had my mum over here and I had some music on while I was cooking dinner, and I noticed she was tapping her foot to it. The CD was De La Soul - Stakes Is High. She's 74, her favourite music when she was growing up was big band swing and even she can appreciate good hip hop.
Sorry, i can't stand it if he says he finds old school hip hop cool, because his whole persona, principles and ideas don't fit the ideology of hip hop, he has no freaking idea what he's talking about, and it just so happens that he's talking about something that i know something about... about something that i understand, value, and see as my passion and ideology in life.

I can't stand fakes, and BlueFlame is one of the biggest i've met so far. So excuse me for speaking up a bit.
Nice to see some really informed opinions being chucked about.
Quote from jibber :Sorry, i can't stand it if he says he finds old school hip hop cool, because his whole persona, principles and ideas don't fit the ideology of hip hop, he has no freaking idea what he's talking about, and it just so happens that he's talking about something that i know something about... about something that i understand, value, and see as my passion and ideology in life.

I can't stand fakes, and BlueFlame is one of the biggest i've met so far. So excuse me for speaking up a bit.

Weell, but he got a point tho, there are a lot of really, REALLY BAD Hip Hop out there tho! And I must admit it's not ordinary for me to put it on my speakers. But even I can admit that from time to time I strumple across really original and great Hip Hip, in term of lyrics.

Good example on bad Hip Hop - the ones that thinking saying whore and bitch 2014 times in a song is cool

I like Eminem tho, even if I don't usually listen to him.
Quote from The Very End :Weell, but he got a point tho, there are a lot of really, REALLY BAD Hip Hop out there tho! And I must admit it's not ordinary for me to put it on my speakers. But even I can admit that from time to time I strumple across really original and great Hip Hip, in term of lyrics.

Good example on bad Hip Hop - the ones that thinking saying whore and bitch 2014 times in a song is cool

I like Eminem tho, even if I don't usually listen to him.

You don't hear real hip hop on the radio. Except for some rare circumstances, when some station is bumping something older like De La Soul, or maybe The Roots get their songs played from time to time. Real Hip Hop is underground, and the fans don't give a shit or two about people like 50cent or Lil Wayne, because they are hip-pop... a cheap form of brainless entertainment for dumb kids.

Hip Hop is real people talking about real life, in a positive way, motivational way, story telling way (it can also be a way to let steam off). It's an urban culture that is from the people, for the people. That's why it usually stays underground.

If you really want to understand the culture, you should listen to artists like The Roots, KRS-One, Atmosphere, Murs, etc. and actually pay attention to their lyrics.

And as in every form of music, there's people who have not much talent, so of course there's bad stuff out there too. Do you think every metal band who is "living" metal and understands the culture makes good metal music? I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Some real Hip Hop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ4ylxAlAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P2Xwej_xjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wIBoqo1ZFA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nDKTxjKK9k
Quote from jibber :You don't hear real hip hop on the radio. Except for some rare circumstances, when some station is bumping something older like De La Soul, or maybe The Roots get their songs played from time to time. Real Hip Hop is underground, and the fans don't give a shit or two about people like 50cent or Lil Wayne, because they are hip-pop... a cheap form of brainless entertainment for dumb kids.

Hip Hop is real people talking about real life, in a positive way, motivational way, story telling way (it can also be a way to let steam off). It's an urban culture that is from the people, for the people. That's why it usually stays underground.

If you really want to understand the culture, you should listen to artists like The Roots, KRS-One, Atmosphere, Murs, etc. and actually pay attention to their lyrics.

And as in every form of music, there's people who have not much talent, so of course there's bad stuff out there too. Do you think every metal band who is "living" metal and understands the culture makes good metal music? I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Well put comment
I might aswell just take your advice and give the named bands an try someday. They are on Spotify?
Quote from The Very End :Well put comment
I might aswell just take your advice and give the named bands an try someday. They are on Spotify?

I have no idea about spotify, but you can find them all on youtube. I don't know if it's your musical taste... there's quite a few different styles in hip hop, and as far as the music goes, i don't like it all... it's more about the lyrics really, it's the lyrics that make or "break" real hip hop. And sometimes it's hard to catch everything they rap about... so if you care to find out a bit, it's a good idea to google the lyrics to any hip hop song and read through.

Regarding lyrics that are relatively easy to understand and relate to, i'd suggest some tracks from Atmosphere.
Well, the reason why I listen to metall is due to the fact that I often listen more to the music than the actually singing.. and tbh. I wouldn't understand anything of "IRRRRRRRRRHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHNTTTT THOOoooooooOOOOOO DHHIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaA!" ... but the music is awesome

I'll check em out, might be something new and refreshing, aswell that it's a little more calm than my usuall music hehe!
I can understand that very well. I still listen to stuff like Metallica or Iron Maiden, etc... not because of the lyrics, but because i enjoy the music.

And i'm not trying to force hip hop on you, if you're really interested, give it a try, but we all have different tastes in music and that's totally ok in my opinion.
I just thought you might actually like some of the lyrical content in hip hop, because the good stuff is something you could definately relate to... it's pretty much about being a good person, a strong person, fighting for you and your rights, caring about each other and having fun on this planet. You are more hip hop than you think with your views on life mate.

Another one, Talib Kweli (also one of the greatest when it comes to meaningful lyrics)... if you don't feel the soul in this, you got none! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtpXvzzXiA
Anyone here listen to Reggae. Mainly older reggae.

(kinda breaking the topic i kno)
My main band plays reggae/punk stuff, but often it sounds like hip-hop because it's basically the same music. Me and the drummer make it sound like reggae quite often but sometimes it sounds like dubstep (depending on the effects I'm using) or old-school rap music, it's something we're all into, but we don't try to aim for, but it comes out sometimes.

Our next EP (out in the next month or two) will have a more dub reggae feel in places and a more punk feel in other ways, rather than the ska/punk we did on our last EP, but judging by recent rehearsals the one after that will be more electronic, with more of a hip-hop sound with reggae rhythms. I've been using variable-tempo tremolos and sawtooth waveforms on the bass, and delays on everything else. I love being in my band.
Awesome! Nice to see you enjoy what your doing!
My favourite thing at the moment is switching on my old-school Boss OC-2 pedal which makes a sort-of bassline square wave sound, it reminds me of Wayne Smith's Casio bass sound on the original Sleng Teng tune. I'm always finding excuses to make sounds like that these days.

I like to mess it up with sample rate reducers to get a ring modulator sound, or add tremolo or LFO-controlled filter to make it more electronic, you can have a lot of fun with bass sounds if you've already made sure the bottom end is solid.

But we do still try to play some rootsy stuff. Our next EP will have a live acoustic song on it, with acoustic guitar and drums, double bass and melodica, and three vocals in the style of The Paragons or The Maytals, we are aiming for a garden party rocksteady sound with it.

I should say we are not nearly as good as The Paragons or The Maytals! We are from Yorkshire, not Jamaica, but we play with respect to your musical geniuses, they are still legendary in the UK.
Quote from jibber :Sorry, i can't stand it if he says he finds old school hip hop cool, because his whole persona, principles and ideas don't fit the ideology of hip hop, he has no freaking idea what he's talking about, and it just so happens that he's talking about something that i know something about... about something that i understand, value, and see as my passion and ideology in life.

Yes, see, a music that has an IDEOLOGY?!?!? This is not music it's a "I WANT TO BE COOL AND FIT IN WITH EVERYBODY ELSE" genre of BS.

Rap = Beat and a guy talkin faster than the average man. PLEASE tell me how that is music? There's no melodic quality, there's rarely anything comprehendable unless you put your baseball cap on in reverse.

Wolfgang, Johan and Pyotr went to the trouble of composing complex pieces of music for the people to follow to make RAP. ARE YOU SERIOUS? It's a waste of electricity.

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG