The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
Mad respect for that pizza song! It's ill homie! Haha!
Quote from brandons48 :Go for a nice Marshall 30w

Or 50w if you have the money

I'm not 12. I'm a 37 year old father of 2 girls that owns his own home and shares it with a wife and said 2 daughters. I don't need to annoy everyone in the house and in the "neighborhood" (if you want to call my property in the sticks part of a neighborhood...) There's no need to be blasting out metal riffs. It's for my own personal enjoyment, thus if it can't play quietly, I'm not interested. 30W or more is way overkill....

I used to backing vocals for a local band a few years back, i was good mates with the drummer, i suppose i was kind of what would be regarded of a 'roady' for a couple of years.

Over time, i used to get dragged up to do one song as lead vocalist, usually at the end of the night, or if not, before the interval.

This was about 2002/2003 ish tho, so i had no such camera phone that could do anything other than a blocky pixellated mess with washy sound at the time, so anything i had got recorded was binned.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm not 12. I'm a 37 year old father of 2 girls that owns his own home and shares it with a wife and said 2 daughters. I don't need to annoy everyone in the house and in the "neighborhood" (if you want to call my property in the sticks part of a neighborhood...) There's no need to be blasting out metal riffs. It's for my own personal enjoyment, thus if it can't play quietly, I'm not interested. 30W or more is way overkill....

You don't have to turn it up .

Besides, you could get headphones.

I can play my 50W quietly, even with overdrive on. It's a matter of setting it up.

And the tone of a 50w dominates the sound of a tinny 15w crapbox.
Bless you all with your mighty 50w amps.

I'm currently gigging one of these. Guitarists don't even try to out-loud me any more.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Bless you all with your mighty 50w amps.

I'm currently gigging one of these. Guitarists don't even try to out-loud me any more.

I used to power up my 4x15" +15" as exernal woofer - with 480w per channel @ 4ohm. Nice amp anyways.
Quote from BlueFlame :Threw up a remix of U96's Das Boot techno remix of the original score, so I went one better, or worse, you decide :P it's not finnished and I shall cut a few bits out. Personally I think the main score is fine, but I put a few breaks in and I think I'll get rid of them to be honest. I need a few ideas to break down the song anyway, I just did some dodgey pitch changes so theres at least SOME progression in the song lol

If I were to remix that, between 2:00-2:06 I'd drag out the last note probably using a "delay" effect, and then have a sweeping low pass that fades out completely right before the next bit. And then I'd have the bit between 1:38 and 2:00 come in again, but with a harder, slightly boomier, slightly overdriven beat, and maybe some closed HH to go along with it.

I don't feeling like firing up my DAW of choice (Reaper) and trying, since I'm tired and going to bed. Otherwise I'd remix your remix of a remix.

EDIT: Actually, I'd probably put the 1:38-2:00 bit I was talking about with the modified beat right at 2:20 instead since it builds up for it anyway.
The quality of the MP3 is reduced tho, because LFSforum only allows 2mb max size for MP3, so I had to tune out the bitrate to fit it on here, but your comments are welcomed with enthusiasm, just when I find the motivation do do it :P
Quote from hazaky :Most of u may know that i work on this thing tho, so ... my latest track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K81nqvkwpY

wat :|
the instrumental is simple and repetitive and the vocals sound downright awful... the reverb on it is the cherry on top :|
Good for practice i guess. Keep practicing.
Just uploaded the U96 remix final set on myspace.
I crave opinions on this, I really do, I want to know if I have ruined it, or given it a nice edge with modern music whilst still retaining the original chill of the foundation score.

http://www.myspace.com/flammenjc

I think I should do an LFS type song, the only problem is the engine sounds on LFS aren't very depth'ed so it would be difficult to give a racing feel on the video without using different sounds to the game.
Quote from Fuse5 :wat :|
the instrumental is simple and repetitive and the vocals sound downright awful... the reverb on it is the cherry on top :|
Good for practice i guess. Keep practicing.

Didnt notice that reply at this time. Anyways, well ... owkay.

Some new stuff from me again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HazakyProductions
Quote from hazaky :Didnt notice that reply at this time. Anyways, well ... owkay.

Some new stuff from me again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HazakyProductions

It would sound awesome if it didn't just sound like someone constantly rewinding and skipping it, there's no melody it's just a boombass modifier going crazy with no chorus or repeatin pattern next time you make a song, use a similar modifier, but split the song into sections of part one - melody - part two - melody - end that way the song has more depth to it and doesn't sound like a spider crawling on your keyboard. I'm not speaking as a musician do you, I'm speaking as someone who likes all types of music (in the right moment.)
Quote from BlueFlame :... spider crawling on your keyboard ...

Dont know, but that leads me somewhere into trance genre, no thanks.

Anyways, its a style (pointing at my latest upload). As im not professional musician - its still as "this style". Check wolfgang gartner or someone on youtube and you'll see what i mean.
#90 - feat
I like trains
#94 - 5haz
I've got into slide guitar recently, quite easy and a lot of fun too.
Nice Darkone!
Im a drummer btw.
This followed me home today and my girlfriend says we can keep it:

http://teop.org/media/db2.jpg

Haha, that's a Fender bass in the gig bag behind it - gives a sense of perspective!
No I can't play arco, never got taught, never been asked to do it.

The guy who's selling me that bass though is a teacher and I think I'm going to ask him for some tuition - I'm doing quite a lot of upright playing at the moment and I've heard horror stories of people wrecking their wrists/arms/backs/necks from doing it wrong for too long. So maybe I'll ask him to teach me to bow it too.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No I can't play arco, never got taught, never been asked to do it.

The guy who's selling me that bass though is a teacher and I think I'm going to ask him for some tuition - I'm doing quite a lot of upright playing at the moment and I've heard horror stories of people wrecking their wrists/arms/backs/necks from doing it wrong for too long. So maybe I'll ask him to teach me to bow it too.

What do you play normally? What kind of stuff? Jazz, pop?

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG